Seize Ground
Consecrated Area
Ploymaster
Awe-inspiring
Lightening Strikes
Slayer of Tyrants
Crushing Force

But thats all I got

No, I find stormcast to hit quite hard and quite reliably, and there are a few in faction cards that help this as well (tireless assault, righteous zeal).    Most of my 1-2 glory objectives are pretty easy to score and with a fair amount of score immediately cards the deck cycles through itself pretty quick.  Playing aggressive with an objective deck that rewards you for doing so allows you to snowball pretty hard if things start going your way.  Everytime you kill a model you remove that threat from the game, get a glory for the kill and potentially get a glory from an objective card.   If your target selection and dice are decent there should be very little left late game to threaten your survivors.

On 2018-02-02 at 2:06 AM, CodFather said:

This was my list:

PLOYS

Righteous Zeal
Mighty Swing
Tireless Assault
Duel of Wits
Peal of Thunder
Time Trap
Sidestep
Scavenge
Illusory Fighter
Distraction
Healing Potion

UPGRADES

Helpful Whispers
Army of One
Great Fortitude
Heroic Stride
Blessed by Sigmar
Heroic Might
Shadeglass Darts
Righteous Strike
Soultrap
Great Strength
Fatal Repost

OBJECTIVES

Contained
Denial
Conquest
Victorious Duel
Swift Advance
Seize Ground
Consecrated Area
Ploymaster
Awe-inspiring
Lightening Strikes
Slayer of Tyrants
Crushing Force

But thats all I got

How did you do? Summary of matches?

5 hours ago, CanHammer-darren said:

How did you do? Summary of matches?

Very well, I ended up winning both the Grand Clash on Friday/Saturday, and the Skirmish on Sunday with the same decks.  Out of the 8 rounds I played over the weekend, I played 5 Orks, 2 undead and one Khorne.  I only lost one game the whole weekend and it was in my third round of the Grand Clash against an Ork player named Pablo.   Other than that I swept each round 2-0.   4 games my dice rolled really well, one game in round 2, one in round 4, and both games of the streamed final.

23 hours ago, Verker said:

@CodFather what made you want to run 22 cards for your power deck instead of 20?

Can't speak for him, but I occasionally run 22 or even 24 card Power Decks as well. Duel of Wits helps cycle a fair amount, and with Stormcast (especially if you are Charging or have to play a bit passive), you'll often have that 4th Activation to do nothing but draw/cycle cards. 

I really like your deck, @CodFather! I did alright at LVO, hoping to do better at Adepticon!

On 2/6/2018 at 8:45 AM, Verker said:

@CodFather what made you want to run 22 cards for your power deck instead of 20?

I found it really hard to cut down my power deck.  It was even quite hard to get down to 22.  But as Requizen says, dual of wits helps you cycle through it, and knowing what to keep and not being afraid to discard aggressively at the end of each round. 

Archived