Malign Portents

Will Myers

10 minutes ago, Sete said:

I want new skellies. (Considering that they were recently reboxed I doubt that will happen.)

2 days and 21 hours. Almost there 

Considering the reboxing + the Shadespire warband being some classical Skellies, I don't think we'll get new one. But I hope for a proper Deathrattle army (as they weren't in the GHB2017 Allegiance abilities, like Nurgle who just got Maggotkin...).

So the countdown ends this Thursday around 11:00 ?

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
21 minutes ago, Sete said:

Nagash is back after a power nap.

Bob the builder is a stormcast.

I want new skellies. (Considering that they were recently reboxed I doubt that will happen.)

2 days and 21 hours. Almost there 

Sete, think of the zombies! 

99120207001_ZombiesNEW02.jpg

We need new zombies by nagash. D: 

Just now, shinros said:

Sete, think of the zombies! 

99120207001_ZombiesNEW02.jpg

We need new zombies by nagash. D: 

Zombies! That would be a welcome addition!

There is something appealing about controlling a horse of mindless servants to do your biding. Muahahhaha.

Just now, Sete said:

Zombies! That would be a welcome addition!

There is something appealing about controlling a horse of mindless servants to do your biding. Muahahhaha.

Well on facebook about a year and a half ago they said they will see what nagash can conjure up on the zombie front. I am praying with all my might that we get new zombies. If they do I will get some circle movement trays and go to town. 

2 hours ago, wayniac said:

What's funny is, the trickle of information that actually tells you nothing has just gotten me frustrated and caring less about it, just because everything isn't actually telling us a thing.  It's hard to speculate or get excited for something that you're literally being told nothing about beyond "Haha wait and see".  it's obnoxious and frustrating and is a big part of why I feel that a lot of people are going to be disappointed, simply because it won't live up to the artificial hype due to not giving a single update of any substance.

I think the difference is you're more focused on the carrot. It matters to you what the end result translates to in practical terms more than it does to me. I'm after the journey to the reveal, not the outcome. Once I know what's coming I get about a day to be excited about it then it just slots into my checklist for the future.

I'm thouroughly enjoying letting my imagination run wild while we wait for the timer to tick down. And I know from similar experiences that so long as I don't actively dislike what it is, I'll be perfectly happy with the Grand Reveal and seeing what I got wrong.

It's rare for me to have anything movies, TV, Videogames, warhammer, etc. That I don't know every detail about from the moment I get interested in it. So things like this have a kind of novelty to me.

I saw the video thumbnail and thought 'Wow! Are they doing something with the warrior priests/flagellants?'
Its a Stormcast engineer though. I don't like all these 'fleshy' Stormcast (faces/skin), and I was (vainly) hoping that there would be less technology in AoS, removing gunpowder technology, excluding Duardin variants, and focusing on the mystical aspect. That's obviously not the case with the Freeguild/Ironweld, and potentially the new Stormcast Chamber. Oh well, my Stormcast won't be getting new reinforcements any time soon. :P

I really have no idea where they are going with the Malign Portents. I hope the death side is cool though, and that other factions get new releases soon.

1 hour ago, S133arcanite said:

This is so annoying. I mean, the models fine, but yet more stormcast?

I think this everytime I see Chaos models tbh. I know it's not exactly the same thing, but chaos are the least 'alliance' and most 'really really really big army' of the GAs (death just seems like a single smallish army most of the time) and end up pretty much being split up into 'Skaven' and Chaos' for at least me, but probably a lot of players who don't play chaos. From the outside it's really easy to see them as one big army with skaven for backup.

So yeah, some time spent focusing on Death and Destruction is probs best for everyone.

30 minutes ago, SpaceOstrich said:

While I'd rather the Herald wasn't a Stormcast, I just like that there are some infrastructure projects and such happening in the Mortal Realms - and that the Stormcasts aren't a purely military entity.

Indeed, space marines are weapons of war. With the stormcast Sigmar is trying to also bring civilisation back to realms and I like that. 

1 hour ago, shinros said:

Indeed, space marines are weapons of war. With the stormcast Sigmar is trying to also bring civilisation back to realms and I like that. 

I like the free cities thing with firestorm and hope this is a hint that more of that is coming. The fans of the more human type factions should be excited also I would think. With more cities more human armies I would assume.

I like the free cities thing with firestorm and hope this is a hint that more of that is coming. The fans of the more human type factions should be excited also I would think. With more cities more human armies I would assume.

I almost certainly wouldn't play them but I'd love that!

4 hours ago, Turragor said:

The ordinator is cool. Perhaps some sc war engines will  come out a la ruination chamber. 

I have been slowly assembling a SE army in between other stuff and I do like this new fella and will be picking him up at some point. 

I do hope to eventually see an AoS, SE equivalent to a  dreadnaught via Ruination Chamber.  Perhaps utilizing shardglass or whatever it is as a last effort to prevent a Reforging or worse yet... the spirit of a SE being claimed by Nagash or someone else. 

I'm finding it really curious that this whole thing is building up to "something" which apparently kicks off on the 3rd of January. I think everyone agrees that Nagash and the Death armies are going to play a big role in it but we already know that the January actual releases are Chaos focused...

Unless they are going to drop a whole load of Death models and rules with no warning at all I think its going to be a bit of an anti-climax when that timer runs out! 

Stormcast Herald makes me feel we are not getting new elves for a long while yet. I think that what the elves are doing is heavily tied up with whatever they have planned for the Slaanesh story line and since so far we are getting one chaos god a year I am going to assume that I have to wait until next year for elves and slaanesh.

Its a good excuse to collect a Death army while i'm waiting :D 

I would also have hoped for something else than SC for a change, but I have to agree that the engineer is a really nice model. Other than that, I'm getting really anxious on seeing what they have come up with for the death. Just undercoated my sepulchar guard and I'm very impressed on the models and wouldn't mind having more of them :)

11 minutes ago, Rhivan said:

I know I'm a bit behind but once I saw the gravestone with Isabella on it I've been REALLY hoping for Isabella and Vlad back.

Where are people getting this from?  The grave in "The Valley" has indecipherable lettering, but I've seen a few people saying it says "ISABELLA" on it.

4 minutes ago, wayniac said:

Where are people getting this from?  The grave in "The Valley" has indecipherable lettering, but I've seen a few people saying it says "ISABELLA" on it.

From the same source that said there's a Mew under that truck. Just use strength. 

1 hour ago, wayniac said:

You're right, I was reading this first and in my excitement commented, and then looked at the video myself and was disappointed.

Archived