Sception

LVOPresentation-Jan25-DreadSolTitle3wn.j

The DREAD SOLSTICE Global Campaign is officially underway.  It's time to get to work!

First things first, these things are inherently an uphill battle for Death, as we have the smallest grand alliance whether you're counting rules content, model range, or (most fatally) player base.  Worse, while we might get a bit of a bump up front from Legions of Nagash, that book did not come with any new model releases, so existing players don't have a bunch of new units to run out and buy to rack up painting points.  Maybe you might get your local shop to let you fudge the rules and count units you paint that were purchased but not painted before the start of the campaign, independent retailers in particular might be subject to convincing on these grounds, particularly if your argument comes with a purchase of painting supplies, but official GW stores are unlikely to budge.  Worse, everyone knows Order is getting a HUGELY anticipated release in the form of Daughters of Khaine, a release that IS coming with a bunch of fancy new models, and they will be seeing a surge of interest & purchases based on that.  So if Death has any hope of tipping things in their favor, it needs to be early.

Fortunately, there is something working in our favor.  Results are not being logged according to Grand Alliance choice, but rather to individualized and somewhat mysterious results on a week by week basis.  Players don't just vote on 'party lines' for their own alliance, they vote for the outcome they want, and if others happen to use their order, chaos, or destruction purchases and victories to vote for outcomes we desire, that's just fine.  This also means that if you happen to play multiple armies of different alliances, you can still purchase, paint, & play whatever you like, and still have your points count towards death-favorable results.  A particularly important insight for any death players who are also planning to buy into the Daughters of Khaine release.  Unfortunately, based on the first week's dillemma, which I'll describe in my next post in the thread, it's pretty clear what results alliances are 'supposed' to vote for, so the potential obfuscation here isn't really working in our favor.  So if you want to get non-death players to contribute to Nagash's victory, it'll come down to begging and cajoling rather than outright trickery.

AoSMP-Deb11-Art3sq.jpg

Strategies for Victory:  The outcome of the narrative campaign is determined by player points logged by individual GW and Independent gaming stores.  These points are allotted to potential narrative outcomes, not particular grand alliances, and can be obtained in two ways:

1. Buy, Assemble, and Paint a legal battlescroll unit choice.  A particularly lax store might allow you to count units you already had lying around that you get painted now, but they're not supposed to.  Official GW stores are unlikely to bend on this matter.

2. Win a game of Age of Sigmar.  Dread Solstice games are supposed to use the Malign Portents rules, as well as additional weekly rules starting in the second week, but I doubt anyone can or will police you on that, so even if you're just playing plain pitched battle tourney practice games, log them.

So the goal is to accumulate points (yours or others) and allot them towards narrative outcomes that further the will of Nagash.  Here are some general stratagies to help you accomplish this:

• Check the Dread Solstice campaign page every week to view the new dilemma and determine which narrative outcome will best further Nagash's grand strategy.  If the best choice is ever unclear, come here to discuss it.
  • Once the ideal outcome is determined, spread the word in whatever online gaming communities you frequent.  Here, Reddit, Facebook, Warseer, other AoS or minis game forums, even bloody tumblr or 4chan if you have a presence in such places.  Make sure every Death player you can reach knows about this and knows where and which points to log.
  • Play as many games against other Death players as possible.  Points are gained by the victor, they aren't lost by the loser.  If you have a bud who also plays an undead faction, and the two of you play 10 games in a row, then each and every one is a point in Nagash's favor.
  • If you play multiple armies, count your purchases and victories for those armies in Nagash's favor.  Again, points are not allocated towards a particular alliance, you can spread them however you like.  Do you like, and have money for, each of the harbingers?  Fine, get them, paint them all, and count four points in favor of Nagash's plans.  You're more interested in playing dark elves in anticipation of Morathi's upcoming release?  That's cool, go ahead, but count your victories for Nagash.
  • Try to convince players of other alliances to log their points on our desired outcome.  If need be, call in favors, bribe them.  We don't have new models to buy, so use your spare dough buying drinks & snacks in exchange for points furthering Nagash's strategies.  And if you can't do that, appeal to reason.  Argue that the binary, Order-vs-Chaos nature of the Age of Sigmar narrative to this point is too one dimensional.  A victory for Nagash in this campaign is a victory for the depth and complexity of AoS Lore as a whole.  Death is uniquely, if ironically, positioned to breathe some much needed life into this game.  Only a clear victory for Nagash in Dread Solstice actually shakes things up, any other result is just a perpetuation of the status quo.
  • Buy and paint a Knight of Shrouds.  Yeah, for a single plastic model, it's a bit pricey, but there's nothing else new for death coming out, and it's a very nice model in person, and as an ethereal probably fast & easy to paint.  Give it a go.
  • Try to convince your local store manager to let you count anything you get painted if you have a bunch of unpainted stuff lying around, even if you didn't buy it during/for this campaign.  GW store managers probably won't go for this, but independent store owners might, particularly if you couple your request with other purchases, such as paints to get those models painted, or the new Legions of Nagash or Malign Portents books.
  • Count any units you do paint for the maximum number of points.  If all the new deathrattle & summonable synergy has you adding a unit of 40 skeletons to your army, remember that skeleton units come in sizes of 10+, so that's 4 points right there.  If you have a soulblight cavalry army that you're transitioning to Legion of Blood with the addition of some dire wolves, remember that those wolves come in units of 5+, so each box of 10 that you buy and paint counts for 2 points.  If you're finally breaking down and picking up a Vampire Lord on Zombie Dragon, remember to assemble the ghoul king, stick him onto an infantry base, and slap a couple coats of paint on it for another point.  If you get a mortarch, and magnetize it to use as each of the three characters, try to convince your local manager to count that as three points.  They probably won't go for it, but it can't hurt to ask.
  • Save painting points for when they're needed.  Per Keldrek's suggestion below, if you paint a new unit, you can and should hold off from cashing in the point for it if we happen to be ahead by a significant amount at the time.  By all means, continue to play games and cash in those points, again we are at a significant disadvantage in player populations here, results can change in a moment, but save painting points for late in the week, and if we're comfortably ahead, push them off to the following week.
  • Try to bring new or old players into the game.  If you have a massive old undead collection, split it off into a few different coherent smaller chunks.  Maybe you have enough stuff lying around form my old WHFB undead legion to split off playble 1k points lists of nighthaunt, flesh eaters, tomb kings, etc.  If any of your friends have expressed any interest in the game, or if you can bribe them with pizza or call in favors, loan your sidelists to them, and play a couple demo games, counting victories for Nagash.  Bring your sidelists to the store, and if any walk in or kids show interest, let them pick one to play, and count that game towards Nagash's victory.  Enough time has passed, and enough about the game has changed, that a lot of old players who rejected AoS have softened on it, especially after 8th ed 40k incorporated a lot of AoS ideas without destroying the game.  Maybe some of these old players can be convinced to try the new game, now.  Maybe you can agree to 'game trades' - you'll give their new game of choice a try if they agree to play a few games of AoS with you - counting any games played in Nagash's favor, of course.

AoSMalignPort-Harbingers5ek.jpg

Again, we've got a serious uphill battle ahead of us if we want to swing this thing in our favor.  Just remember, Nagash doesn't accept "impossible" as an excuse.  The campaign starts today, so it's time to get to work!

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

DREAD SOLSTICE: week one

================================================================

Dilemma1-icon-300x294.png

Dark omens abound in every realm. Your soothsayers and seers read the stars, throw their runestones, and study the omens of the natural world before reporting back that a great doom haunts the horizon.

An ancient power is rising – that much, your seers have divined beyond a doubt. Since Sigmar’s Tempest broke across the Mortal Realms, the iron stranglehold of Chaos has been weakened. It is not only the God-King’s followers that have made use of that opportunity. None truly know that which destiny has in store.  All that is certain is that the lands you have fought so hard to claim are under threat. A lingering suspicion haunts your mind – perhaps, if you do not act wisely, you will lose everything you hold dear.  Conversely, if you make the right decision, you may benefit from the disquiet that simmers within every tribe and nation. In times of great upheaval, old kings are cast down and new rulers rise to prominence.

Many rulers are turning a blind eye to the rumours of supernatural phenomena in their domains – for these lands, ravaged by the dominion of brutes and tyrants, are no stranger to evil spirits and corrupted souls. But you know to trust your gut instincts as well as the warnings of your advisors.

What will you do to prepare for the tumultuous times ahead?

Added Rules:  None.  Just play normal games (with the Malign Portents rules if desired)

Desired Outcome: THE SKULL

Decision-Skull-1-centered.png

DESTROY THE NAYSAYERS
How dare these stargazing fools spread dire rumours? You are not afraid of the darkness. Exile these bothersome prophets, or send their secrets to the grave.

There is no ambiguity in the desired outcomes this time around.  Drake is clearly intended to be the desired outcome for order, Eye is clearly the desired outcome for both Chaos and Destruction, where as the followers of Nagash fight for the Skull, suppressing knowledge of Nagash's plots and delaying the responses of our potential enemies for as long as possible.

Log your points this week in favor of the Skull, and do what you can to get your fellow gamers to do so as well.

At time of posting, The Skull has already jumped off to an unlikely lead, but remember, everything is stacked against us, and the slumbering beasts that are the Order and Chaos player base could topple our lead at any time.  Remain vigilant.  Remember, the undead to not tire or hunger, but labor relentlessly, mercilessly in the dark service of Nagash.  Your service must be nothing less.

I have 2 units recently painted that I will try to pass off hopefully and working on a 3rd that should be completed soon. But seeing that we have a big lead right now is making me think it might be better to hold back redeeming them, since painting points are much harder (for me) to earn than playing points.

4 minutes ago, Keldrek said:

I have 2 units recently painted that I will try to pass off hopefully and working on a 3rd that should be completed soon. But seeing that we have a big lead right now is making me think it might be better to hold back redeeming them, since painting points are much harder (for me) to earn than playing points.

This is a good point.  I did not expect we would jump out to such a big early lead.  Definitely keep playing games and counting those points, as the other results are not far behind and the order & chaos player base could turn out at any moment to flip things very quickly.  Most points are going to go in over the weekend, so I would not put much stock in thursday leads.

That said, if we are ahead, as we are for the current moment, then painting points can and should be saved for when they're needed.

Just a friendly reminder:  Today is the last day to register points for the week 1 results.  So far skull, shockingly enough, maintains its lead, but that lead is much narrower than I personally feel comfortable with, so at this point it's probably better to cash in what points you have for Skull now, rather than save them and risk a last minute, come-from-behind win for the Eye.

20 hours ago, Sception said:

Just a friendly reminder:  Today is the last day to register points for the week 1 results.  So far skull, shockingly enough, maintains its lead, but that lead is much narrower than I personally feel comfortable with, so at this point it's probably better to cash in what points you have for Skull now, rather than save them and risk a last minute, come-from-behind win for the Eye.

Looks like skull got through. My post from the main thread.

Week 2 is a lot less clear IMO(which is good). Now to me it's either eye or drake.  Still if I was skeleton pope I would be going eye or well my general would I am eager to hear other people's interpretations! Also skull won week 1! :D

It's been a long time since I have done choose your adventure stuff but sometimes I found the first choice is one of the most important ones. I do think picking skull the first time as lead to a "darker" path. If we look at all the choices in week 2 no matter what happens the moon is being fed which I think will be interesting for the narrative. 

Ui40pTE.jpg

Right in context of the community post summing up the week I am leaning on eye I am still in a half mind about drake for week 2(since those screaming the secrets are still dying and nagash is the type of person to want to settle scores.),  many feel that this week is more or less the other GA's reacting to the first week. I am eager for Scepticon to give his thoughts, but going by the first paragraph week one might of been the most important. I do also feel skull is a red herring, to me I think it would be the one that would get the other GA's back on track BUT due to the last week who is going to vote for it it's evident in the voting. 

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2018/02/22/dread-solstice-week-1-the-moon-of-dark-secretsgw-homepage-post-1/

The fates have been woven, and your decisions have borne gruesome fruit! Last Thursday saw the Dread Solstice kick off with a bang, and since then, thousands of results have been registered in stores across the world in this crucial opening chapter of the Global Campaign. With week 1’s results now tallied, we can confirm that, rather than heeding the Malign Portents or taking advantage of them, you voted to destroy the naysayers. Perhaps unsurprisingly, this will be good news for Nagash and his legions. Turns out that getting rid of those who are spreading word of the portents isn’t going to make the momentous ripples emanating from Shyish go away…

Right the information on this week. 

This week in the campaign, your actions have attracted Lunaghast to the Mortal Realms, a colossal moon formed of Dark Matter from the Aetheric Void in which the eight realms hang. Thirsty for secrets and hidden truths, the moon has been lured to your kingdoms by the slaughter of your prophets and seers. Across the lands, the peoples of the Realms are attempting to appease it by screaming their darkest secrets and most closely guarded knowledge from the highest peaks. Nothing remains unsaid, and you find yourself faced with a decision – do you avenge newly revealed grievances, slay any who know YOUR secrets, or try to learn them all?

AoSMPDreadSolsticeResults-Feb22-Choices1

Right I am in discussion with someone on facebook and they gave quite a sound reasoning why we should go drake this week. Meta wise I don't think GW will buff us again and two? Drake last week would of sent everyone on course to nagash. When it come's down to it he has said this week is mainly for GA destruction, eye would actually keep the status quo and if we want to change the setting we should go drake. I will post it here so Scepticon can dissect it. 

Me:Go eye for the sake of his great work, take a look at the community article. The less people that know about his work the better.

Logical poster:That’s not what the article says

do you avenge newly revealed grievances, slay any who know YOUR secrets, or try to learn them all?

It’s about the secret of the kings, rulers, warbosses being revealed by the moon, not the secrets of Nagash, the Chaos Gods or Sigmar

Me: Oh good point... Thinking about it I do think if people want to stop Nagash they should be picking skull. I have been wavering on either drake or eye. What do you think then? I am interested to hear your reasoning.

Logical poster: I don’t think any option is going to affect us in the great scheme of things. The moon is most likely controlled by Nagash, so all the secrets it absorb is directly lead to him, most importantly any possible secret about where the stolen souls are, with the secret that mortals can hear as the small parts of them that have not been absorbed by Lunaghast

Thus it doesn’t really matter for us what we’ll choose this week, but Eye is by far the least appealing one because it’s a force of the status quo, of acting so that nothing changes. And we want things to change, because it’s when things are changing that they are at their most fragile

Me: I see sounds logical, now if we HAD to pick an option which way should we swing? Since reading your post I am leaning on drake since as you said secrets are being absorbed and your reasoning that nagash controls the moon. Skull to me looks like the option that could hamper nagash, also it looks like no one is going for it due to last week but I think GW is throwing a red herring with it and it's actually a way out of the situation for the other GA's. 

Plus you already went through eye. So what are your thoughts? I am eager to hear them.

Logical Poster: I don’t think that Skull is doing badly because of that. In my opinion it’s because last week’s results were fueled by two things
1) All Death players voting for it
2) People wanting a change in the setting. The Drake would have most likely worked to prevent it, while Eye would have been a “neutral” option

The same applies this week
1) Grot players, and probably Destruction as a whole, want Skull to succeed, but grots are just a small faction in what is probably the least played GA, so they can’t reach the same numbers of Death last week
2) This time around Drake is the source of change, with Eye being against it and Skull being neutral. However, seeing as they have buffed Death after the first week, they want to prevent another faction other than theirs to be buffed to, that’s why not that many are voting for Skull compared to last week’s neutral option (also there are most likely other players that interpreted this week poll the same way as you in the beginning)
As I’ve said in other comments, I’d go for Drake or, maybe, Skull but, seeing how the votes are currently going, with Drake having a bigger advantage than Skull had last week, I may go with Skull to see if I can balance things a bit, and help make Eye the least approved option

Me:Me saying it's logical etc etc. 

So what do you guys think? 

I don't think Nagash controls the moon, I think it's been attracted because of the amount of magical portent power going unused (because we've shived the people who could use it).

I'm not sure that any of the signs particularly help towards Nagash's grand plan.  The Drake could allow us to settle long running grievances (such as the number of souls being stolen).  The Eye has the least disruption for us - we're head hunting those who have learned the secrets of our kingdoms.  The Skull is the most disruptive, we'd potentially gain a lot of new lore and information but it could potentially risk bringing in more omen readers (thus undoing Week 1's goal).

DREAD SOLSTICE WEEK TWO

Well, I hardly need to summarize everything, as I've been beaten to the punch this time around.  And good for it!  Keep up the enthusiasm!  Before interpreting this week's omens to lay bare how you're all wrong, I'm going to take a moment to go over the new rules

=====================================

Hidden Truths of Lunaghast:
Subtract 1 from the Bravery characteristic of enemy units while they are within 12″ of one or more Knights of Shrouds from your army. In addition, subtract 1 from the Bravery characteristic of all models that do not have the Death keyword.

Hardly needs to be said, but this week's rules are amazing.  Break out the Banshee's and Terrorgheists!  Between Hidden Truths, the Realm of Shyish spell, and the many bravery debuffing options within Legions of Nagash, Even the staunchest of enemies can conceivably be reduced to Bravery 1 before being screamed off the board!

Unfortunately, our Knight's new relic will do little to help us.

Balefire Blade: This blade is alight with the burning souls of sacrificed prophets and seers who dared to challenge the wielder’s authority.
Pick one of the bearer’s melee weapons. Add 1 to that weapon’s Damage characteristic.

Don't get me wrong, +1 Damage on the Sword of Stolen Hours is nice and all, but the Knight of Shrouds is above all else a fragile support hero, there to read the malign portents, buff your nighthaunt units in small games where you can afford to make him your general, and now debuff the enemy's bravery.  You do not want to risk all that by putting a five wound hero in melee, do you?

And even if you did, chances are you wouldn't be able to give your Knight the Balefire Blade, due to the rules on how it is taken:

The first Knight of Shrouds in an army to receive an artefact of power can be given the Balefire Blade instead of any of the artefacts of power it can normally receive.

Barring potential errata this weekend, a Knight of Shrouds can only "normally receive" an artefact in Nighthaunt and Grand Alliance: Death armies.  If you're playing Flesh Eaters or any of the new Legions of Nagash then a Knight of Shrouds cannot take an artefact to begin with, so you cannot give them a Balefire Blade "instead of any of the artefacts of power it can normally receive."

============================================================

In interpreting this weeks omens...

EDIT: I still have my doubts here, but in the interest of unity I will alter my suggestions.  I don't have time to type out a full descriptive entry right now, as I have to go to work.  We'll see when the week ends how this plays out.

At the very least, at least this week GW has managed to actually put together some choices that are somewhat more opaque.

55 minutes ago, RuneBrush said:

I don't think Nagash controls the moon, I think it's been attracted because of the amount of magical portent power going unused (because we've shived the people who could use it).

I'm not sure that any of the signs particularly help towards Nagash's grand plan.  The Drake could allow us to settle long running grievances (such as the number of souls being stolen).  The Eye has the least disruption for us - we're head hunting those who have learned the secrets of our kingdoms.  The Skull is the most disruptive, we'd potentially gain a lot of new lore and information but it could potentially risk bringing in more omen readers (thus undoing Week 1's goal).

Right, so in other words this week does not really effect us meta wise GW would not put a second death power up and going by how GW are reacting they did not expect people to pick skull from the looks of things. Since they have been hammering on the prophets and naysayers were leading people to Shyish as Scepticon said we have a respite due to infighting. This week is focusing on the mortals from the looks of things. 

Now @Sception do you think we are on the "dark" route due to the skull outcome? That death may have some measure of power by the end of the campaign? Since GW said in the article that the first choice was crucial? What do you think?

I think GW wants us to believe all choices are crucial.

But I also think GW isn't nearly as slick as they want us to believe.  The wording is a lot less clear this time around, and good on them, but this is twice in a row where I suspect the results are Drake = Good Guys, Eye = Bad Guys, Skull = Nagash.  Not that I necessarily Expect Knight of Shrouds to get a second upgrade out of a second skull result, I just expect that's the best for Nagash, narratively.

The problem is, now that the leviathan that is the Order player base knows they get actual permanent rule toys for weekly results, in particular upgrades to their already-the-best-one-by-a-mile harbinger, I'm not sure anything other than drake will ever win again.

But still we have to try!  Vote Skull!  Encourage others to do the same!

In fact, now that the week two result descriptions are a bit more opaque, we actually have the option of pushing trickery.  Here's the line of argument I would try pushing with your Order friends:

The eye seems like it might support order via propping up existing leaders, but it's mostly just propping up tyrants who rule through lies and deceit.  Sounds more like a vote in support of Tzeentch or infiltrating vampires to me.  On the other hand, the Drake ferments disorder and rebellion this week, with cities fighting themselves instead of doing what they can to oppose Nagash, so that's a terrible choice for Order.  In my mind, the best choice for Order this week is, perhaps counter-intuitively, the Skull.  Last week too many warnings went unheeded, it's probably best this time around to scratch back all the prophesies and lore that can yet be salvaged from this 'Lunaghast'.

It is a lie, of course.  The conflict between tyrants and revolutionaries over exposed secrets has already started, supporting neither side just extends it, while secrets freed from the Lunaghast, along with the souls that carry them, will flow directly to Nagash.

I see @shinros is already doing Nagash's work.  :)

17 minutes ago, Sception said:

I think GW wants us to believe all choices are crucial.

But I also think GW isn't nearly as slick as they want us to believe.  The wording is a lot less clear this time around, and good on them, but this is twice in a row where I suspect the results are Drake = Good Guys, Eye = Bad Guys, Skull = Nagash.  Not that I necessarily Expect Knight of Shrouds to get a second upgrade out of a second skull result, I just expect that's the best for Nagash, narratively.

The problem is, now that the leviathan that is the Order player base knows they get actual permanent rule toys for weekly results, in particular upgrades to their already-the-best-one-by-a-mile harbinger, I'm not sure anything other than drake will ever win again.

But still we have to try!  Vote Skull!  Encourage others to do the same!

In fact, now that the week two result descriptions are a bit more opaque, we actually have the option of pushing trickery.  Here's the line of argument I would try pushing with your Order friends:

It is a lie, of course.  The conflict between tyrants and revolutionaries over exposed secrets has already started, supporting neither side just extends it, while secrets freed from the Lunaghast, along with the souls that carry them, will flow directly to Nagash.

I see @shinros is already doing Nagash's work.  :)

I can see your point but I think with that lie you are actually spot on or close to the actual truth. I actually do genuinely think skull is going to help order. Look at the community post, they ignored the portents by literally killing the messengers who could lead them to nagash. Eye and Drake are red herrings I just can't shake that feeling just looking at them in face value in context of the supplement. 

Drake:You are ignoring the situation for revenge. 

Eye:You are killing people who are shouting out secrets to protect yourself.

Skull:You are seeking secrets of the cosmos

Which of the three would help you stop Nagash's unknown plan? Drake or eye does not get you closer to shyish or gain knowledge on what is going on with Nagash, Skull does. Now skull might benefit nagash as well but at the same time I think for this week order going drake or eye is shooting themselves in the foot. GW have just told us tremors are coming from shyish which option gets people closer to that? Skull does.

2 minutes ago, shinros said:

I can see your point but I think with that lie you are actually spot on or close to the actual truth. I actually do genuinely think skull is going to help order. Look at the community post, they ignored the portents by literally killing the messengers who could lead them to nagash. Eye and Drake are red herrings I just can't shake that feeling just looking at them in face value in context of the supplement. 

Drake:You are ignoring the situation for revenge. 

Eye:You are killing people who are shouting out secrets to protect yourself.

Skull:You are seeking secrets of the cosmos

Which of the three would help you stop Nagash's unknown plan? Drake or eye does not get you closer to shyish or gain knowledge on what is going on with Nagash. Skull does, now it might also benefit Nagash narrative as well but I think for this week order going drake or eye is shooting themselves in the foot. 

I agree with you on the Drake, and the Skull's pretty ambiguous, but the Eye's obviously killing people who are shouting out secrets in order to  protect Sigmar's sovereignty and the stability of the Mortal Realms. Just look at the narrative spotlight the Knights Excelsior have got since Malign Portents launched.

I beseech Order and it's allies to not listen to the honeyed words of the guy who's literally got a skull for a face. ;) 

4 minutes ago, Double Misfire said:

I agree with you on the Drake, and the Skull's pretty ambiguous, but the Eye's obviously killing people who are shouting out secrets in order to  protect Sigmar's sovereignty and the stability of the Mortal Realms. Just look at the narrative spotlight the Knights Excelsior have got since Malign Portents launched.

I beseech Order and it's allies to not listen to the honeyed words of the guy who's literally got a skull for a face. ;) 

Hmm I dunno, this week is pretty vague. Yet if I was an ordinator that could divine the stars I would want knowledge instead of going on revenge killings or punting rivals. Sigmar gave them the job to figure out the portents and the doom they would bring which option get's you there? I literally said skull would support nagash last week but no one listened in the thread. People thought I was arguing for no reason etc. 

4 minutes ago, shinros said:

Hmm I dunno, this week is pretty vague. Yet if I was an ordinator that could divine the stars I would want knowledge instead of going on revenge killings or punting rivals. Sigmar gave them the job to figure out the portents and the doom they would bring which option get's you there?

You make a good point, and almost have me persuaded, I'm still off to GW to drop six games on Eye tonight though, as it's currently in third place and I'd like the tables a bit more level once more Order players have chimed in with their thoughts on how to vote this week. :) 

1 minute ago, Double Misfire said:

You make a good point, and almost have me persuaded, I'm still off to GW to drop six games on Eye tonight though, as it's currently in third place and I'd like the tables a bit more level once more Order players have chimed in with their thoughts on how to vote this week. :) 

See my whole thing the easiest way to convince people is to speak the truth. I am being honest in this moment that at this moment we are on the "dark" path it's a choose your adventure and right at the start people picked the worst(best in a death player's case) option right now people are ignoring the objective AGAIN. Last week skull won because of KILL MAIM BURN. 

As we can see drake is winning, there is pattern. Most people don't read the lore or read it properly, this campaign is not about winning wars but trying to divine the future to reach the best outcome. Nagash is trying to PREVENT people from getting to the appropriate future. Again the reason why I am being so open is because largely this week I think Death has no stake. Just look at the summary both eye and drake mortal's are slapping each other in the face over figuring out what is going on. 

Now I could be completely wrong but this is just my perspective. 

10 minutes ago, Double Misfire said:

So I shouldn't believe words of our Lord-Relictor? :)

Joking aside, i agree with @shinros - Skull is definitely not for Death this week. 

6 minutes ago, michu said:

So I shouldn't believe words of our Lord-Relictor? :)

Joking aside, i agree with @shinros - Skull is definitely not for Death this week. 

Yup it's clear enough this week it's between eye and drake and those voting drake I think are going to get a surprise. Still I could be wrong. 

Reading the week one outcome again. Destruction players should vote skull also since they actually want to keep the moon there in place. 

"Those who pay homage to this new moon by screaming secrets into the night are granted a measure of its power. Some, the subterranean races of the greenskins amongst them, seek to draw it down to loom over the Mortal Realms for good"

Which option will give you the knowledge to do that? Skuuuuuuuuuuuulll!

4 minutes ago, michu said:

So if they actually manage to do that we're basically going to have new Morrslieb, but this time for Death. 

Yeah I think this moon largely is going to benefit destruction and Death. Hell the moon might actually be permentally stuck there. It's just looking at this week, order literally shot themselves in the foot. The outcome order wanted was pretty clear last week. It was drake. I bet a lot of people in GW are raising their eyebrows or rubbing their hands at the week 1 outcome. 

Week 2 is not really clear but if I was an order player? I would steer clear from eye that one stinks of chaos. 

Honestly, in my own analysis, It seems to me that all Death Player's overall goal for this section should be to obfuscate the truth at every turn, prolong the story as much as possible before the inevitable assault on Shyish, and than hold off the siege as long as possible.

Last week, we were able to misdirect the other factions, and throw them off our trail. Remember, in the Malign Portents book itself, it is stated that Nagash's plan must rely on secrecy. We as his faithful servants have to keep up the charade as much as possible.

To put it bluntly, KNOWLEDGE IS THE ENEMY.

The less our foes know, the better. The less we know, the better. The only thing that matters is that Nagash knows whats going on.

In that case, our priority for this week should go to the Eye.

Than, followed by the Drake, for if the enemy pursues each other, Death shall be able to act freely.

I must reject Sception's choosing of the Skull; We must keep in mind that each choice is not relative to one faction. Instead, think of each choice with the mindset where if that choice wins, than every GA does that choice. 

If we pick the skull, that means our enemies get KNOWLEDGE.

We must silence those that would lead our foes to Shyish, and the realm of Nagash. We must destroy them.

We should not concerm ourselves with the secrets, for we are his underlings. When the time is right, he will reveal all.

We should not worry about avenging. For when his great work is complete, the retribution of Nagash shall scour all.

Our enemy's must be fooled and led astray; Secrecy is the will of The Great Necromancer. Thus, we choose the Eye.

3 minutes ago, Undeadly said:

Honestly, in my own analysis, It seems to me that all Death Player's overall goal for this section should be to obfuscate the truth at every turn, prolong the story as much as possible before the inevitable assault on Shyish, and than hold off the siege as long as possible.

Last week, we were able to misdirect the other factions, and throw them off our trail. Remember, in the Malign Portents book itself, it is stated that Nagash's plan must rely on secrecy. We as his faithful servants have to keep up the charade as much as possible.

To put it bluntly, KNOWLEDGE IS THE ENEMY.

The less our foes know, the better. The less we know, the better. The only thing that matters is that Nagash knows whats going on.

In that case, our priority for this week should go to the Eye.

Than, followed by the Drake, for if the enemy pursues each other, Death shall be able to act freely.

I must reject Sception's choosing of the eye; We must keep in mind that each choice is not relative to one faction. Instead, think of each choice with the mindset where if that choice wins, than every GA does that choice. 

That means our enemies get KNOWLEDGE.

We must silence those that would lead our foes to Shyish, and the realm of Nagash. We must destroy them.

We should not concerm ourselves with the secrets, for we are his underlings. When the time is right, he will reveal all.

We should not worry about avenging. For when his great work is complete, the retribution of Nagash shall scour all.

Our enemy's must be fooled and led astray; Secrecy is the will of The Great Necromancer. Thus, we choose the Eye.

This is logical to me in context of the first week and malign portents.  I was under the same impression when looking upon the choices the first time my mind traced on eye but I thought drake was another logical option but many have made sound arguments for skull. 

Archived