Firestorm Campaign Questions

scourn99

Me and my friends are going to start an age of sigmar escalation campaign. I was looking at the Seasons of war Firestorm. Looks like a nice board with reusable stickers which is cool.

Question on anyone whos played it.

Whats the average game in points? We are looking to do a 400-500 paint play a month kinda deal. (first month 500, second 1000, third 1500 etc)  Would this support it or is it for bigger games?

Would this support 3 of the same alliances? Group has 1 Death and 3 chaos players. Seems like it might but I want to make sure.

We played firestorm at my FLGS a while back, and the points you use is random. You get a number of army points from the cards you draw. By default, each army point = 100 points, so you have armies from 600-2000 points, with the average being around 1200-1500 out the door. At my FLGS we did each army point = 50 points so that we could play quicker games and didn't need to push a hundred models across the table. This made games around 600-750 out the door, capped at 1000.

Its always luck of the draw, but after you upgrade and build you might be closer to the 1800-2000 (900-1000) point range average after 5 or so campaign turns.

Red's suggestions are good ones!  Also, with Firestorm, you are also allowed to agree to a points amount with your opponent if you want.  But, starting with the 5- pts/Muster point is a good way to start and then you could just agree on points if both opponents want to play a different level.

Yes, three chaos armies will be fine.  The only consideration is that armies from the same Grand Alliance can put down temples which help the Grand Alliance or an army-specific temple.  To make it fair, you may just suggestion everyone only put down an army-specific temple so the 3 Chaos players don't get an advantage.

Thanks for the tips!

I ended up grabbing it and am very impressed with the quality of it all.

The 50 points per muster seems like a good start. Ill take a look at the decks to see what the worst/best possible outcome is at that and maybe try to scale it that way.

50 for first month, 75 ish for second month  (trying to hit that 1k mark) then normal there on out.

Archived