new death battletome announced!

tea_wild_owl

but since you'll effectively have to pay full price for the new unit in every game, but only get to actually deploy the unit you paid for once in a blue moon, I don't think it will ever be worth while to leave the points in reserve, so the ability will never be able to trigger even in the rare cases when it could have.

• Replies 615
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You think “gravesites” will be a passive thing where we place markers on the board or do you think GW will release some form of kit to represent the grave sites? No doubt there will be dimensions to the gravesites and it will be interesting how far it’s diameter stretches.

Supposedly there's a card with four punch out coffin tokens to represent grave sites in the scroll pack.  Additionally, someone reported asking about this on the GW facebook, and being told that a grave site could be anything they wanted to model, and to just measure the range from the center of whatever they use, same with objectives.

And, same with objectives, tournaments will likely require the use of tokens rather than large terrain pieces, so in a competitive environment you won't be using grave sites to block line of site or lanes of movement.

Leaving, say 200 points to reserve and deploying your gravesite marker next to an opponent's objective in a scenario such as Scorched earth will surely have a big impact on how the game is played :)

Easy solution for using custom made nice gravesites (like I'm going to do) is to have also a flat counter available to replace the more elaborate 3d counter with when needed, thus you can have nice models on the table, with out it having any unfair effect on the game.

11 hours ago, Jamopower said:

Leaving, say 200 points to reserve and deploying your gravesite marker next to an opponent's objective in a scenario such as Scorched earth will surely have a big impact on how the game is played :)

Easy solution for using custom made nice gravesites (like I'm going to do) is to have also a flat counter available to replace the more elaborate 3d counter with when needed, thus you can have nice models on the table, with out it having any unfair effect on the game.

I like your thinking. Those of us that already play with a summoning pool will go that route. Summoning from the gravesites when its called for. 

So far thats just one way, within one legion, that we can summon.

Personally im going HAM on Arkhan. Death might be able to out magic Tzeentch...just like i said a couple pages ago lol

31 minutes ago, shinros said:

Honestly a part of me hopes that Mannfred's legion is busted because Neferata's legion could have good rules but the issue is the fact majority of the vampire stuff is finecast. Which holds it down IMO.

Why!? Mannfreds the best! I hope is legion is amazing!

Neferata I'm genuinly not sure of.  She's always been portrayed as being cunning rather than in your face aggressive, when she fights it's calm, calculated and terrifying, breaking her opponents will to kill them at leisure.  I could see something that gives all Soulblight -1 to hit auras or allows them to attack first, but that's really guess work!

Mannfred we have this snippet from the community site.

image.png.257452eb065fd0fc64cf73c6fc0b8739.png

Depending how everything looks ill most likely try to run the Arkhan battalion. Arkhan would get +4 to casting, cast 4 spells, get to pick 2 others from either Lore...then the necros get to pick 2 spells, get +1 to casting, and get to cast 2 lol jesus...the battalion will probaby be hella expensive though. Cant wait to out cast Tzeentch lol

I get the critisim of this rule however first of all there is three ways to play this game. Matched, narrative and open. I am firmly in matched  play camp myself but they have to write rules for all camps. This is a hugely thematic rule which i think is awesome in the other two environments. I dont think this is objectively bad in matched play however. The benifit of summoning as we currently know it (knew it) was the flexibility in gives you in lists. Assuming we will still be able to summon by other means which looks likely if not confirmed already then this only gives us more options. So for me this increases the primary strength of reinforcement points. If you are allocating points for this rule exclusively your doing it wrong however if you are able to pull it off in the right circustance then it looks strong. If not then use your points some other way in that partucular battle. Additionally just having the rule in place will be a deterrant to some degree (probably not huge) of people zoning our sites. 

I like it with it in context. Its not stuanch defender or destiny dice... but its cool. 

53 minutes ago, 5kaven5lave said:

So close to picking up a start collecting Malignants for the Engine / Throne and FEC for the VLoZD. Someone tell me to wait please!!

Wait until saturday when we will start to see podcaster review it man! Stand down for now. Keep them in the basket though ;^)

Archived