The Painting Contract - February 2018

TheOtherJosh

Hello folks and welcome to the Painting Contract for February 2018!

If you don't know the rules they are:

Each month you post an amount of models that you agree to try to paint/build/convert/sculpt. This can be terrain, models, Warhammer Quest Silver Tower/ Shadows Over Hammerhal, Blood Bowl or Shadespire as well as AoS of course. 

On the 28th of the month the contract closes and you can then post your progress images so that they can be critiqued, shared and boasted about. It is a great way to get involved in the community and to get inspiration.

I'm looking forward to seeing everyone share their progress!

Enjoy!

@Mohojoe & @TheOtherJosh

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I’ll start off! 

Last month was a recovery from 2017! But as you may or may not Know this month is Tzaanuary in the Tzeentchian calendar!

And so I have painting to do!

I pledge to paint the Khorne Bloodbound Garek’s Reavers to tabletop+ standard

I pledge to complete another 2 Kairic Acolytes to get 10 for a full base squad for my Silver Tower/SoH set

Stretch Goal:

The Gaunt Summoner!

49 minutes ago, DynamicCalories said:

Right, seeing as work have shafted me this month and I have a lot of free time:

1x Spoilpox Scrivener 

10x Plaguebearers

3x Plague Drones

3-6x Nurglings 

1x Feculent Gnarlmaw

That's on top of a commission for a friend of some Slaanesh Raptors for 40k

Sorry to hear about the work issue! :|

Looking forward to see your work on Grandfather Nurgle’s Garden! :) Bring forth the Maggotkin! (And flies!)

11 hours ago, DynamicCalories said:

Right, seeing as work have shafted me this month and I have a lot of free time:

1x Spoilpox Scrivener 

10x Plaguebearers

3x Plague Drones

3-6x Nurglings 

1x Feculent Gnarlmaw

Oh wow, I've so much Nurgle stuff (2,000 points) to paint that I can match this. It'd be kind of fun to match this exactly!

I'm already 5 plaguebearers in so I should manage it even with normal work hours.

I am continuing my foray into Hammerhal. I hope to get the following done

5 Karic acolytes to finish the acolyte unit

Elven loremaster

5 blight kings

Lord castellant

Build the other heroes

play first mission or 2 (I can use my existing reavers if needed)

It is going to be tough as work is busy this month.

I had a fair bit of success last month, although I didn't quite reach my goals for Nurgle. Hopefully I can surpass this for Khorne this month.

I pledge:

• Skarbrand
  • 2 Bloodmasters
  • 20 Bloodreavers
  • 6 Blood Warriors
  • 5 Wrathmongers
  • Slaughter Priest
  • Bloodstoker
  • 15 Flesh Hounds

As a stretch goal I'll go back and finish the Nurgle stuff I missed this month.

I am stacked with work and social commitments this month but I will plough on because I am going to a Narative event in March at Warhammer World so I need my fully painted army!

I pledge to complete to the best of my ability;

10x Blood Letters

Stretch

Make progress on either 3xBlood Crushers or Skarrbrand 

Got tons of models assembled last month as I wanted, so now time to get some paint on them!  I pledge to at least get some base coats on my 9 Endrinriggers and hopefully 6 Sky Wardens too.  With a stretch goal of base coats for my 10 new arknaughts too. 

As a side goal, I also want to build some icy terrain for my local Warhammer store - will see if I can fit that in.

My new pledge will be a long-term one. I have a tournament at Easter and I'm painting both for myself and a friend. So priority is finishing his last 20 Bloodreavers and a Slaughterpriest and hope to Sigmar Almighty that he doesn't change his list again?

After that it's on to whatever I decide to bring to the tournament. It will at least be 6 Longstrikes that I have built and primed and maybe 2 Fulminators. I also would like to take Blacktalon but I have to playtest her some more before I slap some paint on. 

Good luck everyone else! Always greate to see the results at the end of the month!?

1 hour ago, Snoe said:

My new pledge will be a long-term one. I have a tournament at Easter and I'm painting both for myself and a friend. So priority is finishing his last 20 Bloodreavers and a Slaughterpriest and hope to Sigmar Almighty that he doesn't change his list again?

With your friends choice of “Bloodreavers” I’m not sure that Sigmar will be the one listening ... perhaps Khorne might be more amenable? :D

Thats awesome that you’re helping them out! I’m working on some Bloodreavers this month too with Shadespire ... so I’m excited to see your work! 

Its gonna be great! We’ve already gathered a bunch of folks for the contract this month. I’m pretty stoked!

7 minutes ago, DynamicCalories said:

WIP so far: 

Built the Gnarlmaw and Plaguebearers, about 80% done on the Scrivener:

image.jpg

he looks fantastic !!

I would like to join in for February , I am hoping to get 3x Liberators finished in the the colors of the Astral Templars and maybe even start my Knight Questor ( same colors ). Again hoping to get this accomplished by months end

I wish every one well on their pledges for this month ! 

2 hours ago, TheOtherJosh said:

With your friends choice of “Bloodreavers” I’m not sure that Sigmar will be the one listening ... perhaps Khorne might be more amenable? :D

Thats awesome that you’re helping them out! I’m working on some Bloodreavers this month too with Shadespire ... so I’m excited to see your work!

Oh I'm not helping him out, he pays me in models for my own army! 1 Slaughterpriest and 20 Reavers for a new Ordinator sounds fair right? A Deamon Prince and 5 Wrathmongers for a unit of Vanguard-Palladors it was last time?

This sounds like a good way to get things painted :)

This month I will paint:

• 30 warriors (Bleaksword/Darkshard/Dreadspear)
  • A pair of reaper boltthrowers & crew

As a stretch goal: complete my dreadlord conversion and get him painted

Good luck everyone

Archived