My Review of Malign Portents

HobbyHammer

I bring you my review of Malign Portents. The new chapter in Age of Sigmar. A new campaign book and much more. I have been lucky enough to have had an advanced draft copy to review for a while and gotta say its fantastic! Can’t wait to being a Campaign off the back of this..

http://www.hobbyhammer.com/2018/02/review-malign-portents-campaign-book.html?m=1

50 minutes ago, HobbyHammer said:

I bring you my review of Malign Portents. The new chapter in Age of Sigmar. A new campaign book and much more. I have been lucky enough to have had an advanced draft copy to review for a while and gotta say its fantastic! Can’t wait to being a Campaign off the back of this..

http://www.hobbyhammer.com/2018/02/review-malign-portents-campaign-book.html?m=1

Thanks for the review.

Couple of non-spoiler questions:

• Is it similar to the Realmgate wars where it's a story that you read along with and at the points in the story are the corresponding battle plans?
  • Are all the time of war rules, etc linked to the realm of death or is it like the realmgate wars where multiple realms are visited?

Thanks

55 minutes ago, chord said:

Thanks for the review.

Couple of non-spoiler questions:

• Is it similar to the Realmgate wars where it's a story that you read along with and at the points in the story are the corresponding battle plans?
  • Are all the time of war rules, etc linked to the realm of death or is it like the realmgate wars where multiple realms are visited?

Thanks

Glad you liked it. 

1- No, the story comes first and the Battleplans are in a seperate section similar to Path to Glory Skirmish etc..

2- The is one much more detailed Times of War (not even called a ToW) for Realm of Death. This is explores in great detail. 

36 minutes ago, swarmofseals said:

Awesome! Thanks for taking the time to write this up. Any chance you are doing on of these for Legions of Nagash as well? (or know someone who is...)

I will be doing one too, but I am not an official reviewer that gets review copies of things. This was different as I am part of the Only The Faithful Narrative team and got a copy through that. 

If you wanna read pre release review.. pretty sure @Mengel Miniatures Will do one. 

1 hour ago, HobbyHammer said:

Glad you liked it. 

1- No, the story comes first and the Battleplans are in a seperate section similar to Path to Glory Skirmish etc..

2- The is one much more detailed Times of War (not even called a ToW) for Realm of Death. This is explores in great detail. 

Interesting they would split the battleplans from the story.   I'm guessing it's less a story (like the realmgate wars) and more of just background?  At only 80 pages it would make sense if that was the case.

13 hours ago, Banglesprout said:

Thanks for the review @HobbyHammer, Malign Portents is so exciting!

You mentioned NEOS, forgive me but what are they??

Hi dude, NEOs are Narrative Event Organisers, a little narrative organisation to spread the word of Narrative Play more in AoS, a small group of us are also the NEO side of the Only the Faithful Playtest team for GW. 

Archived