Allocating Wounds, when and how

Bademeister

Question

Hey guys,

while i am reading the new Legion's of Nagash i've got a question about allocating Wounds. How does it work and in which order?

My example is Nagash in a Battalion The first Cohort. If Wounds would be allocated to Nagahs two things will happen. But i don't know exactly how.

The text on Nagash's Armor Morikhane: Each time a mortal Wound is allocated to Nagash roll a dice. On 4+ the Wound is negated. On 6+the attacking unit also suffers a mortal Wound.

The text on The first Cohort: Each time a wound or mortal Wound is allocated to Nagahs, you may pick a Morghast unit from The first Cohort within 3'' of him and roll a dice. On 3+ the may allocate that Wound or mortal Wound to the chosen Morghast unit unstead.

Now back to my example. Nagash is getting attacked (by some foolish trespasser). The attack strikes for 7 Wounds and 4 Mortal Wounds.

What i have to do first? Roll Saverolls for Nagash? Do i have to spread this Wounds via The first Cohort before rolling saverolls?

After rolling save (if it's the right way) there are 3 Wounds and 4 Mortal Wounds left. Am i able to choose which ability i do first? So could i try to avoid these mortals Wounds with the armor Morikhane first and then try to switch the rest of them to my nearby Morghast? Or have i to choose which ability triggers and the other one does not happen?

2 answers to this question

1 hour ago, Bademeister said:

Hey guys,

while i am reading the new Legion's of Nagash i've got a question about allocating Wounds. How does it work and in which order?

My example is Nagash in a Battalion The first Cohort. If Wounds would be allocated to Nagahs two things will happen. But i don't know exactly how.

The text on Nagash's Armor Morikhane: Each time a mortal Wound is allocated to Nagash roll a dice. On 4+ the Wound is negated. On 6+the attacking unit also suffers a mortal Wound.

The text on The first Cohort: Each time a wound or mortal Wound is allocated to Nagahs, you may pick a Morghast unit from The first Cohort within 3'' of him and roll a dice. On 3+ the may allocate that Wound or mortal Wound to the chosen Morghast unit unstead.

Now back to my example. Nagash is getting attacked (by some foolish trespasser). The attack strikes for 7 Wounds and 4 Mortal Wounds.

What i have to do first? Roll Saverolls for Nagash? Do i have to spread this Wounds via The first Cohort before rolling saverolls?

After rolling save (if it's the right way) there are 3 Wounds and 4 Mortal Wounds left. Am i able to choose which ability i do first? So could i try to avoid these mortals Wounds with the armor Morikhane first and then try to switch the rest of them to my nearby Morghast? Or have i to choose which ability triggers and the other one does not happen?

All abilities trigger. As they're all yours, you can choose order of resolution.

So yes, you can Morikhane the wounds first, then switch the remainder to the Morghast.

Archived