How are the Mangler Squigs as models?

bsharitt

My next planned purchase for a my goblin army is likely going to be mangler squigs, but I see that it's finecast. Already I've run into a few finecast models and while they've all had that weird support beam structure all over the model(often obscuring details, meaning I have to re-carve them with an x-acto knife), some have been fine other than that, but others have had the bubbles and blank spaces where resin should be(luckily the worst was a pestilens plague priest, so that worked out). For smaller models, I don't mind taking the chance and it's not bad to hide the molding mistakes, but I'm a bit more wary of bit bigger model that has much bigger details, so I wanted to get some outside opinions of those that have the model on how it was. From what I understand, a lot of the worst offenders were metal models that got moved right over to finecast and that some of the newer "designed for finecast" models fared a bit better and the mangler squigs are in the later group. So how is the model? How much time am I going to be carving away finecast shards?

I have never had an actual mangler squig. Didnt have a model when i started orcs and gobbos.

ButIf you end up not liking dealing with it I came up with a not terrible conversion. 

Take a 60mm base and put 6 fanatics on it chains all different directions. I grouped them very tightly but you can have a loose formation. Then take some twine or string or thread and lash them together creating a "nightmare fanatic"

Obviously not the same type of damage but would give the same overall function I think.

• 2 weeks later...

My friend has one 

Sadly the model developed a list very early on that just got worse overtime

The ankle of the 1 foot that' actually touching the base started to bend, possibly due to heat

It's now probably on a 45 degree angle. If it gets any worse it will most likey topple over

Archived