Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Welcome Guest!

Join us now to get access to all our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, and so, so much more. It's also quick and totally free, so what are you waiting for?

Requizen

Let's Chat: Chosen Axes

10 hours ago, dillonjay21 said:

The Fyreslayers have definitely been my favorite war-band to play with and have a pretty good record with them since settling on the type of deck I wanted to play. Much like some others have been doing I run an aggro deck that try to get people into my half and inspire Fjul and either Tefk or Vol to start punching. There is honestly nothing like getting inspiration strikes in your opening hand then oneshotting the aggro opponent who comes in and kills or try to kill the maegrim or Vol I have as bait. Turns 2 and 3 consist of me usually pushing up with my inspired fighters and throwing formless key and glory to meet on someone who is just gonna sit back and survive. This deck works great against Aggros, but is a bit tougher against defensive decks, specifically Farstriders. However, with hidden paths, quick thinker, treasure lust and another push ploy its been getting along a bit better than before. 

I'm excited to play in a casual tourney this Saturday with them and will report back on how I do. I'm a big advocate for these guys and love when people are surprised that I'm playing them and say they are so bad. They're so fun and rewarding. Especially once you get Fjul and Tefk powered up with tons of upgrades. 

Have you tried using earhquake and great concussion to help push all your fighters into their territory? That could help against defensive warbands. You can score unstoppable advance, swift advance, and maybe conquest while doing so

14 hours ago, Anthony225 said:

Have you tried using earhquake and great concussion to help push all your fighters into their territory? That could help against defensive warbands. You can score unstoppable advance, swift advance, and maybe conquest while doing so

Ya I use great concussion but not earthquake. I have struggled with the idea of putting unstoppable advance and swift advance since that will be 1/6 of objectives on having to push into enemy territory and that could earlier than I want against most warbands that seem to be Aggro. I agree though it would be really good against defensive and I do use conquest as my third end phase scorer. However, I’m always switching that with superior tactician (I’m pretty sure that’s the one where you have to score 6 objectives in a game for 3 glory), since it makes it so I don’t have to rely on pushing everyone into enemy territory. Most of my objectives are either passive or have to do with killing. 

superior tactician is great in decks with a lot of score immediates. i think it can work in lots of decks with easy 1 glory scores though.

On Unstoppable Advance and Swift Advance against aggro warbands:

- When Vol and Tefk are Inspired, they are are equivalent statwise to the best fighters in the game. Fjul probably only has Gurzag as a counterpart when inspired

- No-one starts the game inspired. It is relatively rare to have 3 damage uninspired and requires ploys in hand round one to boost damage. Steelhearts and Gurzag are probably most dangerous in this regard (gurzag because of the amount of extra attack ploys available to orrucks).

- an inspired dwarf at the back of your own board is out of the action unless you use hidden paths, spectral wings, tantalising prize. 2 inspired dwarves in enemy territory around the midline present a double threat to your opponent who has to make decisions about who to target. Especially so if you have great fortitude on the non-Fjul dwarf because they're now both in 2 shot range

What you are gambling on is that your opponent, while trying to achieve their own objectives, won't be killing more than 2 of your guys without burning all their resources for your crack back. Ironjawzs are a problem with this (daemonic weapon+spoils of battle, brutal but kunnin, kunnin but brutal, more choppin). Steelheart can also be a slight issue with obyrn and steelheart having 3 damage base. Against those, I'd still take that gamble if i have something like quick thinker in my hand, hopefully neutralising 1 of those charges.

The probability of drawing a particular objective in your opening hand is 1 in 4. the chance of drawing either Unstoppable Advance or Swift Advance when they are in your deck is 2 in 5. The chance of drawing both is around 4%. So it's not going to crucify your opening hand most of the time and you can afford to mill them out.

Is it flawless strategy that wins every time? No. But I find the problems presented to your opponent compensate for the risk you take by pushing forward early.