Starting new with IronJawz

Smokeybongeyes

Coming back to Wargameing after a long time away and knew that IronJawz had to be my dudes! 

This is the list I’ve come up with for my 1st 1000 points, let me know what you think and where I should go from there! 

Mega boss x1 140

Shaman x 1 120

Warchanter x1 80

Ardboys x10 180

Goregrunts x3 140

Brutes x5 180

Iron first BT 160

Point cost 1000

1 hour ago, Smokeybongeyes said:

What do you guys think of Ardboys? Seems like they are real good as far as chaff units are concerned.

I love them, they give us an option which we don't have anywhere else in the faction and with the massive unit discount they aren't quite as painful on the points.

1 hour ago, Smokeybongeyes said:

Yeah with the added bonus of having a Harbinger for any of the new rules but I haven’t looked in to that too much just yet. 

If you want a mystic shield bot grab the Harbringer. He's hands down the best at it.

Yeah, you get to take part in any malign portents stuff and it looks a blast so I would suggest it, and with his 5+ save on top of his normal he is the most survivable bubble wizard we have.

Ardboyz are good for sitting on an objective or tying up similar infantry. Mine eventually beat a unit of liberators, but they slogged at each other all game. For 1k I am running:

Megaboss
Warchanter
Fungoid

10 x brutes

5 x brutes

3 x gore gruntas

I think I’d drop the shaman and one unit of pigs for a warchanter and some brutes, you’d end up with a much more consistent damage out put. 

Than have the Warchanter buffing the Ardboy unit and the mega boss buffing the Brutes and just hope to do enough damage in the 1st and 2nd turn that mystic shield won’t be an issue. 

I don’t have much experience on the table top but I might drop some gore gruntas for some Ardboys just for more models on the table, I’m just think because if you’re on a smaller table the speed from the pigs won’t be as important and you’ll have a better tar pit with Ardboys but again I don’t have much experience. 

Or maybe even something like 

megaboos 

warchanter x2

ardboys 10 x2 

brutes 5

gore gruntas 3 

it means no magic but you can have a warchanter for before units of Ardboys, the megaboss buffing your brutes and a unit of pigs going for any objective that are a bit far or and weak points in the army but I’m just throwing ideas out ?

• 3 weeks later...

Yeah I was playing with different shades for them and it was a choice between super bright or real dirty looking, the dirty look probably makes more sense but I love the bright yellow! 

Haha I’ve got to keep stags secret from my gf as well she’ll be pissed when she finds there bones! 

Archived