Malign Portents

Will Myers

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
48 minutes ago, MrCharisma said:

I feel like a 9pm release for us is the least they can do!

I'm sure the only timezone they care about is their own

Well duh! GW  is still relatively brain dead when it comes to social media releases.

Put it at another time: 8 PM Greenwich Mean = 7 AM Eastern Australia = Noon/Mid-Afternoon Stateside. You hit three major groups and probably have momentum building through the night.

And oh, hey, won't it be nearly your bed time?

2 hours ago, MrCharisma said:

I think we need to re-align our expectations. I don't think we're going to get a lot... it can't overshadow Nurgle... and Malign Portants will probably run throughout 2018. 

GW does need to watch out not to bum people out.

You could be right. 

That being said, they have been hyping up Malign Portents for a while now and we've already been told pretty much everything about Nurgle at this stage. So I'm hoping they come out of the gates kicking.

That doesn't necessarily mean they'll show new models, but it could show that there will be new models coming in say a new starter set to be revealed later in the month. Still, hate the idea of an announcement of an announcement.

If I had a squiz at the schedule. We know we've got 2 weeks of Nurgle releases coming up (13th and 20th release date). I would probably think that there'll be a Shadespire warband or something else dropping on the 27th. And then first week of February would make perfect sense for them to kick of Malign Portents properly with whatever (Whether that be new factions, new campaign book, new boxed set, etc).

But who knows! We'll find out more in a few hours time!

3 hours ago, SuperHappyTime said:

Five hours to go...

Just realized the site is going to launch between 2 and 5 in the morning here in the states. I don't want to pull the "Elitest American" card, but don't we deserve a bit more attention than China, Japan, Indo-China, and that penal colony ya'll charge an arm and a leg to? Don't we buy enough models to at least deserve a 7-10 AM newsbreak? Especially since we pay more than you charge the Brits based on exchange rates?

Donald, I didn't know you had the time to play AoS in the oval office.

Calling it now the knight of shrouds is a person who rejected being a stormcast when taken by sigmar. The video is called the "coward" Just going by the monks words in the video. Man this is mighty interesting just less than an hour to go. 

Coward? Bet he's not got bravery 4, I'll show you real cowardice, deaduns! 

It all seems like Isengard to me, a nasty tower/pyramid where a nasty big army is gathering, that will flood out and kill some good guys somewhere, so the opposing armies must invade soon to stop it. 

This shroud guy seems like he might get interesting though :)

2 minutes ago, Sheriff said:

Coward? Bet he's not got bravery 4, I'll show you real cowardice, deaduns! 

It all seems like Isengard to me, a nasty tower/pyramid where a nasty big army is gathering, that will flood out and kill some good guys somewhere, so the opposing armies must invade soon to stop it. 

This shroud guy seems like he might get interesting though :)

You got loads of armies pouring into shyish and we know the black pyramid sucks up souls according to lord of undeath. Oh boy might this just be the power up nagash needs to contend with the other gods.

Just now, shinros said:

You got loads of armies pouring into shyish and we know the black pyramid sucks up souls according to lord of undeath. Oh boy might this just be the power up nagash needs to contend with the other gods.

Ah so its a trap to get even more souls once hordes of humans/orcs/chaos flood in for a scrap? 

1 minute ago, pseudonyme said:

And yet I have just watched it on YouTube thanks to their homepage (not displayed in the list of videos)

I think there was a delay in the YouTube publishing. I saw it on Facebook first, it wasn't listed on YouTube when I posted, it's since been uploaded and I've attached it at the top of this page (19)

Just now, Sheriff said:

Ah so its a trap to get even more souls once hordes of humans/orcs/chaos flood in for a scrap? 

My thoughts exactly. Everyone is being lured into Shyish for one reason or another. Nagash could theoretically be pulling all the strings here. Perhaps Soul Wars isn't so much as "Deathcasts Incoming!" but more of the Death Faction re-emerging as the force it once was in the Age of Myth to rival both Order and Chaos. 

I wonder how the Black Pyramid will be utilized or if anyone will realize what is going on before its too late (aside from Elias)

Off topic here, but I am enjoying the voice acting videos and short stories that GW has been embracing lately 

Just now, Gorks Pokin' Finger said:

Off topic here, but I am enjoying the voice acting videos and short stories that GW has been embracing lately 

Yeah its been great, I like to think they learned from the voice-acting successes of Vermintide and Total War (they have certainly stolen the background music directly). 

See here for the greatest of them all: https://youtu.be/a6IUbraF9Oo

8 minutes ago, Carnelian said:

So maybe the knight of shrouds is the deathcast...

Also the realm of death is going to start flooding into all the other realms!

Oh yeah the monk mentioned that in the video. So maybe the pyramids are focal points where it allows the realm of death to spread?

Archived