Kitbashing Dispossessed?

I hope this is the right place to post this. O.o

This is a potential project I’m thinking about doing because I would like to collect all three types of Duardin. The ‘regular’ Dispossessed minis don’t really do it for me anymore. I find them too small and harmless looking these days, especially when compared to the more modern Age Of Sigmar minis.

However, the longbeard/hammerer kit and the iron breaker kit? That’s much more like it! Bigger, chunkier, more armoured and more intimidating.  Worthy to stand beside the Fyreslayers!   

Also, the Viking style pointy helmets are a little bit played out too imo. I want to do something different. Luckily, the kit comes with just that, with the more interesting looking bucket helmets of the hammerers and irondrakes. So I’m up for some kitbashing!  

Here are my questions; 

If I was to take the hammerer/longbeard kit, and assemble them thus; hammerer/longbeard body, hammerer head, longbeard weapon and shield arms and iron breaker shields, would you guys accept them as regular duardin warriors? Are the iron breaker shields compatible with the longbeard arms? 

Second, are the hammerer arms and ironbreaker/irondrake bodies compatible? See if I was making beefed up duardin warriors I’d need even beefier looking hammerers. Hammerers wearing plate mail with fully enclosed helmets. 

Basically, how compatible are the longbeard and ironbreaker kits is what I’m asking.  xD

Hammer/Longbeard and Ironbreaker/drake bodies, arms and shields should be fully compatible, though may need a little trimming to fit. The only thing you'd need to watch out for would be different heads with longer beards combined with Irondrake drake guns, which are designed to sit below the Irondrake heads' shorter metal beards.

If you wanted to differentiate your "beefed up" duardin Warriors from your elite troops you could always choose to not give them the shoulderpads that come on the Hammerer/Longbeard sprue. They're completely optional and the modern Dwarf/Disposessed kits look great without them.

Good luck and happy converting. :) 

• 1 month later...

Archived