Hello all. First time GW customer(victim?) here

Badlander86

Hi all, I've been a tabletop gamer for little under 5 years, transitioning over from Magic The Gathering and Warmachine. The more spikier aspects of of the WMH community put me off the game a little and I'm more or less done with the system for know as nothing new or interesting has been coming out for my faction (I am a 1 faction type of collector). 

Some people find it odd that my entry point into the tabletop gaming scene was through Warmachine instead of one of the many different Games Workshop games out there but honestly, nothing Games Workshop ever made prior to Age of Sigmar interested me due to how wide their lines were and the barrier of entry was pretty high at the time for WH40K and WHFB. 

Now that I am older, with a bit more painting experience under my belt thanks to Warmachine and more disposable, when Age of Sigmar came about, it presented me with an opportunity to go into a new system and it seems the timing was just right as I seem to be riding on a wave of significant management changes in GW itself. When the Kharadron Overlords were introduced, I think I fell in love with the Steampunk aesthetic (no surprises seeing as I was coming off Warmachine) and the fact that they are dwarves on flying ships.

So one night after getting beat again at WMH, I figured that I needed to reassess what I really wanted out of this tabletop hobby.  Maybe the ass kicking I got weakened my resolve but I picked up a box of Arkanaut Company just to paint. And now I am hooked. Working through the Battleforce Box as I type this (still trying to decide if Endrinriggers or Skywardens are the way to go long-term) but I should hope to finish most of them off my early march in time to work on the new Start Collecting box. Hopefully I will have a decent 1000 pts to field for a learning game or 2.

Look forward to sharing more on my progress and interacting with you guys more.

20180205_204725_resized.jpg

20180205_204727_resized.jpg

20180205_204737_resized.jpg

20180210_121635_resized.jpg

20180211_111731_resized.jpg

20180211_182502_resized.jpg

20180211_182507_resized.jpg

Archived