Legion of the night using new book advice on what relics and to take (list updated including corpse cart :p)

Bethorina

Hi all with new book outI am tempted by the list below as it gets me down to 6 drops as I can summon in all hosts and hex wraiths from the gravesite rather then deploying them etc and gives me access to the new spells giving manfred a chance to get into combat turn one and I have a decent target for mystic shield rather then putting it on another Necromancer etc :) I need advice on what relic to take as mannfred is the leader :3

- Legion of the night 

Allegiance: Legion of Night
Necromancer 
Necromancer 
Mannfred Mortarch Of Night 
10 x Hexwraiths 
9 x Spirit Hosts 
9 x Spirit Hosts 
10x Dire Wolves 
5x Dire Wolves 
5 x Dire Wolves

1x corpse cart with unholy loade

I can understand the desire to go with nighthaunt. But you lose too many benefits by going it!

No grave sites means way less regen. Also you have less access to the spells that allow your spirit hosts and hexwraiths to survive and dish out the pain.

the second army looks interesting what units would you start with in reserve?? 

1 minute ago, Ashtyn said:

I can understand the desire to go with nighthaunt. But you lose too many benefits by going it!

No grave sites means way less regen. Also you have less access to the spells that allow your spirit hosts and hexwraiths to survive and dish out the pain.

the second army looks interesting what units would you start with in reserve?? 

So I would probs start all the ghosts in reserve for summoning out of gravesites  and depending on the match up may put the 1 Necromancer and manfred in reseeves with one unit of dogs or all the unit of doggos for the actual battle trait 

You cannot take Necromancers in pure nighthaunt lists, deathmages are not listed as allies to Nighthaunt in GH2017, only Soulblight is, if you are looking for casters and "Invocators" your best bet are Vampire lords, but those are 140 pts.

I like the second list, I've found that maybe the way to go with a Nighthaunt "themed" army is actually not Nighthaunt allegiance, since it limits the list building a lot.

Just now, m0rdakay said:

You cannot take Necromancers in pure nighthaunt lists, deathmages are not listed as allies to Nighthaunt in GH2017, only Soulblight is, if you are looking for casters and "Invocators" your best bet are Vampire lords, but those are 140 pts.

I like the second list, I've found that maybe the way to go with a Nighthaunt "themed" army is actually not Nighthaunt allegiance, since it limits the list building a lot.

Ah thanks for the head up I don't have my book to hand etc so I couldn't remember if they could ally with them or not etc assumed they could haha I am defo aiming towards the second list :)

Interesting idea. I think you could lose some spirit hosts and get more charchters or add more bulk to your dogs, which would increase your survivability. 

6 hosts already do a large amount of damage, especially with van hels. Your opponent will also probably worry about the 10 man unit of hexes which means you can get the hosts where you need them. 

That leaves dogs to hold your objectives, and currently you only have 15 which may be all by themselves out of the range of your deathly invocations. If you buff their numbers they will stay in the fight for longer.

1 minute ago, Ashtyn said:

Interesting idea. I think you could lose some spirit hosts and get more charchters or add more bulk to your dogs, which would increase your survivability. 

6 hosts already do a large amount of damage, especially with van hels. Your opponent will also probably worry about the 10 man unit of hexes which means you can get the hosts where you need them. 

That leaves dogs to hold your objectives, and currently you only have 15 which may be all by themselves out of the range of your deathly invocations. If you buff their numbers they will stay in the fight for longer.

Spode what I could do is drop 3 hosts grt 2 of the units to 10 :) thoughts?? 

Archived