Lets Chat: Legions of Nagash

S133arcanite

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 hours ago, GeneralZero said:

they are boxed with rectangle base (WTF??)

Well, they have to sell off the old stuff first *rolleyes... now the direwolves habe been out of stock for weeks, and imo the fenrisian wolves look better but cost twice as much

1 hour ago, Honk said:

Well, they have to sell off the old stuff first *rolleyes... now the direwolves habe been out of stock for weeks, and imo the fenrisian wolves look better but cost twice as much

They arent even old boxes. I bought some after they were "resupplied" here in europe and they came in white boxes with no assembly description or warscroll. Rectangular bases supplied in the same 2x5 plastic bags you get when you buy bases separate. 

1 hour ago, Honk said:

I like the Fenrisian Wolves quite a bit but I just have a soft spot for those old dire wolf sculpts. Just so much character and great fun to paint. Need to get around to rebasing mine.

2425EF3B-64D6-4F14-A0EA-F1EF50565685.jpeg

1 hour ago, TheWilddog said:

Need to get around to rebasing mine

With such bases you shouldn’t... they look great 

3 minutes ago, GeneralZero said:

I'm hesitating between "paint them well enough (the warhammer tv way, relatively fast and ok)"

or paint them super fast like (but super sad/boring)

https://www.beastsofwar.com/games-workshop-painting-tutorial/simple-effective-paint-scheme/

The skeletons paint up pretty fast honestly. Get a sandy brown under coat and the bone is halfway done. Then all you need to do is pick out the details.

Nagash is a bit more of a task but honestly in comparison to other centerpiece models is pretty simple. Just one big armored skeleton with some ghostly stuff around him.  Took me about two weeks, taking my time and putting in some TLC.

spirit hosts, hexwraiths, zombies, and dire wolves are also all summonable.  I expect the new chainwrasp ghosties to be summonable as well, but that isn't confirmed yet.

With Endless Legions being free now, I expect huge summonable units to be even more favored than they already are.

You know, every one keeps saying that every time there's any changes or improvements to grave guard, and they all keep applying equally to skeleton warriors, so skeleton warriors keep being better.  In terms of competitive list building, it doesn't matter how strong grave guard are as long as skeleton warriors are just better.

And, pending gh18 points adjustments, skeleton warriors are still just better.

with their extra attacks per model and extra models per point, skeletons are, if anything, considerably more killer than grave guard.  Even at lower to hit, to wound, and rend, when you're swinging with 3 times as many attacks it doesn't matter.  ?

same way you put 40 skeletons on anything.  You move up, and you charge it.  2" reach is a lot of reach, most single targets have big bases that they hang way over.  Lots of room to get in there.  And as for armor, -1 rend isn't really that much rend.  If that's what you're dealing with, what you want isn't grave guard, it's spirit hosts, or archai, or terrorgheists, or some wizards casting mortal wound spells.

To be clear, I'm mostly being joky, I run grave guard myself.  I do think skeletons are 'just better' for the points, but whatever, it's not like I'm betting money on the game results.  You're not betting money on your game results, right?  I don't recommend doing that.  That's a bad idea.

15 hours ago, ZaelART said:

Ah, I had a few zombies lying around but I thought it might be the case that they require a big blob and specific support like the corpse cart to really make a go of it.

Yes they do but now once they are gone we can bring them back... I can already see an opponents face as a blob of 60 comes back on the board. But honestly getting rid of 60 zombies with all the re-grows and attacks back is no small feat. I rarely loose an entire 60 unit and when I do I’ve usually tied up one of their best units for most of the game. They are exceeding frustrating to play against so I only use them against verteran players. And painting? No one paints zombies to a very high standard certainly not that many. I personally think skellies require more work because of the functional weapons, clean bones and clothing. No one bats an eye at a muddy and bloody zombie.

Archived