Vhordrai spell

Tizianolol

Question

Guys I have a question about this spell: on7+ I got +1 to hit and +1 to wound

my mount got buffs too?

the book speaks about command trait and artifacts .. This is a spell. There is a faq about that? Or I can buff my mount too?:) thx all!!

- another question about vhordrai is shyish blow. When I can use that ability? On hero phase or shooting phase? The bold doesn't clarify that:(

4 answers to this question

5 hours ago, Tizianolol said:

Guys I have a question about this spell: on7+ I got +1 to hit and +1 to wound

my mount got buffs too?

the book speaks about command trait and artifacts .. This is a spell. There is a faq about that? Or I can buff my mount too?:) thx all!!

- another question about vhordrai is shyish blow. When I can use that ability? On hero phase or shooting phase? The bold doesn't clarify that:(

On Shyish - I would say hero phase. It's an ability with no other timing indicators.

On the spell - I'd say just Vhordrai as it specifies caster, and unit text defines what is Vhordrai and what is his mount. Fluff text is only indicative but would also lend weight to that argument.

Buffs tend to work on entire models as a whole unless otherwise stated, such as with traits and artifacts effecting hero mounts (note that they can still work on non-hero mounts).

The warscroll is called Prince Vhordrai. 3 weapons are listed on the Princes profile. The warscroll says the Prince is a mage and may cast a spell. Quickblood says the caster gets +1 to hit and wound.

Given the above, I would say it hits the whole model as there is nothing that specifically states otherwise.

The answer is in the Allegiance rules.

MOUNTS Some heroes have a mount, such as a battle steed, a powerful monster that they can ride, or a massive war machine that they can stand upon. In all such cases, any command traits or magical artefacts can only be used to affect attacks made by the hero, and have no effect on attacks made by their mount unless specifically stated otherwise

Only artifacts and command traits are specifically excluded from influencing mounts.

Archived