Tales of Sigmar - Tales of Gamer Sign Ups

banner2.jpg

Well this was originally the premise of my blog and after an intial surge of sign-ups it's died off to only a handful of dedicated people. So I'm going to be using my blog as my own personal hobby progress and also focusing on the podcast there.

So I thought I'd try and run the Tales of Sigmar - Tale of Gamers here on the forums. It seems like there is an active community and would be good to keep each other motivated to get through an army, I know how tough it is to actually commit to one thing and make it work! I'm going to use it as a platform to start a smaller army that's not my Sylvaneth and progress through that in manageable chunks.

So What Is The Tales of Sigmar - Tales of Gamers?

Over the next few months gamers will be building, converting, painting and playing a new Age of Sigmar army and it will be all recorded here.

The rules are simple:

• £50 GBP / $85 USD/ €65/ $140 AUD (damn Australian prices) a month to add towards your army.

• The prices don't need to be Games Workshop prices and can be 3rd party stores, purchases form eBay, Facebook Groups, etc. As long as you keep track of your monthly spend.

•  Any money not spent in one month can be carried over to the next month, this will help with gamers wanting to purchase something a bit more substantial or you need to shift funds between months.

• Participants must post at least once a month to talk about their army, purchases and show the progress they're making with their army.

• There will be a prize of a Battletome of your choice at the end of the feature for the best army. This will be done as a vote on the TGA. 

If you want to take part, all you have to do is show your interest here by commenting.

Start Date - Monday 11th July 2016

End Date - TBD - I'm thinking 11th January 2017 as it'll give people 6 months to get a new army built and painted.

Thanks and hope to hear from you all soon if your interested!

Chalmers

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Entrants

• Tales of Sigmar - Nurgle Rotbringers
  • alasdair - Stormcast Eternals
  • Dangermouse425 - TBC
  • Primoris - Flesh Eater Courts
  • Soulsmith - Greenskinz
  • EvDJ - Legion of Azgorh/Beastmen
  • Somnicide - Stormcast Eternals
  • Bass294 - Legion of Azgorh
  • Nixon - Sylvaneth
  • The World Tree - Sylvaneth
  • AdHocGames - Flesh Eater Courts
  • cb_Rex - Bloodbound
  • pforson - Skaven
  • Lucio - Gaunt Summoner Tzeentch
  • DodgyRoller - Ogors/Destruction
  • N_Watson - Ironjawz/Destruction
  • Roostmanuva - Ironjawz
  • XeroX - Sylvaneth
  • Dez - Greenskinz
  • Karl - Skaven
  • tjgreenway - Seraphon or Stormcast
  • Caffran101 - Warriors of Chaos
  • Stonemonk - Beastclaw Ogornid Gene Raiders
  • TrexPushups - Bloodbound
  • Slaanesh - Bonesplitter Tribe

Monthly Progress

Month 1 - http://www.tga.community/forums/topic/1664-tales-of-sigmar-tale-of-gamers-month-1/

I am very interested. However does the monthly spend actually necessitate buying it in that month? The reason I ask is because I have spent £200  all in one go on a stormcast army which I would like to participate with. Is it simply a case of painting that much each month ? If so sign me up with Knights Excelsior Stormcast Eternals!

Of course if you've already got the models purchased it's just a case of doing £50 worth of them a month.

It's what I'm doing to start with, I've got a few Blightkings and Gutrot Spume that have sat untouched for a while, so they're going to be my focus for the first couple of months.

I would love to participate but I already know that I won't have the time to paint a 65euros model/unit per month [emoji20] but good luck to you all [emoji3]

I think it's fair to say I am in the same boat, though I probably have enough minis from fantasy greenskins to make a destruction force without spending any money at all!

To be fair it's more of a estimate you don't have to spend that much a month/paint that much a month.

I know it helps some people keep track of what they're doing, for example I know I can paint up Gutrot Spume and 5 Blightkings this month and I've hit my quota.  

29 minutes ago, TalesOfSigmar said:

To be fair it's more of a estimate you don't have to spend that much a month/paint that much a month.

I know it helps some people keep track of what they're doing, for example I know I can paint up Gutrot Spume and 5 Blightkings this month and I've hit my quota.  

I mean if we are staying pretty open with it I may as well. I probably won't get much done in August due to holiday but hey, if I can enter my current WiP I'm game. Doesn't seem like you're gonna get heavy on anyone not making goals either.

If that's the case, then I'll enter with Greenskins.

I'll be doing this, but won't likely spend all the money (yeah, right), so I am going to go with it until my army is done :-) I've just recently (in the last month) started picking up models. I'll be using the Stormcast half of a starter set, is there any value subtraction for the books and stuff, or is it just 1/2 the value of the box? Also, for something like a kit bashed Knight-Azyros 

Thanks!

Added everyone.

1 hour ago, Somnicide said:

I'll be doing this, but won't likely spend all the money (yeah, right), so I am going to go with it until my army is done :-) I've just recently (in the last month) started picking up models. I'll be using the Stormcast half of a starter set, is there any value subtraction for the books and stuff, or is it just 1/2 the value of the box? Also, for something like a kit bashed Knight-Azyros 

Thanks!

I'd say £35 spend for the Stormcast half of the starter set. In regards to kitbashed stuff, I'd just off set it from the other purchases.

For example you split the Silver Tower box for the Venator which was £X but from it you managed to build a Venator and a Knight Azyros. Wouldn't have to add extra costs for something custom built :)

My concern was actually more on the painting time :) that's the only reason why I'm not join, but that's a personal reason eheh!

Can I partake by adding units to an existing army?

I ask, because I already have loads of unpainted Skaven to add to my existing army and if I buy more minis before finishing the armies I already have, the wife will kill me.

I'd like to enter but my force choice is a little more ecclectic, as it's the forces of the Gaunt Summoner. This means I'm dipping into various Tzeentch factions, and also including units from other factions to represent enslaved creatures, or daemons forced into the form of others.

Archived