Marking slaves darkness

Browncoat89

Question

I've been playing a different army for a while now but I'm thinking of starting a Chaos army. I have heard a lot of people say that all slaves to darkness can take the mark of a god. Was there some blanket rule that updated that stating that any warscroll with the "slaves to darkness" keyword could take a mark now? If so could you guys tell me where to find it? I was just curious because I have seen a few slaves to darkness warscrolls that do not have a specific ability like mark of the gods listed on ther warscroll. Such as Sayl the faithless. I've heard a lot of people talk about him but I don't see anything on his warscroll that specifically says he can take the mark of a Chaos god. I also noticed the new harbinger for the malign portents setting the Darkoath Warqueen also has the slaves to darkness keyword but does not have an ability listed on her warscroll stating that she can take the mark of a god. So can they still do this? Thanks for the help guys.

3 answers to this question

Any STD unit that can take a mark (such as warriors) will say so on their warscroll. In order to qualify for a god allegiance they must all have this mark. E.g. sayl the faithless wouldn't be able to be taken in a slaanesh std army however if you made your army just out of the hosts of slaanesh list then any std units can be taken as allies regardless of mark.

To my knowledge you can't mix STD and one of the God lists and be able to take allies as it's built as a 'grand alliance' list but abilities can come from grand alliance chaos or the mark you all share. It's a bit confusing alas and a shame because I'd love to have tzeentch + slaves to darkness + thunderscorn running rampant together.

Many StD units have the Mark ability, but they will say so specifically on their warscroll. If they do not mention it (such as Sayl) they do not have the ability.

On 2/13/2018 at 2:57 AM, Lightbox said:

Any STD unit that can take a mark (such as warriors) will say so on their warscroll. In order to qualify for a god allegiance they must all have this mark. E.g. sayl the faithless wouldn't be able to be taken in a slaanesh std army however if you made your army just out of the hosts of slaanesh list then any std units can be taken as allies regardless of mark.

To my knowledge you can't mix STD and one of the God lists and be able to take allies as it's built as a 'grand alliance' list but abilities can come from grand alliance chaos or the mark you all share. It's a bit confusing alas and a shame because I'd love to have tzeentch + slaves to darkness + thunderscorn running rampant together.

StD units that have the correct mark of an allegiance, count as part of that allegiance not allies. If your StD units have Mark of Tzeentch, they gain the Tzeentch keyword and can be run as part of Tzeentch allegiance. Tzeentch allegiance is synonymous with DoT, so you would use the DoT allies list. Khorne is synonymous with Blades of Khorne, Slaanesh with Hosts, and Nurgle with Maggotkin.

Source:
https://www.warhammer-community.com/2017/10/15/chaos-warscroll-updatesgw-homepage-post-4/

1 hour ago, AverageBoss said:

Many StD units have the Mark ability, but they will say so specifically on their warscroll. If they do not mention it (such as Sayl) they do not have the ability.

StD units that have the correct mark of an allegiance, count as part of that allegiance not allies. If your StD units have Mark of Tzeentch, they gain the Tzeentch keyword and can be run as part of Tzeentch allegiance. Tzeentch allegiance is synonymous with DoT, so you would use the DoT allies list. Khorne is synonymous with Blades of Khorne, Slaanesh with Hosts, and Nurgle with Maggotkin.

Source:
https://www.warhammer-community.com/2017/10/15/chaos-warscroll-updatesgw-homepage-post-4/

Ahh cheers for the clarification! I'd gotten the wrong end of the stick it would seem. You're a star!

Archived