Gore-what, jagged-who?

Ratatatata

A month ago I picked up a box of Ironjaws from a friend. Mostly unpainted stuff, somewhere close to 1500 points. Got them cheap, bought a few extra models and just went at it. Normally I spend way to much time planning my armies and paint schemes, and then spend even more time painting. Like forever. So, this time I just wanted to throw it out there. Speed-painted it as quick as I could, just a few sittings and tried to just get it done quick. Might sound odd, but I found it really fun and relaxing!

Anyways, I never really cared about what I got. I wanted a cabbage, some pigs, and brutes. And brutes I got! So, now I have somewhere around 2000 points, and I'm gonna take them out for a game this weekend. And I just realized, I have NO idea what kind of brutes is what.

So, I really need some help with getting that sorted. :)

I THINk this is the gore-choppa, right? Funny thing is I've got 4 of theese. No idea why :)

IJ1.jpg.73b3756e35346c3ca8356e01be3eaa09.jpg

Then there's this one. Is this the "Jagged gore-hacka"? Seven of theese, so, ok...?

IJ2.jpg.c7fa3bbe17e10073277c7e1eb9c70979.jpg

And then there´s another seven of theese. I guess theese is the "two brute choppas"?

IJ3.jpg.3472ff9144079873c0330e4d06e6b1d5.jpg

I've also got a few ones that have a claw-thingy, guess they're the bosses huh?

hope someone could help me out :) Please be gentle, theese are as I've said very, very speed-painted...

You are correct!  You are allowed 1x Gore choppa per 5 models (regardless of the unit size)...sounds like you've got 20 Brutes, so that would be right.

Consensus is to use the 2-handed weapons in blocks of 10, and the dual-wielders in blocks of 5.  The 2-handed weapons have extra range so you will get more into combat when you get charged, can hit over the top of a shield wall, etc.  The dual-wielders have an extra attack each.

How many "claw-thingy" guys do you have?  Yeah, he is your Boss - and he's amazing!  Especially with the Mighty Waagh! Command Ability.  I'm guessing you have 2 by process of elimination?  If so you are gonna be running 2x blocks of 10:

1x Boss

2x Gore Choppa

7x Normal weapons

8 hours ago, PlasticCraic said:

You are correct!  You are allowed 1x Gore choppa per 5 models (regardless of the unit size)...sounds like you've got 20 Brutes, so that would be right.

Consensus is to use the 2-handed weapons in blocks of 10, and the dual-wielders in blocks of 5.  The 2-handed weapons have extra range so you will get more into combat when you get charged, can hit over the top of a shield wall, etc.  The dual-wielders have an extra attack each.

How many "claw-thingy" guys do you have?  Yeah, he is your Boss - and he's amazing!  Especially with the Mighty Waagh! Command Ability.  I'm guessing you have 2 by process of elimination?  If so you are gonna be running 2x blocks of 10:

1x Boss

2x Gore Choppa

7x Normal weapons

Cheers! Great! 

Yeah, I think I have two claw-people so I could do the set-up you suggested. I’ll try it this weekend. Thanks! 

Archived