Is the Balewind Vortex terrain?

Fredster001

Question

Question that may have been answered elsewhere, is terrain the same as scenery?

Reason for asking; if your opponent has a model on the Balewind Vortex (key word: Scenery) does he risk a MW if the the Nurgle Cycle of Corruption is on 3 - The Burgeoning (Enemy Units within 1" of terrain take a MW on a 5+)?

If terrain and scenery are the same - then he does. 

I can't find the key word- Terrain anywhere

7 answers to this question

13 hours ago, Fredster001 said:

Question that may have been answered elsewhere, is terrain the same as scenery?

Reason for asking; if your opponent has a model on the Balewind Vortex (key word: Scenery) does he risk a MW if the the Nurgle Cycle of Corruption is on 3 - The Burgeoning (Enemy Units within 1" of terrain take a MW on a 5+)?

If terrain and scenery are the same - then he does. 

I can't find the key word- Terrain anywhere

FAQ states terrain and scenery are the same thing.

Happy I picked up a balewind yesterday, lol. Off topic since we are talking about the balewind vortex: Does anyone else have the issue that the bottom platform is extremely glossy plastic? I washed it with soap and hot water 2 times now, scrubbing it, but it remains extremely glossy. I have no idea if its residue from a releasing agent or if its just the plastic being that way. All the other pats of the kit are very matte grey.

On 2/21/2018 at 5:17 AM, Kugane said:

Happy I picked up a balewind yesterday, lol. Off topic since we are talking about the balewind vortex: Does anyone else have the issue that the bottom platform is extremely glossy plastic? I washed it with soap and hot water 2 times now, scrubbing it, but it remains extremely glossy. I have no idea if its residue from a releasing agent or if its just the plastic being that way. All the other pats of the kit are very matte grey.

I find in general the Balewind is kind of....poor.  Mine was also glossy.  Painted up fine though. 

51 minutes ago, Vextol said:

I find in general the Balewind is kind of....poor.  Mine was also glossy.  Painted up fine though. 

Its only good in a few lists, like skryre putting an arch warlock on top of it. Or a screaming bell for Verminus (area bravery buff). Other than that it is kind of a poor pick for most armies.

23 hours ago, Kugane said:

Its only good in a few lists, like skryre putting an arch warlock on top of it. Or a screaming bell for Verminus (area bravery buff). Other than that it is kind of a poor pick for most armies.

OH... Sorry, not what I meant.  I mean the model. It's kind of chunky, gaudy and the detail is really coarse.  It, as a model, is not up to GW standards. 

The scenery unit, in terms of gameplay, can have multiple uses.   Nurgle wizards benefit a lot from it due to their high cast, short range spells.  Some of them are extremely powerful when on a Balewind.  Lord Kroak obviously is the most powerful on a Balewind.  An arch mage is ridiculously useful on a Balewind, essentially granting deaths ward save to an entire army. 

While I don't think that it's a "must take" for most wizards, there are a few spells that are bonkers if their range is doubled. 

I look at is as "would you pay 100 points to give every unit in your army a 6+ everything save?"  If so, it's a good choice for an arch age.  Would you pay 100 points to extend the range of a 6 inch spell to 12 inches?  Meh...probably not. 

15 minutes ago, Vextol said:

OH... Sorry, not what I meant.  I mean the model. It's kind of chunky, gaudy and the detail is really coarse.  It, as a model, is not up to GW standards. 

The scenery unit, in terms of gameplay, can have multiple uses.   Nurgle wizards benefit a lot from it due to their high cast, short range spells.  Some of them are extremely powerful when on a Balewind.  Lord Kroak obviously is the most powerful on a Balewind.  An arch mage is ridiculously useful on a Balewind, essentially granting deaths ward save to an entire army. 

While I don't think that it's a "must take" for most wizards, there are a few spells that are bonkers if their range is doubled. 

I look at is as "would you pay 100 points to give every unit in your army a 6+ everything save?"  If so, it's a good choice for an arch age.  Would you pay 100 points to extend the range of a 6 inch spell to 12 inches?  Meh...probably not. 

My bad, I misread completely. These scenery are outsourced to China, they aren't produced in the UK like most other GW products. Probably why there is quite a bit of a quality difference. But ah well, i didn't even bother getting rid of the mold lines because of that very reason. Just not worth the effort for this particular unit.

Archived