Lets Chat: Legions of Nagash

S133arcanite

Hi all. 

Maybe it has been said or is a simple question but yesterday I had a game and a friend says I cheated.

I was going legions of night, a unit of 40 skelli, 2 necromancers, vampire Lord and some nighthaunt... the thing is that next to skelis where necros and Vampire and on hero phase I used the healing ability of all to the skelis. Necros choose 2 units and vampire 3. I choosed the skelis with all once so 1d3x 3times and 1d3 for been next to gravesite.

My friend says if I heal with one necro 2 units I can't heal those units twice with other necro and I think this is no sense.

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 minutes ago, Hoseman said:

Hi all. 

Maybe it has been said or is a simple question but yesterday I had a game and a friend says I cheated.

I was going legions of night, a unit of 40 skelli, 2 necromancers, vampire Lord and some nighthaunt... the thing is that next to skelis where necros and Vampire and on hero phase I used the healing ability of all to the skelis. Necros choose 2 units and vampire 3. I choosed the skelis with all once so 1d3x 3times and 1d3 for been next to gravesite.

My friend says if I heal with one necro 2 units I can't heal those units twice with other necro and I think this is no sense.

Nope that indeed does not make sense^^
The only thing you could not have done would have been to use both heals of one necromancer on one and the same unit. So as long as you are within the reach specified in each heroes warscroll, each of the three heroes can use his heal on that unit.

If you had 4 Gravesites in range, you could have used these 4 on the same unit too...^^

On 6/8/2018 at 3:32 AM, Hoseman said:

Hi all. 

Each instance of Gravesite healing and Deathly Invocation is a separate ability resolved 1 at a time. Each of these instances can target the same unit repeatedly (just as multiple Castellents Lanterns, or Celestants Hammers). The only restriction is that each separate instance of these abilities may only target the same unit once. So while a Vampire Lord can heal up to 3 separate units D3 wounds, if only 1 unit is in range, they only get healed D3.

I need some help with my upcoming skeleton army, so one quick question: I've observed that most people seem to prefer Grave Guards with two handed weapons, but is there reason to choose the sword & board option? Perhaps depending on their role?

58 minutes ago, Bohemond said:

Perhaps depending on their role?

Well, the two-handed approach makes them very hard hitting (depending on the definition) 3+\3+. If your opponent has a lot of rend attacks, the shield is also worthless, but do as you please

2 hours ago, Bohemond said:

I need some help with my upcoming skeleton army, so one quick question: I've observed that most people seem to prefer Grave Guards with two handed weapons, but is there reason to choose the sword & board option? Perhaps depending on their role?

When you plan to shread your opponents battleine go for the shields, because most of the battleline units have a rend characeristic of "-", so you got a nice save of 4+.

If you go for other units with rend of 1 or greater go for the 2-handed weapons.

Most of the time you go for the second choice because you got better battleline killer.

The great weapons are useful against almost everything.  The shields are only good against ap - units, and even then it's arguable which is better.  Unless you have a particular aesthetic attachment to the shields, you should generally always go for the greatswords.

3 hours ago, Bademeister said:

Most of the time you go for the second choice because you got better battleline killer.

May I ask which unit you are refering to? 

3 hours ago, Sception said:

Unless you have a particular aesthetic attachment to the shields, you should generally always go for the greatswords.

I have to admit that I really like the look of shields. It just looks better, always. If I could I would glue shields on both hands on all my little plastic men, damn the WYSIWYG! ?

Specially now with the new rules coming up, you could very easily go for little units of 10 or something and revive them if worst comes to worst. Considering how small all skellies are it shouldn't be hard to find space to set them all up after resurrecting, and even only 10 can cause some pain with the great weapons.

1 hour ago, smucreo said:

Specially now with the new rules coming up, you could very easily go for little units of 10 or something and revive them if worst comes to worst. Considering how small all skellies are it shouldn't be hard to find space to set them all up after resurrecting, and even only 10 can cause some pain with the great weapons.

Depends still very much on the possibilities of Command Point generation. But I still am in love with Kamikaze Black Knight. Shoot, Reload, Shoot at enemy again XD

Yeah, I'm starting to think we'll essentially be limited to 1950 point lists instead of 2k just to make sure we at least have one extra command point to combo into something with another command ability or to resurrect in a pinch.

Yeah, I'm starting to think we'll essentially be limited to 1950 point lists instead of 2k just to make sure we at least have one extra command point to combo into something with another command ability or to resurrect in a pinch.

First Cohort and Lords of Sacrament also became more valuable because of the Command Points... I hope we get some additional Battalions..

Do we know if points used for battalions count as spent? Like, imagine you spend 70 points on the Sacrament battalion, do those points give you an extra command point on top of the point you'd get from the battalion itself?

Do we know if points used for battalions count as spent? Like, imagine you spend 70 points on the Sacrament battalion, do those points give you an extra command point on top of the point you'd get from the battalion itself?

You don't get command points for every 50 points u spent on your army you get them for every 50 points under the pointlimit plus 1 per battalion you play and per turn

Not really, imo.  Need those bodies to claim objectives.  A nagash list will certainly be more elite and use fewer big horde units, by virtue of all the points spent on natash, and you'll probably throw in some morghasts for the first cohort, but just nagash and morghasts...  I mean, it's legal to run, it might be worth trying, but I doubt it would pan out competitively.

1 hour ago, PUFNSTUF said:

Is it possible to run a competitive nagash list that's small and elite, not using hordes of skeletons or other horde like models?

I´ve try but I didn't had a good experience with, I´ve won but it was a uphillbattle....

I'm still trying to get running an army of boney boys, so I've made two potential lists for Grand Host of Nagash. What do you guys think?

Alternative 1:

- Vampire Lord (Lord of Nagashizzar)

- Necromancer (Ossific diadem)

- Skeleton Warriors (x40)

- Grave Guard (x10)

- Zombie Dragon

990pts

Alternative 2:

- Necromancer (Lord of Nagashizzar)

- Skeleton Warriors (x30)

- Zombie Dragon

1000pts

13 minutes ago, Hehorakhty said:

I´ve try but I didn't had a good experience with, I´ve won but it was a uphillbattle....

Yea that's kind of what is figured. I like the larger models but am not a fan of using hordes ☹️

2 hours ago, Bohemond said:

I'm still trying to get running an army of boney boys, so I've made two potential lists for Grand Host of Nagash. What do you guys think?

Alternative 1:

- Vampire Lord (Lord of Nagashizzar)

- Skeleton Warriors (x40)

- Grave Guard (x10)

- Zombie Dragon

990pts

Alternative 2:

- Necromancer (Lord of Nagashizzar)

- Zombie Dragon

1000pts

First list is better because 40 man skeleton units are MUCH better than 30 (and also get a discount).

You would be much better served by mounting the Vampire Lord onto the Zombie Dragon though. Makes him far more survivable and creates a larger bubble for aura effects.

If you decide to keep them separate, the unridden TG is better than the unridden ZD.

Archived