Malign Portents

Will Myers

I'm not sure if everybody read the leaked WD short stories, but it does seem the reversed triangles are references to upside down pyramids that float around in Nagashizzar and they specifically mention Nagash creating something new to add to his armies.  Finding out what Nagash's hobby goals of 2018 were, is what I'm most curious about. 

That and finding out how Deathrattle will be expanded (and if it's going to bring any units back that were scrapped with TKs like archers/chariots/....)

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
34 minutes ago, Moonlightwolf said:

Some of Josh Reynolds stories mention some of Neferata's blood knights being trained by "The Blood Dragon" so I hope this comes true.

I'm getting to the point where I'm so freakin' curious what's actually coming that I'm actually beyond caring/speculating/wishlisting; the only thing I want to know is whay it IS!

Seriously, this has been masterwork for GW. As someone who is constantly bouncing around ferreting out every rumor/leak whatever that I can possibly find it's pretty cool/infuriating that even with full WD leaks and multiple near perfect leaks on the past few releases that we don't know a goddam thing about this beyond 'death is in it'.

1 hour ago, Burf said:

I'm getting to the point where I'm so freakin' curious what's actually coming that I'm actually beyond caring/speculating/wishlisting; the only thing I want to know is whay it IS!

Seriously, this has been masterwork for GW. As someone who is constantly bouncing around ferreting out every rumor/leak whatever that I can possibly find it's pretty cool/infuriating that even with full WD leaks and multiple near perfect leaks on the past few releases that we don't know a goddam thing about this beyond 'death is in it'.

What's funny is, the trickle of information that actually tells you nothing has just gotten me frustrated and caring less about it, just because everything isn't actually telling us a thing.  It's hard to speculate or get excited for something that you're literally being told nothing about beyond "Haha wait and see".  it's obnoxious and frustrating and is a big part of why I feel that a lot of people are going to be disappointed, simply because it won't live up to the artificial hype due to not giving a single update of any substance.

.. but NO pictures of the Order Herald miniature.. :|

At 00:45: ".. a Celestrial Observatory rose.."  This looks muck like the "Skullvane Mance / Lair of the Astromancer" scenery that GW produced about 7 years ago.. I wonder if they are going to re-launch its production.. I bought one on eBay about 2 years ago at almost double its original price.. 

Hmm, I am a bit  disappointed with the new Stormcast miniature. First because I hoped that the Order Hero would be something else than a Stormcast and secondly.. An engineer Stormcast doesn't do it for me... I hoped that engineers and such would stay as normal humans.. .

If it needed to be a Stormcast hero, than I would prefered somekind of heavly armoured battlemage hurling firebals... .

Sigh.  Another stormcast.  You'd think they would realize by now people are tired of them.  At least it's hopeful there will be more things coming during the year, although now I wonder if we're going to see another new Stormcast chamber like we did last year after "Tzaanuary"

I could not stand the Ordinator at first glance, but he is really growing on me. I think the paintjob is highly stylised and cartoonish and that does not do the miniature any favors. I would have preferred, like others, a free people or collegiate arcane engineer-astrologist, but a Stormcast is, in the end, no big surprise.

The video mostly confirms what we know or thought, but it is nice that the info is getting more detailed.

I really feel the mystic could have been more creative in design (yes, even if it is just a background character). Just going "mystic = sloppy copy of a far eastern monk" really seems out of place in a setting like AoS. So far the setting has been really good about avoiding the pitfalls of basing fantasy of existing cultures, so I think that might just be a bit of creative carelesness from the PR team.

The extremely hammy voice acting on the Stormcast was a nice touch.

Oh, and we have confirmation that the heralds are not named/unique, which is something that really makes me happy.

@Skarloc: Yeah, I noticed that it looks exactly like the old terrain kit. The entire range really fits AoS and the free cities and there are rules, so one can only hope the line might get relaunched.

The ordinator is cool. Perhaps some sc war engines will  come out a la ruination chamber. 

The vid though seems focused on a neutral monk or mystic that has no stake in the godly wars which is even more interesting. 

His soul is his own. But will it stay that way? And is the monk just a vehicle for that story or the start of something else?

8 minutes ago, Turragor said:

The ordinator is cool. Perhaps some sc war engines will  come out a la ruination chamber. 

The vid though seems focused on a neutral monk or mystic that has no stake in the godly wars which is even more interesting. 

His soul is his own. But will it stay that way? And is the monk just a vehicle for that story or the start of something else?

This "Elias" is really interesting ; I bet at the end of the Portents he is turned into an undead by Nagash ;)

The Lord-Ordinator is really good, interesting take on different concept. And more than another Chamber, I hope it brings some new buildings / castle for AOS, with siege rules (like the rumored "Stormkeep")

Even if I'm disapointed by the fact it's another Stormcast i really like the scultp. I really wish it was a shadow/light aelf instead :|

Also I love the fact that they used the Dragon Age Origin theme song in that little intro btw

Malign Portents - The Builder

Order. Chaos. Destruction. Death.

I had no stake in their endless war. My soul was my own.
Pledged to neither God nor Daemon. I was just a watcher, nothing more.
Sending forth my spirit. Seeking the whispers of faith on the wind.
Observing the deeds that shaped this new Age.

And change, once more, came upon us.
A Celestrial Observatory rose.
Beneath the stern gaze of a Lord Ordinator.
An arcane war engineer, amongst the God King's Storm Hosts.

The answer he saw .. through secret calculation. An heavenly stride comes at last.
The future is revealed by the light of distant stars and the dance of unseen energies.
All of these observations lead to: Shyish, the Real of Death, where a dark solstice dawns.
These signs, these portents, what dread new malignancy.. 
rose within the borders of Nagash's great domain.

I needed more answers.

Archived