Malign Portents - A Tale of ??? Warlords

On 09/01/2018 at 11:48 AM, Elmir said:

HB9UQpd.jpg

paVQZeQ.jpg

These are some early and late WIP shots. They are based on the HE caledor dragon riders, but use bits from the zombie kits, zombie dragon bits, FEC crypt horrors and lots of modeling chain and toothpicks. 

Oh and the vampire heads come from puppetswar.eu

Love them they look really Good!! Great idea using the HE set! Love those heads as well...

Thanks

• Replies 196
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thank you @Tzaangor Management

I have had a look at the four Heralds on the website. They are all nice miniatures but the goblin just does not feel right in an Ironjawz force. In a mixed force sure, in a mixed force with other Night Goblins (or a pure night goblin force) defiantly. As such I don’t think I will be adding him to my force. Maybe once the rules are released I can make a suitable count as.

Following along with Tale of four Warlords seems like a good plan. Let’s see who can do the better/more impressive/unique army, the people at WD or us ( I know mine won’t be in any sense but some of the other entries here have so much potential).

@Melcavuk, I love your Sylvaneth conversions and paint scheme. Not something I had seen before but you have really made it work with the skull heads and colour scheme. The autumn red leaves are a nice touch. How many boxes of skulls did you buy for this?

That second Treelord looks promising, do finish quickly, I want to see.

@Lightbox, I like the skull masks, the ork skull seems to be laughing its head off.  

@Soulsmith, always nice to see some non-green Nurgle demons.

@Elmir, Those Bloodknights are a nice conversion.

@Lord Panther,  Good start, good call in carving into the Ardboy armour a bit to make it more like the rest of the range, did not think of that when I assembled mine.

@Smokeypryogg, Interesting idea, looking forward to seeing them.

1 hour ago, Melcavuk said:

im having the same issue with Herald, I don’t like the concept of a lone gold dude in with my trees 

I just had another look at the Harbingers again (not heralds as I called them), I think the Stormcast guy could actually offer up a good conversion for you depending on how he needs to be assembled.

As your army is in the realm of Death why not have it be a hero tree revenant that has inhabited parts of an old suit of armour as well as tree/wood parts. I can imagine taking the Harbinger, replacing the head with a skull liek on your other models, replacing the shudderpads (or whatever they are called) with similar pieces from the Kunoth Hunter kit, replacing one or both arms with spares from the revenants kit (holding hammers if possible) and taking of a foot/lower leg and using a spare revenant claw as a woody foot (probably the one on the stone would work better pose wise). Spice up with extra wood/leaf/bracken and paint the arm in a dull/rusted/blackened look with only a little gold left to show its origin.

Does anybody know the relative size of Moria Goblins to fantasy goblins/the new fungus shaman harbinger? Some of the Moria Goblins have armour that is slightly similar in style to Ironjaws armour. I have been looking at the metal Moria Goblin King (not the large hobbit one) and pointing shaman with helmet that is in the command group on the GW website as potential conversion starts to have a more Ironjawz flavoured harbinger. The sword armed goblin and the drummer from the Blackshields command set also looks juicy.

I think Moria goblins end up about the same height but are far more lean. Proportionately I think they’re far smaller than a night goblin for example but actually have knees and upper legs which fantasy goblins tend to lack which gives them something similar in terms of height 

7 hours ago, Tzaangor Management said:

Had started on these while waiting for texture paints and their washes to dry. Couple of rough edges in the painting and ribbons should be green, but love these little birds. Great models!

5a5e3d3254228_AetherandGryph16_01_174.jpg.f685fa72e018cdff2a359b8752ea77c1.jpg

5a5e3d3982f76_AetherandGryph16_01_173.jpg.bb2a7bea556b347c61e36d91e109ca53.jpg

Birds in particular looking great just got a basecoat and wash on mine and am struggling to pick out detail properly.

22 hours ago, Tzaangor Management said:

Had started on these while waiting for texture paints and their washes to dry. Couple of rough edges in the painting and ribbons should be green, but love these little birds. Great models!

5a5e3d3254228_AetherandGryph16_01_174.jpg.f685fa72e018cdff2a359b8752ea77c1.jpg

5a5e3d3982f76_AetherandGryph16_01_173.jpg.bb2a7bea556b347c61e36d91e109ca53.jpg

These look great where do you get all your little tufts and flowers from? 

Thanks @Charles, all the tufts, flowers, lichen and rocks are from https://www.serious-play.co.uk. First time I've used their site, but been very happy with everything and the tufts in particular are great, with lots of different coloured strands of static grass used to make them.

@Mirbeau, I mostly just washed and dry brushed, or washed over white to try and pull the details out. Long wing and tail feathers were probably the only bits I 'painted' on those fiddly little chaps.

Progress has massively stalled for me and my skullgirls D: I'm gonna have to try and really pull my finger out soon and get some more building and painting done!!

Unsure if I'll have them finished by 10th of feb but some more progress for pics would be great to get done!

Nearing completion on my Morghur reborn so then I can start work on his base, as a bonus objective I'm converting up a spare alarielle beetle I had to hand whilst preserving as much of my original paintjob as posible. Full pictures in my personal painting log

007.JPG

012.JPG

I would like in on this, please.

I will be painting a Skeleton Horde SC box to for the first month.  Going to go with Arkhan and Black Knights to keep with the skeletal theme.  Bases for the skeletons are done and have started painting the skeleton unit.  Pictures to come.

Fairly new here, but I'll join in! I've already been painting for the last week and a half, so I'm not doing too badly.

I picked up the Beastclaw Raiders start collecting box and will be running them as general Destruction Alliance and using Moonclan Grots too (who I'll also be doing an army of eventually) since I thought they'd fit in with the harbinger.

So far I have the 4 Mournfangs themselves painted and based but only one rider, as well as a head start on month 3 - 6 Grots of 20 are done. Bit of an old picture, but here's one of the Grotgors...

YGZE9Pd.jpg

19 hours ago, Geckilian said:

Fairly new here, but I'll join in! I've already been painting for the last week and a half, so I'm not doing too badly.

I picked up the Beastclaw Raiders start collecting box and will be running them as general Destruction Alliance and using Moonclan Grots too (who I'll also be doing an army of eventually) since I thought they'd fit in with the harbinger.

So far I have the 4 Mournfangs themselves painted and based but only one rider, as well as a head start on month 3 - 6 Grots of 20 are done. Bit of an old picture, but here's one of the Grotgors...

YGZE9Pd.jpg

That so cool! Amazing how they fit. Was it a lot of greenstuffing?

Archived