Nurgle daemons in 40K

GeneralZero

My idea is to build an AoS army that could (at least partially) be used also in 40K.

What are the list of units that I can play in 40K?

And what are the nice (efficient or not too bad) choice in this list (for 40k)?

I think that I have seen some pictures of the GUO in 40K armies...

Hi, well 40K Daemons are a bit different in use but the resilience is certainly there. The Ferulent Gnarlmaw is also better but requires points.

The list of units you can play are actually all Nurgle Daemons for AoS. From Great Unclean One to Horticulous to Nurglings. There are actually many more Nurgle Daemon Engines that arn't in AoS. 

I'd say typically speaking there is a lot of overlap between unit choices... The Plaguebearers have a neat option to deal a lot of damage though their Rend/AP isn't massive that potential damage output is. 

As someone who loves Blades of Khorne and Maggotkin of Nurgle I will say however that this concept is actually very strong in 40k also. Better put if your going to play Nurgle Daemons for 40K you really want some Death Guard units also (this is where the Nurgle Daemonic Engines are too). 

Cheers,

One thing that is worth being aware of, is that in 40k the point costs are generally lower. My collection of Nurgle Daemons (excluding Forge world models) are 1180 in 40k and 1680 in AoS.

So like Killax suggested, it might be worth looking into getting some Death Guard which are the 40k equivalent of Rotbringers, to supplement your 40k army, because you might be forced to repeat too many units if you don't.

Archived