Smaller, winged witch elf may not be Morathi

Scythian

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 hours ago, hellalugosi said:

well the morathi in the animatic trailer is almost exactly the same as the model so i have no doubt its her. the rumour that she will have rules to turn into god form essentially and swap models.

You don't know that the character shown in the trailer was Morathi. It could very easily be deliberate misdirection by GW. Yes, the shot lingers on that winged character when Morathi is doing her voice-over, but we never see that character's face let alone see her mouth move in sync with the voice-over. And there's clearly a giant snake creature standing behind the 'throne' in the same shot. Could it be that this is the character that's speaking and the video is deliberately trying to throw the viewer off the scent? I wouldn't put it past GW to be messing with people on this one.

;) In other news... water might also not be wet...

Jokes aside, it's Morathi and the two form rumour makes a lot of sence and matches the visuals we've recieved.

Same really with the video that preceded Daughters of Khaine's visual spoiler. We saw new Harpies, new Snake warriors, new Heroes. A week later the visual spoiler arrived with that exact same models. GW isn't making a secret of it and it's actually really cool to see this character be so different for AoS.

Now what I'd love to see is Fyreslayer Gotrek next ;) ! (Still have to check out the audio book, so I could be 100% wrong in him being that :P )

51 minutes ago, Killax said:

;) In other news... water might also not be wet...

Jokes aside, it's Morathi and the two form rumour makes a lot of sence and matches the visuals we've recieved.

Same really with the video that preceded Daughters of Khaine's visual spoiler. We saw new Harpies, new Snake warriors, new Heroes. A week later the visual spoiler arrived with that exact same models. GW isn't making a secret of it and it's actually really cool to see this character be so different for AoS.

Now what I'd love to see is Fyreslayer Gotrek next ;) ! (Still have to check out the audio book, so I could be 100% wrong in him being that :P )

I don't know. While the whole 'two forms' thing seems like a perfectly reasonable interpretation, I have yet to see any firm evidence that this is the case. It may very well be true, but this seems like something that has become common knowledge based more on community repetition rather than from anything that's been made explicit by a source close to the project. I expect the 'two forms' thing is probably true, but I'd be interested to know if the people who are 100% convinced are basing their confidence on anything more substantial than community hearsay.

12 minutes ago, Chikout said:

They are definitely the same. Compare the staircases they are standing on and the spear.Screenshot_2018-02-13-21-27-35.png.df30d8b7061095866e704cf0810d47b3.pngScreenshot_2018-02-13-21-25-57.png.3b5a972b0bc8a6175a28c6d9dd3901a6.png

From those photographs at least, that shot could easily show the 'snake' model in the foreground with the spear-armed, winged model in the background. There's nothing there that confirms that the snake model is wielding the spear. It's even positioned at the exact same angle as the spear held by the winged model. Also, the ruins that the two models are standing on are nowhere near identical - the same architectural style sure, but completely different structures.

Again, I'm not saying you're wrong, it's just that I'm still seeing a lot more assumption, conjecture and wishful thinking here than I'm seeing actual evidence.

11 minutes ago, Jamie the Jasper said:

From those photographs at least, that shot could easily show the 'snake' model in the foreground with the spear-armed, winged model in the background. There's nothing there that confirms that the snake model is wielding the spear. It's even positioned at the exact same angle as the spear held by the winged model. Also, the ruins that the two models are standing on are nowhere near identical - the same architectural style sure, but completely different structures.

Again, I'm not saying you're wrong, it's just that I'm still seeing a lot more assumption, conjecture and wishful thinking here than I'm seeing actual evidence.

Would love it if they pulled a fast one but from a filmmakers perspective: if you want to leave something to the imagination go for close  shots of someone’s back. People will fill in the blanks themselves. 

Dont really believe it though mostly because the posing of the small and bigger model would make no sense to me. Just an increased scale minor hero to create a god like model? Seems sloppy and lazy. 

In other rumours btw the witches have been ‘sold out online’.... new witches anyone? 

5 minutes ago, Kramer said:

In other rumours btw the witches have been ‘sold out online’.... new witches anyone?

Reboxing for bases I believe. 

This also is the case 9/10 times :P Its funny to see that one always getting people to speculate. Same happened with some of the Nurgle models hehe.

I think some people are forgetting this teaser. 

that is clearly Morathi  (same voice actress) looking exactly like the small model complete with spear.

In the previous video Morathi talks about her form being twisted Slaanesh but here she is not twisted at all. Then in the mini video we see what we see. 

GW have not said explicitly said they are doing two versions of Morathi,  but I would be willing to bet a considerable amount of money that this is what we will get. 

The next question is whether or not they will come in the same box.

11 minutes ago, Killax said:

Reboxing for bases I believe. 

This also is the case 9/10 times :P Its funny to see that one always getting people to speculate. Same happened with some of the Nurgle models hehe.

I know but honestly I think they are truly sold out. I seem to remember they already came with round bases. 

3 minutes ago, Kramer said:

I know but honestly I think they are truly sold out. I seem to remember they already came with round bases. 

Fully possible also! In the EU the Legion of Nagash units are sold out pretty much everywhere also.

A lot of players are getting really excited and because GW is promoting it all in advance I believe a lot have started their DoK army allready, same with LoN. No worries though I think next weekend stock for the online store will be up to date again. They kinda have to ;) 

Edit: But now I feel this is a great "I dont believe you topic".

What if Archaon didn't blow up the Old World after all? What if his domain is actually the old world?

Has anyone actually seen Archaon do it?

Look into the reflection of Archaon's helmet, the Old World is still there?! :o 

3 minutes ago, Killax said:

Fully possible also! In the EU the Legion of Nagash units are sold out pretty much everywhere also.

A lot of players are getting really excited and because GW is promoting it all in advance I believe a lot have started their DoK army allready, same with LoN. No worries though I think next weekend stock for the online store will be up to date again. They kinda have to ;) 

Edit: But now I feel this is a great "I dont believe you topic".

What if Archaon didn't blow up the Old World after all? What if his domain is actually the old world?

Has anyone actually seen Archaon do it?

Look into the reflection of Archaon's helmet, the Old World is still there?! :o 

Hahaha I must admit I just know realised  this wasn’t the rumour thread. Sorry for the derailment! 

A lot of people seem to wish very intensely that the two models teased are the same character, that is for sure. Rumors and teasers become facts awfully fast in the heads of wishful players.

I'm not so sure myself, GW loves to tease us with smoke and mirrors. We will see soon.

11 minutes ago, Kramer said:

I think they sometimes 'sell out' of things just so that they can then re-upload the product and have it listed under the 'new and exclusive' section along with all of the genuinely new stuff for the army.

I doubt very seriously that witch elves are getting new models. Those particular models are rather new in terms of product longevity and it seems more likely that they are getting a new boxing.  They may even be renamed generically as daughters of Khaine.  However, it’s not like people wouldn’t want to see new blood crazed she devils. 

14 minutes ago, Bloodmaster said:

Hm, maybe we should agree, that the Snake and the winged Elfe are two different charaters for Jamie the Jasper, and Morathi in two forms for everyone else including GW.

I've said in every post that the idea of them being the same character is probably right. I've even repeated this idea as if it were fact on other platforms myself. My question to you is - where have GW or any even remotely official source said that this is so? Is it not at least somewhat possible that everybody is getting carried away by speculation, albeit entirely plausible speculation?

25 minutes ago, Jamie the Jasper said:

I've said in every post that the idea of them being the same character is probably right. I've even repeated this idea as if it were fact on other platforms myself. My question to you is - where have GW or any even remotely official source said that this is so? Is it not at least somewhat possible that everybody is getting carried away by speculation, albeit entirely plausible speculation?

Man, that joke went over your head ;-). But as to your question - as usual, GW confirmed ******, they wouldn't even confirm anything after release if that would be possible. But from all the evidence we have, both models NOT being Morathi is highly unlikely. 

Even your arguments

2 hours ago, Jamie the Jasper said:

There's nothing there that confirms that the snake model is wielding the spear. It's even positioned at the exact same angle as the spear held by the winged model. Also, the ruins that the two models are standing on are nowhere near identical - the same architectural style sure, but completely different structures

are debunked by the reveal trailer, as the spear is moving correspondingly to the rotation of the winged snake morathi, which wouldn't be the case if there was held by a model behind it.  And of cause the archtectural pieces aren't the same, as the Snake is probably significantly bigger than the humanoid version, thus requiring a much larger base, which in turn would dwarf the normal version. And thats something that is only done by FW.

Damn, just rewatched the Teser, the base is nearly the same piece, both being ruined stairways, with broken of handrails. Compare the seconds 46 to 47 of the video to this (sorry can't screengrab the videopart right now)

image.png.f7bc97d346dcee0c7166378f0a7e1a79.png

Archived