Smaller, winged witch elf may not be Morathi

Scythian

14 hours ago, Scythian said:

I think the smaller, winged witch elf may just be a generic witch elf lord character. It seems that the larger model that was teased is the actual Morathi model. Your thoughts, folks.

They're both Morathi.

As for the discussion about the spear, it's pretty clear that the one in the Snake picture is quite a bit bigger than the on humanoid Morathi is holding, even though they're the same exact design AND the Morathi snake monster is coiling up a large scenic base while also being large centerpiece snake monster size. The only possible way that the humanoid Morathi could be the one holding that spear at that angle in the bigger picture is if GW deliberately set it up with like a pile of phonebooks to be tall enough. 

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply
14 minutes ago, Yokai said:

The level of snideness in this discussion is astounding. Won't you explain instead how a couple of teasers became a fact that everyone should agree upon?

I now really hope that they're two different characters so that certain arrogant know-it-alls get a delicious lesson in the difference between evidence and inference.

10 minutes ago, Yokai said:

The level of snideness in this discussion is astounding. Won't you explain instead how a couple of teasers became a fact that everyone should agree upon?

1. There is an old rumor about Morathi being two models - one in mortal aelf form, one in snake form 

2. Lore snippets suggest that Morathi form was changed into similar to her tormentor (Slaanesh)

3. The part of the model we have seen has obviously the same pose holding a spear  as "smaller witch aelf" model he have seen. 

4. Morathi had a spear "Heartpiercer" (if I remeber correctly) as her named weapon - smaller model is holding a spear. 

Just add all those points and it's pretty obvious. 

Honest Wargamer Podcast ep: New Death Warscrolls and Daughters of Khaine

Rob (formerly of Warhammer TV) in discussion about the teaser vid with the minis in response to 'is it Morathi' 

It's her, they're both her - I've seen the mini, she turns into a snake.  (paraphased slightly but the gist is that both forms are her) 

42 minutes ago, Bananaman said:

Honest Wargamer Podcast ep: New Death Warscrolls and Daughters of Khaine

Rob (formerly of Warhammer TV) in discussion about the teaser vid with the minis in response to 'is it Morathi' 

It's her, they're both her - I've seen the mini, she turns into a snake.  (paraphased slightly but the gist is that both forms are her) 

Surprised that he'd come out and say it explicitly just like that - presumably he's still subject to an NDA and risks incurring the wrath of the lawyers. Still, this is exactly the kind of credible first-hand evidence that I've been asking about, which everyone else in this thread seems reluctant to offer - so thank you!

2 hours ago, Kramer said:

Bit harsh for @Jamie the Jasper who has said that he also assumes it to be true but points out that there has been no confirmation from GW. 

Come on, guys, don't take insult were non was meant. It was just posted as a joke, don't get salty about it.  And @Jamie the Jasper @yokai  of cause there are no hard facts till the Sunday before pre-orders, but from all we have heard and seen, Morathi will return in two forms of models.  If one simply compares the pros and cons it is the most likely scenario right now. And if false, be it so, who really cares as long as we still get to nice looking models!

1 minute ago, Bloodmaster said:

****** it guys, don't take insult were non was meant. It was just posted as a joke, don't get salty about it.  And @Jamie the Jasper @yokai  of cause there are no hard facts till the Sunday before pre-orders, but from all we have heard and seen, Morathi will return in two forms of models.  If one simply compares the pros and cons it is the most likely scenario right now. And if false, be it so, who really cares as long as we still get to nice looking models!

To be honest, I don't care. It just seemed really odd to me that people were talking about this as if it was accepted truth (and being a bit obnoxious about it in some cases) when I follow this stuff pretty closely and while the idea seemed very plausible, likely even, I still hadn't seen any evidence that would give me the confidence to state it as fact. So then when people got on their high horses, apparently with no more information than I have, it did bug me a bit. I think people should be a bit more circumspect when answering queries that they can't possibly have definitive answers to.

Morathi, not Morathi, Pamela Anderson for all I care. I just want my Daughters of Khaine soon! As for some of the responses, I asked for them. Positive, negative, or abusive, lol. Guess what, no one will care on DoK release day. Believe me, I won’t! 

i more of less just assumed from just piecing everything together. rumour exploration and passing word aside, its was just my very own thoughts from what theyve shown us that made me think it was morathi. ive been wrong before as i thought that the voice speaking to elias was neferata but there were only a few context clues to go off of that.

i think it was just a lot easier to assume it is morathi now since there are so many pieces of info that fit. i see room to doubt but i feel like at this point its kind of like doubting that people eat breakfast in the mortal realms. sure theres no indication they do or dont, but i can confidently assume they do.

either way, its always good to have these kinds of discussions! always tells us that there is so much to talk about in the mortal realms!

11 minutes ago, Chikout said:

Evidence! 4A4E181A-830E-4A2F-93C6-5FF9A7D9A0D7.png.647f2ff5381d38e7f206b6b5bcd505ab.png

Actually slightly disappointed by how similar she looks to her other form.

Nonono, that clearly is something else - a tyranid-SoB hybrid, GW what have you done ....

Ok, al jokes aside, its realy nice to see what they've in play and the humour the show again

On 13.2.2018 at 11:35 AM, Twitch of Izalith said:

This feels like common knowledge by now. I'm surprised some people still have doubts.

There's a very large difference between "common knowledge" and "the accepted rumour". I, for one, have doubts, because from a games theory and design perspective, it's a terrible idea to have the two models represent the same character on tabletop. In a game where character sniping is one of the largest weaknesses of competitive play, the idea that you might never even put your €100 model on the table because she never ascends (because she's DEAD) is terrible, terrible design, and a surefire way to sell less models.

Yes, there are absolutely visible similarities. Yes, I'll be the first to eat crow if they turn out to be the same (and booooooy, do they need a good, clever ruleset to back up an idiotic design idea like that to make it work). Doing something new for the sake of something new isn't innovative and progressive, and as a longstanding Har Ganeth-player, I genuinely fear the possibility of the release I've anticipated the most since AoS was released to be sullied by oxenfeces gimmicks. If there are in fact two Morathis and no generic character option, I fear the army is going to be suffering from the get-go. I really hope I'm wrong. This whole thing just reeks of terrible decision making at the studio.

Archived