Archaon 2000pt Army

Slaves2darkness

Greetings,

I currently have a 1510 point army of Slaves to Darkness.  I am considering buying Archaon, but realize he is 700 points.  What do you guys feel would be best to remove from my current army to make room for Archaon.  I realize I would be losing the Slaves to Darkness allegiance so would I have the undivided allegiance?  Any suggestions/tips would be awesome. 

Chaos Lord on Manticore- 250

Chaos Sorcerer Lord- 160

Chaos Warriors (15)- 270

Chaos Warriors (15)- 270

Chaos Knights (5)- 160

Gorebeast Chariot- 100

Hellcannon- 300

Total:1510

Cutting the Chaos Sorc Lord and changing the Chaos Lord on Manticore to a Chaos Sorc on Manticore leaves you with exactly 700 points free, enough for Archaon.  Or cut the Chaos Sorc Lord and a unit of Warriors down to 10.  

Is the Hellcannon the only thing you can't mark in the army? Might be worth seeing what can replace it if you want to run a specific allegiance.

8 hours ago, Uveron said:

I would drop the Hellcannon, its over priced for what it does these days! That should give you the extra points for Archaon, and another 100 for another champ or something. 

Also you could mark everything slaanesh and take the pretender trait. Just because ;) 

or the invaders And taking three generals. Also just because ;) 

but on a more serious note. Dropping your hellcannon will allow you to take a single keyword (Khorne on your sorcerer is an exception) and gives you acces to those traits and artifacts. For example the destiny dice of tzeentch or the pretenders, letting every 10+ unit re-roll ones to hit. But more importantly gives archaon acces to ‘allure of slaanesh’ meaning to hit him is at -1 in combat. 

Archived