heywoah_twitch

On 4/3/2018 at 8:47 PM, heywoah_twitch said:

Not him, but I'm on mixed order the last few months (and that's what I took to Adepticon last weekend).

I did a 3-part YouTube Report here though it is obv off topic as it wasn't beastclaw.

I'm interested as well in what @Soup Dragon is playing these days or his thoughts on stuff, but I imagine it's like me: Moved on to things worth playing while we wait for GHB18 buffs.

For reference, the Beastclaw list I would have ran at Adepticon:

2x huskard on thundertusk (general with everwinter and pelt)

2x butcher ally with cauldrons

4x mournfang, 4x mournfang, 2x mournfang, 2x mournfang - all w/ hackers

2,000 points

I like your videos! Scratches an itch for a discussion about true competition in what's mostly a game about something else (the ephemeral 'hobby', the love of the game).

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 04/04/2018 at 5:28 PM, Skabnoze said:

I really hope they do something good with these armies that have Battletomes but are still being left behind.  I realize that GW has always had issues with creep and that Age of Sigmar has had some serious growing pains, but they can do better (and should).  It is sad to see a number of armies that are so very nice visually (ie: Ironjawz or Beastclaw) end up frustrating people who choose them.

I agree on this as well, the power creep is slowly settling in and its hurting a good few armies that actually do have battletomes now or even army rules. 

And from what i can see, destruction is taking this pretty hard too. Order has a good number of solid factions that do pretty good on the battlefield, i can't speak from a tournament standpoint on armies because what little i did play was pretty much casual. Chaos is in the same boat as order, with a slow steady rise of some hard hitting armies, and heck, even death is much harder now due to the new battletome that buffs up pretty much the alliance rather than the faction. 

Sadly for destruction we have a small number of factions, 3 battletomes which are great fluff reads. And you are right, destruction has some of the best visual armies as well as lore driven ones too. But it feels like destruction is being slowly left behind at this rate, or suffering from the couple of lists syndrome. Bonesplitterz is a good example with most army lists consisting of a kunning arrow spam, just because its the best offence they have. 

I do hope that destruction gets some buffs in the near future, as well as its factions. Because destruction is just an interesting alliance, no right or wrong, just brutal fun ^^

Archived