Malign Portents - A Tale of ??? Warlords

• Replies 196
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I heard about this. I searched the MP site, the GW site, the Community site. Saw nothing. 

Oh, wait Facebook. The most high-profile information stealing, lying to customers dirt ball social network in existence. Yuck.

Bummer that you have to use FB to take part.

16 minutes ago, Sleboda said:

Bummer that you have to use FB to take part.

The same painting competitions and challenges are also being run in every Games Workshop store across the world. So think of Facebook as just one place to take part out of hundreds.

That said, I do get the impression that the stores themselves have been taken somewhat by surprise by this announcement and are struggling with what to tell people in terms of whether they'll be participating and what prizes will be offered. The way I see it they (like us) have until Feb 10th to get their s**t together! Plenty of time! :D

2 minutes ago, Sleboda said:

According to the terms, you -must- have a FB account and post your images (which become GW's to use) to participate.

I really do think that just applies to entries submitted specifically for the Facebook side of the competition. There's a blurb in the new White Dwarf about taking your army into the store. I can't imagine why you'd need to join Facebook for that - that's not how Armies On Parade usually works as far as I know.

Nice one @Jamie the Jasper and @FrederickD, great spread of armies now taking shape (Anvilguard looking particularly intriguing!).

Not much of a Facebooker myself and hadn't realised there was an official way of doing it, just thought it'd be a good challenge. Might pop into a GW over the weekend and see what it's all about, but either way I'll still be following along here I reckon.

Having reviewed the rules on FB, it looks like I am in.  With Adepticon coming up I will almost certainly be doing my Overlords for this (the FB page makes it clear that you can do something other than an actual Start Collecting box - just make it about the same) or my Nurgle demons from the Blightwar set.  This is neat!

Well figure I should post my day 1 results!

These conversions took a lot longer than I thought they would. Doing all the models to look similar is gonna take some time :o

The idea is to make them also fit with AoS28. Currently I'm going with the ides of less is more, don't wanna overload the poor gals with skulls and stuff.

Looking forward to painting my death hag and her mask!

received_10212998755141218.jpeg

received_10212999710565103.jpeg

received_10212999714885211.jpeg

Hmm, I did just get a FEC Start Collecting for Christmas, and I was planning on using Malign Portents as motivation to work on my various death stuff... count me in!

Not sure I like my odds of getting a VLoZD built/painted in a month, though, that's one big, detailed model :$

Went to my GW today.  Great store managed by a looooong time GW vet.  Other stores train in this store.  He should be informed.

He knew **nothing** about the contest.  No clue about signing up, what's legit --- nothing.

I will not be taking part in this.

You're having a real roller-coaster ride here @Sleboda!

For what it's worth, I popped into my local GW yesterday and the manager there did not know details of what was happening either, but had apparently received a memo, which he is going to make the rules of public via his store's Facebook page. I'll try and keep an eye out for that, but regardless, I still think it's a good challenge and it clearly mirrors the White Dwarf article a Tale of Four Warlords, which is enough for me. 

Great progress shots so far and numbers, will do a count up / roll call once we have the official kick off date.

Keep it up all :D

Gather commanders! The portents have been read, Shyish calls and we shall answer!

The time has come for us to muster the hosts and to march to war!

The global campaign in Shyish has begun a perfect time for anyone looking to start a new army to bring to the depths of the realm of death! during this mustering period anyone who posts a picture of their fledgling* force and declares their allegiance for the global campaign will receive some of our incoming malign portents swag!

*a fledgling force is an army that you may have started prior to this campaign but if you've not played the force yet it counts*

Veteran commanders please lead the charge in declaring the allegiance of your already prepared forces

Shyish's dead march, Will you join them or meet them on the battlefields?

-This was from my local independent shop on Facebook. Not alot of details but it sounds like it was from a packet sent to them. Posted Saturday evening.

I will be working on getting a stand alone Soulblight army together. I've already got 5 HE dragon knights converted to blood knights and the next 5 are coming up... And I still have a crapton of vargheists to chew through, so plenty to keep me busy, even if death doesn't get new models with their new book...

So here's some more skullgirls for you all (A working title)

Hope to steadily get them built so I can get them painted. Gonna try and pick up the army painter barbarian flesh spray today to make it quicker.

I'll get better pictures soon... Promise.

(Orruk skull girl is my fave because she always gives me a giggle)

received_10213013998442291.jpeg

received_10213014004442441.jpeg

received_10213014009202560.jpeg

IMG_20180107_153024201_HDR.jpg

16 hours ago, Elmir said:

I will be working on getting a stand alone Soulblight army together. I've already got 5 HE dragon knights converted to blood knights and the next 5 are coming up... And I still have a crapton of vargheists to chew through, so plenty to keep me busy, even if death doesn't get new models with their new book...

Can I ask what are you using for Blood knight? Do you have any pictures?

Probably shooting for a Slaves to Darkness cavalry force, or Maggotkin.

Slaves I've started assembling but Maggotkin would be quicker to paint up.

Outside chance of an Order or Death force but I think I want to do too many conversions to those to make it feasible in the time given.

Archived