Warscroll Designer (BETA)

On 7/12/2018 at 9:15 AM, RuneBrush said:

Cheers guys.  Always nice to know it's still being used!  My intention is to do an update so that we can create warscrolls using the new layout that GW have done for Soul Wars - it's a much clearer design in my opinion.  That ideally needs the option to add an image so I'm probably going to use the opportunity to rehash the editor which I feel has become pretty clunky.

Not got an estimated time for this being done though sadly - the rest of this month is busy with commitments and getting my Blackout army ready :D  Hopefully August may be a little kinder

Really great work. Thank you!

Do you have a recommendation on how to get an image printed on the flip side correctly *and* easily, also like on the new warscrolls from Soul Wars? That'd be awesome, especially for conversions/count-as scrolls. 

• 1 year later...
On 10/23/2019 at 12:05 PM, Greyshadow said:

Have you thought about adding functionality to make scenery Warscrolls Runebrush? P.S. This is great what you have done.

Thanks!  Sorry about the delay in reply - was off up at WHW for a long weekend!

I'd love to add the option to make custom scenery warscrolls, battalions and missions.  In truth I'd love to completely rewrite the front end!  What I need though is a few weeks when I've not got a hobby project on 😜  the past year has pretty much seen me jump from one project to the next!

• Like 1

• 8 months later...

Just found your Warscroll designer, and I love it!!  So cool and fun!!  On a wishlist of things to add.... :D  Any way to add a character/image place?   Especially if it's a hero?  Maybe a check box to turn it on/off...  but really, sweet sweet site!  Thanks for the hard work!

• Thanks 1

12 hours ago, Wyliekyote said:

Just found your Warscroll designer, and I love it!!  So cool and fun!!  On a wishlist of things to add.... :D  Any way to add a character/image place?   Especially if it's a hero?  Maybe a check box to turn it on/off...  but really, sweet sweet site!  Thanks for the hard work!

Thanks!  Character portraits are something I'd love to add, especially when I get round to updating the style to the version 2 warscroll as it's got a gap for them.  It's not a particularly easy job though as they have to be stored somewhere (which ultimately costs money), plus you need some form of protection to prevent people uploading lewd pictures 😂

• Like 1

1 hour ago, RuneBrush said:

they have to be stored somewhere

Would it make more easy if picture would be local on the end use browser, uploaded to server only during pdf rendering and then droped from server? so pdf would be generated with picture but space not stayed consumed on server.

4 hours ago, RedMax said:

Would it make more easy if picture would be local on the end use browser, uploaded to server only during pdf rendering and then droped from server? so pdf would be generated with picture but space not stayed consumed on server.

You'd be quite limited if you used local storage as it's fixed at 5mb.  You could feasibly upload each time, but that would get tedious pretty quickly.  Everything is pretty much clientside too - the only server side bits is saving to your Google account 😊

More a suggestion than anything, certainly not wanting to add to your workload. But are formats in the style of those Realmscape rules possible?

I really love the new Realmscapes and how their new rules can all fit neatly on a warscroll-like card.

I can make do with the current system but it'd be neat to have for custom realmscapes and realm rules for other settings. :)

Edited by Baron Klatz

@RuneBrush I was wondering if it would be a something easy to implement for the WSD to allow in the text fields to have blod and italic font options?

I have to admit that I sarted to be hook by the narative fun part of the warscroll building in the AoA  and puting some flavoured text in the warscroll but miss the feature that GW have on his official warscroll to put all fluff part on italic and rule itself as normal text (and sometime keyword in bold) to make warscroll more easy to use.

Just wanted to let you know that if you have on day opportunity to add this feature, it would be used for sure!

• Like 2

On 7/24/2020 at 2:45 AM, RedMax said:

@RuneBrush I was wondering if it would be a something easy to implement for the WSD to allow in the text fields to have blod and italic font options?

I have to admit that I sarted to be hook by the narative fun part of the warscroll building in the AoA  and puting some flavoured text in the warscroll but miss the feature that GW have on his official warscroll to put all fluff part on italic and rule itself as normal text (and sometime keyword in bold) to make warscroll more easy to use.

Just wanted to let you know that if you have on day opportunity to add this feature, it would be used for sure!

Not that I ever really thought about it when I created warscrolls in the past, but you can just use HTML to make the font bold or italic.

• Thanks 1

On 7/23/2020 at 6:15 PM, RedMax said:

As @someone2040 says the editor supports HTML, so for bold enter it like this:

<strong>KEYWORD</strong>

and italic

<i>some text</i>

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

• 2 months later...
13 hours ago, Onslaught said:

Yeah I know, there's even another great and beautiful card creator based on it  https://hennirocks.github.io/warcry-card-creator/

Thing is neither let you add abilities like your warscroll builder does :( 

But thx for replying nways :) 

Rachael is on Twitter so you could ping her a message on there, or if you've a Github account you could make a suggestion on the public repository she's got for the tool: https://github.com/rachelnertia/warcry-card-creator/issues

• Like 2