Blades of Khorne 1000 pts list focus on demons

MrBrownstone

Hi ,

I wanted to hear what you guys think of my 1000 pts list for blades of khorne. My focus is on demons with some mortal support units.

Leaders

Wrath of Khorne Bloodthirster  (330)  -> general

Bloodsecrator   (120)

Blood stoker (80)

Battlelines

30 x Bloodletters (270)

10xBlood Warriors (200)

I know, that the bloodthirster is pretty expensive for 1000 pts, but i just got him and want to play him. Should I maybe drop the secrator or the stoker? Since i got the feeling, that some more battleline troops would come in handy, but i really like the buffs. Im curios what you guys think and if you have some good tips for me.

Its an all or nothing list which is very much in keeping with Khorne so should go OK.

WoK is the best Bloodthirster and you have all the tools for the Bloodletter Bomb.

Only suggestion would be that you might need to split up the Blood Warriors into 2 units to give you a little more flexibility, depending on your opponent's list and the scenario.

Thanks for the Tips,

we decided to go up to 1500 pts. So I extended the list :

Leaders

Wrath of Khorne Bloodthirster  (330)  -> general with born in battle and crimson crown

Bloodsecrator   (120) 

Blood stoker (80)

Slaughterpriest (100) with killing frenzy

Battlelines

30 x Bloodletters (270)

10xBlood Warriors (200) with axes and the gleve

3x Bloodcrusher (160)

10x Blood reaver (70) with axes

1x Skull cannon (160)

I played against tomb kings and it was pretty close! In  the end the deciding moment was the battle between Bloodthirster and Spinhx, but the BT made it with 2 wounds left. The Bloodwarriors were very strong in blocking the enemy heroes, mainly because of there additional attack when dying combined with the secrator. But I think I  will leave the Canon at home for the next battles, made just 1 hit over the complete game (its probably better against armies with more units of 10+ models ). Its probably better to look out for building a murderhost or including more Bloodletters or Bloodcrushers. 

But after my first battle with the Bloodthierster I can say: this guy is a beast! Its my auto include from now on:)

14 hours ago, Agent of Chaos said:

Its an all or nothing list which is very much in keeping with Khorne so should go OK.

WoK is the best Bloodthirster and you have all the tools for the Bloodletter Bomb.

Only suggestion would be that you might need to split up the Blood Warriors into 2 units to give you a little more flexibility, depending on your opponent's list and the scenario.

Yes, the flexibility is a big point to think about. With just 2 battleline units its hard to react. But the gleve for the warriors comes only at 10 models and is very tempting;) But your right, it depends on the opponent in the end. By the way, is it possible to give the gleve to the units leader? More attacks with stronger weapons is in khornes favor;)

Yes the leader of the blood warriors can (and always should) take the glaive.

Nice looking 1500 point list and congrats on the win!

With the Skull Cannon, the trick is to get it into combat for a chance at the second shot ability so move it forward like you would a chariot. If you hold it back like a traditional artillery piece then you are missing out on half the fun. However yes, they can be a hit or miss kind of deal and perhaps a luxury in small-medium games. In this list you might have more joy upping the Bloodcrushers to a unit of 6 or even throwing in a Khorne Daemon Prince for another combat hero.

I think a demon prince would fit good, if  I drop the reavers and 5 warriors to for another 3 Bloodcrushers. This way the demon prince can accompany the Bloodcrushers and the Bloodthirster keeps side by side with the Bloodletters. Both demon units will have theirs hit rerolls, making them more deadly.

Also i spent a lot of time in a demon prince conversion, because i didnt like the original model and then i ply both, the prince and the thirster:)

Also I thought of having a unit of wrathmongers in the "side army" to change with the prince, when my opponent has a lot of monsters or heavy hitters.

Archived