Curse of years

L.Bromley

Hey guys

i have a quick question about Arkhan’s curse of years spell, so with my mates we have always played it that if curse of years goes off and I’m lucky enough that I roll 6,5,4,3,2 then what ever I have targeted is slain, first up is this right in a matched play environment? Or should I keep rolling until I roll a 1, As I plan to use Arkhan for the first time at a tournament this month.

second issue is how does this spell work if what I target has a mortal wound save? Do we both keep rolling until eith I roll the one or does it stop at the point where he makes the last mortal wound save.

cheers guys

6,5,4,3,2 then unit dead. You can roll it if you want but the moment you hit 1 you can't fail it as it's not a part of the Rule of One.

They'll still have their MW Save if they get one but you keep rolling; as you inflict a MW on the required dice roll whether or not it's saved or not. :)

I've never managed to get it going off before, though I've seen it happen numerous times and it's awesome when it does happen!

26 minutes ago, TalesOfSigmar said:

6,5,4,3,2 then unit dead. You can roll it if you want but the moment you hit 1 you can't fail it as it's not a part of the Rule of One.

They'll still have their MW Save if they get one but you keep rolling; as you inflict a MW on the required dice roll whether or not it's saved or not. :)

I've never managed to get it going off before, though I've seen it happen numerous times and it's awesome when it does happen!

Some tournaments do rule it the other way, make sure to check with your TO.

6 hours ago, TalesOfSigmar said:

I've been on the recieving end of it, 40 Freeguild Swordsmen... Deleted. Awesome and sad at the same time 

Unit was deleted by @klunc in the very first round of the very first game at the AoS Australian Masters. 

I thought I was being clever by having a Luminark proving them a 6+ ward save. I learnt the hard way!

3 hours ago, MrCharisma said:

I've been on the recieving end of it, 40 Freeguild Swordsmen... Deleted. Awesome and sad at the same time 

Unit was deleted by @klunc in the very first round of the very first game at the AoS Australian Masters. 

I thought I was being clever by having a Luminark proving them a 6+ ward save. I learnt the hard way!

Curse of years was my MVP for Masters, that's for sure!

Tally was 40 Swordsmen, Gordrakk and a Megaboss

Don't forget its X + so you can roller higher than what you need, which i wasn't aware of.

out of 4 games ive had it go off twice - Mawcrusher on full wounds & a 20 man unit of iron breakers on an objective fully buffed

great spell!

Archived