Mixed Order Lists! Join in on the discussion

Kimbo

Hi guys,

First post here .... Yeah ! I'am a SCE and Sylvaneth player and i acquired some orders units lately.

Just wanted to share this list i made, using no proxies ..... leading to this:

Leaders
Luminark Of Hysh With White Battlemage (240)
Celestant-Prime (340)
Lord-Ordinator (100)
- General
- Command Trait : Master of Defense
- Artefact : Talisman of Blinding Light
Drycha Hamadreth (280)
Loremaster (100)
Archmage (120)
- Steed

Units
5 x Liberators (100)
-Warhammer & Shield
5 x Liberators (100)
-Warhammer & Shield
1 x Gryph-Hound (40)
20 x Dryads (200)

War Machines
Helstorm Rocket Battery (180)
Helstorm Rocket Battery (180)

Total: 1980 / 2000
Allies: 0 / 400
Leaders: 6/6 Battlelines: 3 (3+) Behemoths: 2/4 Artillery: 2/4
Wounds: 95

The purpose is to have the war machines shooting any heroes (and why not the behemoth heavy hitters).

Drycha is here to grind some hordes with the help of liberators /Dryads.

Loremaster is support to the rockets. I like the idea of two units allowing saves after the saves.

Prime is here to kill ...... well whatever the game will allow me to kill.

I think i'am missing some mobility around here (thinking of palladors instead of archmage + gryph hound). Also, i'am missing back support as i'am playing vs filthy tzeentch changehost and LoN ..... and finally my two big hitters are only 8 wounds each ..... meh, maybe proxy a phoenix .... ?

All in all, it is still an objective game so why not ! So any advise is more than welcome !

Hope you all have Sigmar into your hearts !

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 3/6/2018 at 6:23 AM, Qaz said:

Allegiance: Hammerhal

Leaders
Aether-Khemist (140)
Lord-Ordinator (100)
- General
- Trait: Tenacious
- Artefact: Phoenix Stone
Auric Runesmiter (80)
- Forge Key
Auric Runesmiter (80)
- Forge Key

Battleline
20 x Arkanaut Company (240)
- 6x Light Skyhooks
30 x Vulkite Berzerkers (330)
- War-Picks & Slingshields
30 x Vulkite Berzerkers (330)
- Pairs of Handaxes

Units
6 x Endrinriggers (240)
- 2x Grapnel Launchers

War Machines
Arkanaut Ironclad (440) 
- Aethermatic Volley Cannon

Total: 1980 / 2000
Allies: 0 / 400
Wounds: 130

Ok i got a chance to try some of this. I only had time for 1000 point games today so i ran the ironclad combo and I gotta say it was pretty eye opening. That was disgusting. My ironclad will be getting painted up here very soon.

now i did run into a few issues that im sure positioning would have a hand in fixing. Mostly the ironclad without the ordinator was good but very weak. Granted it is litterally half the power. But the ordinator was pretty volnerable to long range attacks. Now i only played against a skaven. We were mostly messing around but he ran 3 units of storm fiends and was able to get into range after 2 turns after deep strike and assassinated him.  Im wondering if you run into those problems from changelings and skyfires or just long rangs mortal wound spam.

Now i realize most can be fixed by just having more bodies than i had being 1k points but i can see some issues like that happening in a bigger game.

i take back what i said on skywardens every time ive run them ive had a khemist near by. now my rolls were awful today but i could really see where a hit squad of six endrins would be way better even though i still like my wardens. But for no khemist the endrins are a better pick. 

beyond that i think the list is pretty solid i dont know how id change it without fully changing the identity. because i was thinking swapping some vulkites for warrios and putting in a griffon but i think that would seriously hurt your board presence. Ill have to keep messing with it. I still struggle with the list because one thing is a big lifter for the army. and if its lost its really felt. and my playstyle typically revolves around cheaper units that combined are a huge threat but on their own not too crazy. 

anyway thats my ramble. Tl;dr rolling fist fulls of dice and watching stuff go away was fun.

Anyone still using Reaper Bolt Throwers? I've had an idea of a really cheap way to fill out my Order Serpentis army... Toyed with the idea of double dragon and hydra, however, I could just make a plain Order list at 2k and it'd cost me a box of Corsairs... 

Something like:

Dreadlord on Black Dragon, General

Sorceress on Drakespawn (gets casting bonuses if I ride her near my Knights killing stuff) 

Sorceress + Balewind Vortex 

3x10 Darkshards 

2x Reaper Bolt Throwers

Hydra 

3x5 Drakespawn Knights

Drakespawn Chariot

2k on the nose. 

-----

Basically, I would use 20 spare Corsairs as Darkshards and buy another 10 because they're pretty cheap models. I guess I'd have to ask permission, but the Cloaks would proxy the Shields, but the daggers and crossbows are covered (if a little smaller). That's literally all I'd need to buy and I'd finally get to use my old models. 

Going forward, it means I could buy some Khinerai or Blood Sisters etc and swap out things like the Chariot or a unit of knights as I build up other potential armies. 

Not fussed on this as a world beating list, but thought I'd have some decent shooting, movement, tanky hydra (and I hear the Knights can be) and just the fun of an assassin.

Question relating, can I still use the sacrifice if this isn't a DC list, provided I sacrifice the Darkshards? And can you do so from the top of Vortex? 

Cheers all. 

On 4/29/2018 at 3:09 PM, syph0n said:

Anyone still using Reaper Bolt Throwers? I've had an idea of a really cheap way to fill out my Order Serpentis army... Toyed with the idea of double dragon and hydra, however, I could just make a plain Order list at 2k and it'd cost me a box of Corsairs... 

Something like:

Dreadlord on Black Dragon, General

Sorceress on Drakespawn (gets casting bonuses if I ride her near my Knights killing stuff) 

Sorceress + Balewind Vortex 

3x10 Darkshards 

2x Reaper Bolt Throwers

Hydra 

3x5 Drakespawn Knights

Drakespawn Chariot

2k on the nose. 

-----

Basically, I would use 20 spare Corsairs as Darkshards and buy another 10 because they're pretty cheap models. I guess I'd have to ask permission, but the Cloaks would proxy the Shields, but the daggers and crossbows are covered (if a little smaller). That's literally all I'd need to buy and I'd finally get to use my old models. 

Going forward, it means I could buy some Khinerai or Blood Sisters etc and swap out things like the Chariot or a unit of knights as I build up other potential armies. 

Not fussed on this as a world beating list, but thought I'd have some decent shooting, movement, tanky hydra (and I hear the Knights can be) and just the fun of an assassin.

Question relating, can I still use the sacrifice if this isn't a DC list, provided I sacrifice the Darkshards? And can you do so from the top of Vortex? 

Cheers all. 

Yea they are incredible. They pump out the damage. 

3 hours ago, Deathawaits101 said:

Yea they are incredible. They pump out the damage. 

Thanks for the reply, and good to know! It's got me excited that I can use my old models now, and I remembered I had 20 spears already painted up, so only need 10 converted Corsairs and I own 20 already. So a 'free' 2k army, which I could even stretch to 2.5k with dark riders and black guard I have spare too! 

I've watched some vids where two bolt throwers have made a mess. I can use my 3 units of spears or shards to screen and be generally difficult for a turn and let the dreadknights and co cause havoc elsewhere. In theory! 

One thing I would recommend is a Lord-Ordinator. With him as your general you can use his command trait to have 1 reaper double its amount of shot and as long as he is close he gives them a +1 to hit.  They are amazing for sniping characters and carving swathes through light infantry. (I have run a battery of 4 of them with Lord-Ordi. 60 shots a turn hitting on 3s wounding on 3s with Rend -1 does work.)

Also for those of you out there who have used them, what do you think of executioners? Seems like they can pack a real punch. 

Current list I want to test out
1500 points currently was thinking about adding good fast defensive unit or two like fulminators to bring it up to 2000 for objective grabbing . 

HQ:  480
Lord-Ordinator 100
Celestial Hurricanum 380

Battleline: 180
10 Skinks Boltspiters Shields: 60

Warmachine: 480
Reaper Bolt Thrower: 120

Other: 360 
Executioners: 180

31 minutes ago, Enochi said:

One thing I would recommend is a Lord-Ordinator. With him as your general you can use his command trait to have 1 reaper double its amount of shot and as long as he is close he gives them a +1 to hit.  They are amazing for sniping characters and carving swathes through light infantry. (I have run a battery of 4 of them with Lord-Ordi. 60 shots a turn hitting on 3s wounding on 3s with Rend -1 does work.)

Also for those of you out there who have used them, what do you think of executioners? Seems like they can pack a real punch. 

Current list I want to test out
1500 points currently was thinking about adding good fast defensive unit or two like fulminators to bring it up to 2000 for objective grabbing . 

HQ:  480
Lord-Ordinator 100
Celestial Hurricanum 380

Battleline: 180

Warmachine: 480

Other: 360 

Slight problem now: the reaper is now not available for pitched battles. Officially anyway. It's been put to pasture in Legends.

I'm thinking of just using the HE Repeater rules but the Dark Elf model instead. No idea if it's as good as the Dark Elf Reaper, rules wise, but it has the same points value. 

Incorrect. It is still usable for example the War Hydra from Order Serpentis is in the Legends list as well and it is still legal along with quite a few others. The legends list just gives rules mainly for Heroes  that came before. 

To quote the legends pdf.

"We have also included warscrolls for Dark Elf units that fought in the world-that-was and whose descendents still fight in the Mortal Realms, the models for which are available as part of the Warhammer Age of Sigmar range. For example, a warscroll is included for Dark Elf Bleakswords, so that you can use the models as part of a Dark Elf army from the world-that-was. In addition, Bleaksword models can also be used with the Bleakswords warscroll in Grand Alliance: Order, as part of a Darkling Coven army from the Mortal Realms"

I queried this myself on the thread for Legends here on TGA. Stuff with Exiles keywords are gone from the official app too. 

I mean, I'd happily play again compendium Dark Aelves, but everyone I've asked has said they're all now Legends and therefore without points values. Legends doesn't affect Darkling Covens etc, they have two rule sets now. 

I'd love to be wrong! 

49 minutes ago, syph0n said:

I queried this myself on the thread for Legends here on TGA. Stuff with Exiles keywords are gone from the official app too. 

I mean, I'd happily play again compendium Dark Aelves, but everyone I've asked has said they're all now Legends and therefore without points values. Legends doesn't affect Darkling Covens etc, they have two rule sets now. 

I'd love to be wrong! 

I just double checked and made sure my version was the most up to date. Reaper bolt thrower is still showing up on both the warhammer community warscroll builder and the Azyr app(That is the official GW app) 

9 minutes ago, Enochi said:

I just double checked and made sure my version was the most up to date. Reaper bolt thrower is still showing up on both the warhammer community warscroll builder and the Azyr app(That is the official GW app) 

Reaper definitely gone from Azyr here. Not on my battle, not on the list builder, can't locate when searching for it. No Sorceress on Drakespawn etc. Like I said, I hoped that the compendium Aelves would remain in pitched battles, until the other armies had Legends, but apparently not to be.

If you have the warscroll still (I do) and attached points values, I wouldn't have an issue playing someone as it stands at the minute, but everyone else I've asked said they're no more for pitched battles. See the Legends thread where I've asked. 

• 3 weeks later...

Allegiance: Order

Drakesworn Templar (500) 
Dreadlord On Black Dragon (320) 
Waywatcher (100)

5 x Liberators (100) -Warhammers
5 x Sisters of the Thorn (220)
5 x Drakespawn Knights (160)
10 x Glade Guard (120)
10 x Sisters of the Watch (220)
10 x Skinks (60) 

War Hydra (200)

TOTAL: 2000/2000     WOUNDS: 107

Would I be better off taking the Drakesworn Templar or a Dragonlord and using the extra points for some reavers/more drakespawn knights?

• 2 weeks later...

I have a Sylvaneth army (well, nearly - it's almost complete) and I'm looking at expanding into mixed order too. I'm more a narrative/theme player, looking to build on the Sylvaneth forest theme. I've come up with a Living City shooty list based on models I think fit this woodland theme:

LEADERS
Treelord Ancient (300)
Drycha Hamadreth (280)
Nomad Prince (80)
Knight-Azyros (80)

UNITS
20 x Dryads (200)
5 x Tree-Revenants (80)
20 x Freeguild Archers (200)
20 x Glade Guard (240)
3 x Vanguard-Raptors with Longstrike Crossbows (180)
3 x Aetherwings (60)
1 x Gryph-Hound (40)
3 x Vanguard-Palladors (220)

SCENERY
Sylvaneth Wyldwood (40)

Total: 2000

I'd be interested in people's thoughts on this, although with the new edition/ghb on the way I'm sure some of the points will change.

Archived