Organized Play/Tournament Questions

Mr. White

So, a LGS is getting one of those organize play kits this month and scheduling an event for the 25th.

Has anyone participated in one of these? About how many games will we play? What are the different award types?

I'm considering bringing my 11yr old son, but tourney players can be...eh...I dunno.

No one really knows because they're just starting. Probably 3-4  games with a Bo3 format. 

Tourney players in all games have reputations, but it just depends on your area. I've not encountered many players on any Warhammer game that fit the stereotypical image, and our AoS and Shadespire scenes in particular are pretty chill. Just go in with a positive mindset. 

3 hours ago, Mr. White said:

I'm considering bringing my 11yr old son, but tourney players can be...eh...I dunno.

As mentioned, keep in mind that there will most likely be 4 games in Bo3 format. Playing about ten rounds  in a row can be exausting, especially when You are new to tournament play in gereal. Maybe You could bring him to a gameday to see if he is comfortable playing 10 rounds in about 8 hours.

In addition to that, there will be a time limit. I expect 35 Minutes on average per round. That is easily managable if both players play frequently and this  gives a 2 hour window for a Bo3 with time to move to another table. If Your son has problems finishing games in under 35 minutes, reconsider bringing him.

On 7/2/2018 at 6:10 AM, Hesa_First said:

As mentioned, keep in mind that there will most likely be 4 games in Bo3 format. Playing about ten rounds  in a row can be exausting, especially when You are new to tournament play in gereal. Maybe You could bring him to a gameday to see if he is comfortable playing 10 rounds in about 8 hours.

In addition to that, there will be a time limit. I expect 35 Minutes on average per round. That is easily managable if both players play frequently and this  gives a 2 hour window for a Bo3 with time to move to another table. If Your son has problems finishing games in under 35 minutes, reconsider bringing him.

This is good advice B|

Archived