Stonemonk's Destruction Army WIP

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 4 weeks later...

Here is some WIP and finished ironguts pics. I took a gutplate and sculpted some tyranid plate ridges onto it and then cast a mold. Same with the shoulder armor.

wasnt sure on the tyranid flesh handles of their bonesword great weapons, but i think it ties them in with the big monsters nicely.

IMG_4560.JPG

IMG_4574.JPG

IMG_4691.JPG

IMG_4922.JPG

IMG_4924.JPG

IMG_4984.JPG

IMG_5024.JPG

IMG_5025.JPG

IMG_5026.JPG

I missed the last update with the Ironguts in. Everything looks just great, you've managed to seamlessly blend the two ranges perfectly. I can't wait to see how you paint the butcher and love the gnoblar haning off the dread maw!

The updates came pretty close together. Im excited to paint him too. Just gooped up the chains a bit. Need to paint him and base/cauldron, and then attach him. We will see how it goes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If you're interested in some story behind these guys, I wrote 500 words for the Endless Desert fiction contest that @Mengel Miniatures and I are judging. The winner will receive a free set of Desert Status Tokens and a selection will make their way into Endless Desert "Canon". 

You can find my short post about Tarkos Nidlord here: 

18 hours ago, KhaosZand3r said:

That was quite the narative. Well done. Until getting to the part about the second set of eyes, I hadn't even noticed that detail on the model. A parasitic hivemind is an awesome approach.

I wasn't sure if that twist was too subtle. We will see who is the master of who as the story continues.

• 2 weeks later...

Oh man... these just get better!! Was slightly sceptical of the blue faced hunter initially but it's come together amazingly! I have nothing other to say then this: I am in awe of your skills and concept the army is incredible!

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Archived