Hello,

This year my FLGS is having a "Year of War" slow-grow Path to Glory campaign and painting/modeling contest for each month that culminates in a top-prize for the year in December 2018.  Each unit has to be purchased/ordered from there, and is graded on originality, conversions, paintjob, uniformity, and basing.  For the first month, we have to pick our General and paint it up, and I have chosen Darkling Covens.  I'm going to update this over time.

RE8NGFr.jpg

My project and general for January is going to be the Coven Master, Sorceress on Black Dragon.  The concept is a masked sorceress who frequently engages in blood sacrifice to fuel her arcane spells.  The dragon will be carrying a sacrificial cauldron, where blood spirits are rising out.  Base will be bleak late autumnal/frozen mix with some frost/snow effects.

The base model is the Sorceress from the kit, with a Bloodwrack Medusae whisperclaw gauntlet, and a Sister of Slaughter mask.  I added some corrosion to the mask, and some blood effects as well.  I do have to work on the hair, but the concept I'm going for is that she's a very ancient sorceress who survived the end times, but whose mask and blade/gauntlets are ancient, but body youthful from dark magics.  My overall theme is going to be pale and bleak, with bronze ornamentation and silver highlights with emphasis on pale flesh and black metallics.  For the rest of this model I'm going to add some freehanded bloody runes carved on her thighs/chest to add some more contrast.

5a5caa7e6fad9_Untitled1283.jpg.bdd2390866fc9c759f56be7ca4232479.jpg5a5caa70a1fb8_Untitled1274.jpg.152c9e786298d84433590a8e25eef0ee.jpg5a5caaad41250_Untitled1285.jpg.89b29944f0ca791b7c23ddc02a45035a.jpg

22 hours ago, Swooper said:

I really like where this project is going. Never seen the creepy, gritty vibe tuned up for dark elves before. I'm going to be watching this thread with interest, looking forward to seeing where it goes!

Thank you very much!  I want it to definitely have a grim look and feel, with a heavy emphasis on grit, frost, and blood.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

Archived