Malign Portents

Will Myers

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, The Cranky Dwarf said:

I'm calling it. Who is behind all this? It must be SETTRA'S RETURN! Though on a serious note with the paperback release of the von Carsten trilogy I'm betting we see a return of vlad/issabella.

that would be interesting, but as long as we are speculating on returns I'm hoping for abhorash the first blood dragon. it always was a shame he never got rules, but with him being left out of the end times maybe he's been in the realm of chaos this entire time fighting demons like some sort of fantasy doom guy?

Im excited, confused, a little angry, anxious and still I have no idea whats going on.

Im setting myself up for dissapointment. You've hurt me before GW, and still I come back. I ask for Sigmar, you give me Guilliman, I ask for aelfs, you give me stormcast, I ask for pestigors, you give me stormcast. This better be cool. 

@Keldaur, Destroying a Realm would be a rather interesting concept. Age of Death where Death is on every Realm uncontained? Nagash floating in and out of  Realms in a pyramid shaped Deathstar. 

Despite the big count down, I'm starting to think we aren't going to get the WHOLE picture tomorrow. I think we will get a bunch of narrative information, MAYBE a new fig preview if we are lucky, but with Nurgle right around the corner it feels like dropping a new death release would take away some of the hype for stuff that is on the verge of coming out.

I want to be proven wrong, I want to see death and destruction and everything else that we need, but I feel like these portents will make us work for it.

10 minutes ago, Goodapollo4 said:

Despite the big count down, I'm starting to think we aren't going to get the WHOLE picture tomorrow. I think we will get a bunch of narrative information, MAYBE a new fig preview if we are lucky, but with Nurgle right around the corner it feels like dropping a new death release would take away some of the hype for stuff that is on the verge of coming out.

I want to be proven wrong, I want to see death and destruction and everything else that we need, but I feel like these portents will make us work for it.

Well if what GW reveals tomorrow is really BIG, they could build up the hype and narrative (like they did with Dark Imperium and 40k 8th) until February, when it all will apparently be actually released (after end January ; Nurgle and Daemons, and maybe some more 40k codex).

And even if I also think we won't see everything tomorrow, GW has already changed the Warhammer Age Of Sigmar logo on their website.... https://www.games-workshop.com/en-GB/Warhammer 

Malign Portents_Age Of Sigmar Logo.png

I think it will mostly be a narrative release tomorrow with plastic to come a little later.  I'm excited either way honestly, a new army would be great but a progression of the storyline is much needed and something I really am looking forward to as well.

I also need time to finish painting my current project before wanting to take on a new one.

I don't know that Nurgle stuff will get in the way too much. The first preorders drop for that this weekend, and with the amount of stuff in it, it could easily be just two weeks worth(I think the leaked prices/dates match up with that), meaning the last  Nurgle stuff his store shelves on the 20th. I think tomorrow we start getting real substantiative information about what's going on and then next week we get "real" information on books and models upcoming, similar to the info drops we got on the 7 days of Nurgle, and then on the 14th they'll announce that preorders will start on the 20th(either for the whole thing or wave 1 depending on how big the release is).

7 minutes ago, Pariah-Miniatures said:

ome more otherworldly celestial seraphon..

I've wondered that since the slann are basically summoning dead lizardmen that died in the old world(at least I think that's the lore, but I could be wrong), does that mean we're effectively never going to see them evolve?

3 hours ago, Acid_Nine said:

that would be interesting, but as long as we are speculating on returns I'm hoping for abhorash the first blood dragon. it always was a shame he never got rules, but with him being left out of the end times maybe he's been in the realm of chaos this entire time fighting demons like some sort of fantasy doom guy?

There is a line about a character that sounds very much like him in an AoS novel apparently. I think Neferata asked him to train her warriors if I am remembering right.

5 minutes ago, AverageBoss said:

There is a line about a character that sounds very much like him in an AoS novel apparently. I think Neferata asked him to train her warriors if I am remembering right.

Oh, which one? cause holy ****** that may determine how I style some of my army!

Wouldn't worry too much anyway. The way the prices are going plastic Blood Knights might actually cost more than the Finecast ones!

Just look at the Beast of Nurgle :P

Pretty hyped to see what's going to come with the Malign Portents announcement. If I had to predict, probably a preview of whats going on and a look at a new boxed set/faction to come. I really like the idea that someone else suggested of Deathrattle vs Slaves to Darkness. That being said, I don't really want 2 new push fit factions, especially since a lot of that stuff is already in plastic. So could see a Blightwar-esque style box where they have full model kits (+some of the new kits to be released).

That's what I would hope anyway. I think it's going to be the ultimate buzzkill if we're basically just told "Hey guys, Nagash is up to his nasty stuff and people are converging on Shyish! Tune in at the end of the month to find out more!".

25 minutes ago, someone2040 said:

That's what I would hope anyway. I think it's going to be the ultimate buzzkill if we're basically just told "Hey guys, Nagash is up to his nasty stuff and people are converging on Shyish! Tune in at the end of the month to find out more!".

I think we need to re-align our expectations. I don't think we're going to get a lot... it can't overshadow Nurgle... and Malign Portants will probably run throughout 2018. 

GW does need to watch out not to bum people out.

Five hours to go...

Just realized the site is going to launch between 2 and 5 in the morning here in the states. I don't want to pull the "Elitest American" card, but don't we deserve a bit more attention than China, Japan, Indo-China, and that penal colony ya'll charge an arm and a leg to? Don't we buy enough models to at least deserve a 7-10 AM newsbreak? Especially since we pay more than you charge the Brits based on exchange rates?

Archived