Legion on Night competitive 2000

Tizianolol

Hi all , that's my first competitive list with new book. I posted one list in this forum about legion of blood, but I was pretty common. This is something different with more synergies .

Legion of Night :

Manfred 420

- Soul harvest 

Necromamcer 110

- deathmages spell 1

- artifact 3

Vampire Lord 140

- vampires spell 3

Terrorgheist 300

Morghast Harbingers 220

2x10 Skeleton Warriors 160

40 Skeleton Warriors 280

Mortis Engine 180

10 grave guards 160

(I declare that this unit is on graveyard)

tot 1970

the plan is ambush deployment with Terrorgheist, necro and harbingers : 

-during my turn bravery debuff with necro , Terrorgh shoot and harbingers charge ( 9 with 3d6 is not impossible). If I can't charge with terrorgh and my harbingers still in combat is another -1 breavery from their standards so my terrorgh shoot is stronger( -2 breavery dubuffs)

- to defend I got 2 x10 skeletons with +1 safe because in my territory, with vamp lord ( his spell can heal Manfred if I need)

- mortis engine give Manfred sustain and I can pop my guards with great weapon into enemy territory for objective 

what at do you think?:) I appreciate all your comments:)

I am looking at a night list also. I havn't figured it out yet. It will probably take som time before we really knows what works and what doesn't. But I can give you some small feedback. I think you should swap the 10 skeleton units for dire wolfs to get some speed. I actually think you should make them units of 10 but I am not sure where to take the points. Maybe change the vampire to another nerco and have one unit of 10 dire wolfs and one unit of 5  dire wolfs.

Thx for suggestions, dire wolfs seems really strong and they are  point efficient. In my mind I wanna find a durable unit to protect my objectives . Skeletons got +1 save when in my territory , plus shields I got  5+ base, 4+ if enemy no rend. dire wolfs are 5+ but 2 wounds per model..they seems better but i lose vampire lord. I dont know what Is better!

I have been thinking on a lot of different list. Here are two that are simular to yours that I think maybe could work or at least looks a little bit stronger IMO.

With Mannfred

1    Mannfred 420
1    Vampire Lord 140
1    Necromancer 110
1    Necromancer, Morbheg's Claw 110
4    Morghast Harbingers    440
1    Terrorgheist    300
40    Skeleton Warriors    280
10    Dire Wolfs    120
5    Dire Wolfs    60

Or without Mannfred

1    Vampire Lord   140
1    Vampire Lord   140
1    Necromancer 110
1    Necromancer, Morbheg's Claw    110
1    Terrorgheist    300
15    Grave Guard    240
10    Dire Wolfs    120
10    Dire Wolfs    120

I love the first.. The question Is: how you defend tour objective in tour territory? The ambush play Is for sure better with 4  harbingers !! But Is any maps defending objective can be a prob! What do u think?

@Tidings that s for sure true! But i see them played on graveyard and "summoned" to support my units!:)

You could maybe splitt the Harbringers and maybe skip the terrorgheist to get another unit with bodies like this:

1    Mannfred, Amethystine Pinions    420
1    Vampire Lord, Vile Transference    140
1    Necromancer, Overwhelming Dread    110
1    Necromancer, Morbheg's Claw, Fading Vigour    110
2    Morghast Harbingers    220
15    Grave Guard    240
10    Skeleton Warriors    80
15    Dire Wolfs    180

Or maybe just run 2 Harbingers anyway to get more different threats:

1    Mannfred, Amethystine Pinions    420
1    Vampire Lord, Vile Transference    140
1    Necromancer, Overwhelming Dread    110
1    Necromancer, Morbheg's Claw, Fading Vigour    110
1    Terrorgheist    300
15    Grave Guard    240
10    Dire Wolfs    120
5    Dire Wolfs    60

I have to test some games but in theory I think these are the units that are good in a Mannfred list. The problem is to find the optimal mix. And also figure out how good a Mannfred list really is. I am not sure you can make a tournament winning list with him but it is hard to predict how good the list can be since it is so tricksy.

Yep I thought about that. With 20 points more you got a solid VLoZD. Prob he is better then Manfred!i have to test that!

for exemple the second list is 2000 pts. Put VLoZD , remove vamp lord and add 10 more dire wolfs.

i don't know if I wanna play a unit of 15 and one of 10, or 2x10 and 1x5 .

maybe that's the better choice:)

- or vhordrai instead VLoZD +5 wolfs!:)

14 minutes ago, Tizianolol said:

Yep I thought about that. With 20 points more you got a solid VLoZD. Prob he is better then Manfred!i have to test that!

Yes but in that case you should really take 4 harbringers for the same price instead (in a Night list). They hit harder are more durable and they can more reliable deep strike. And then you end up with my second list again. :-P

1    Vampire Lord   140
1    Vampire Lord   140
1    Necromancer 110
1    Necromancer, Morbheg's Claw    110
1    Terrorgheist    300
15    Grave Guard    240
10    Dire Wolfs    120
10    Dire Wolfs    120

Archived