New and needing Help!!!

BigC253

Hey everyone! I am fresh into the hobby (bought my first start collecting box about a month ago) and I’m feeling increasingly overwhelmed by the amount of information coming at me. I’ve been having an excellent time painting and hanging out with the guys at my local GW store, and I guess I just need some more info as to what my next move and where my next chunk of money should go.  I’ve started with basically all slaves to darkness models and I haven’t decided on a specific god to follow. (Leaning towards nurgle)

I am fully stocked on paint and tools required to paint. I currently own a slaves to darkness start collecting box, a chaos daemon prince, a chaos lord  (or sorcerer I haven’t decided yet please help lol) on manticore, and a SLAMBO exalted hero of chaos mini.  I also have a copy of the Skirmish rules book  

Where should I go from here? I’m interested in playing some games and getting into the action instead of just sitting in my house painting, but I’m having a hard time keeping up with the play schedule with all of the events going on at the store, especially with the new malign portents stuff coming out. I have found myself wandering into the various game shops around me looking to spend some cash and advance the hobby but I don’t know where to go.  What books should I buy? Is the grand alliance chaos book a must have? Should I wait for the new generals handbook to drop before I buy one? Is there anything I’m overlooking that I should be paying attention too? What’s a good resource to get some more back story on all these characters I seem to be falling in love with? How should I go about building my army so that it works as well as looks cool? Help help help!!

thanks in advance to anyone who can help out, hopefully I’m not asking for too much.  I really want to make AoS a serious part of my life and time. 

Good day,

I would recommend

-Generals Hand book 2017 for pitched battles (Tournament mode)- optional

-Skirmish for small battles(optional)

-Path of glory(It's ok for start)

But you can also use war-scrolls from GW website, battle tome not needed in my opinion.

I've started my Aos with rules from starter and warscrolls.

Already switched 4 armies Sigmarite/Orks/Spiderfang/Ogors  

You should try to play some battles first, because the army you like in a cosmetic way may not be your favorite army, you should choose wisely from now.

Archived