Malign Portents

Will Myers

5 minutes ago, Arkiham said:

All sounds like stormcast propaganda to me. To make us think they're nice and care about us.

When they say they're here to purge chaos. They're here to purge anything they dislike. Chaos or not. 

That's why humans need to embrace the glorious nagash at least he will tell you when you need to die and you get a good spot in the underworld to chill as the years go by. 

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 minutes ago, shinros said:

That's why humans need to embrace the glorious nagash at least he will tell you when you need to die and you get a good spot in the underworld to chill as the years go by. 

indeed, everyone else doesn't sugar coat it, " hey guys, we're here to give you some freedom and peace " when they actually mean subjugation, torture, murder, genocide and systematic demolition of their culture the moment they find something they dislike... 

everyone else is like " yo! here to kill yous " 

most populace were probably better off under chaos 

4 minutes ago, Arkiham said:

indeed, everyone else doesn't sugar coat it, " hey guys, we're here to give you some freedom and peace " when they actually mean subjugation, torture, murder, genocide and systematic demolition of their culture the moment they find something they dislike... 

everyone else is like " yo! here to kill yous " 

most populace were probably better off under chaos 

As opposed to the death god that does ACTUAL genocide just so he can do his cosmic feng-shui? At least sigmar lets Nagashites worship in his cities.

Besides this part if it is a Stormcast Eternal at the end or not, I found one thing interesting.

We have a member of the Freeguild Guard, with a repeater crossbow (if that wasn't a translati made by duardin (a weapon that was used by aelfs only before), praying to Alarielle.

We only had Free Guild Guard with normal Crossbows and I wrote some own storyparts with humans worshipping to Alarielle, actually not thinking that it would be actual background (Character descriptions of the Blazenhearts 1 Yelena Stormheart ).

From what I saw there wasn't a whole lot of NEW information, lots of lore and fleshing out stuff.

Hot takes:

• Heralds have Prophesy Points, some kind of currency they can spend on boons or curses (rain of skulls or something as an example)
  • Vandus plays a critical role in MP
  • New AOS factions will be revealed soon (tm)
  • Realms of Light and Shadow do not play a large role in MP

Just now, KillagoreFaceslasha said:

Transcript anyone?

I tried to listen to it while working so I may have missed a lot. From what I heard they answered Malign Portents background questions (mostly by repeating things we already know) and couldn't say anthing about forthcoming  releases at all. But they hinted that the announced models and books were not everything that was coming as part of MP.

1 minute ago, Goodapollo4 said:

From what I saw there wasn't a whole lot of NEW information, lots of lore and fleshing out stuff.

Hot takes:

• Heralds have Prophesy Points, some kind of currency they can spend on boons or curses (rain of skulls or something as an example)

Any hints on what new factions?

10 minutes ago, Goodapollo4 said:

Heralds have Prophesy Points, some kind of currency they can spend on boons or curses (rain of skulls or something as an example)

This sounds like they have used the Command Points / Stratagems mechanic from 40k for this. I hope we will see a deck of Prophesy cards!

31 minutes ago, Goodapollo4 said:

Hot takes:

If you read All-Gates its pretty clear vandus is going to become the Lord Commander, plus one of the rumor engine pics was the symbol of the Lord Commander in the storm cast battletome (newest one)

8 hours ago, EMMachine said:

Besides this part if it is a Stormcast Eternal at the end or not, I found one thing interesting.

We have a member of the Freeguild Guard, with a repeater crossbow (if that wasn't a translati made by duardin (a weapon that was used by aelfs only before), praying to Alarielle.

We only had Free Guild Guard with normal Crossbows and I wrote some own storyparts with humans worshipping to Alarielle, actually not thinking that it would be actual background (Character descriptions of the Blazenhearts 1 Yelena Stormheart ).

I wouldn't read too much into the Repeater Crossbow. There's actually one on the Freeguild Crossbowmen sprue (Assumably meant for the Marksman model).

RepeaterXbow.png.2b8c8ce0c9951a2e29d024778436976d.png

Archived