The changeling punish misdirection ruling, /faq

Bethorina

Hi all

Me and my friends have a question regarding the changeling misdirection ability for those who don't know it says choose a unit in the enemy hero phase and they half their move until the next hero phase does it apply to a units move in the movement phase or all forms of movement such as charging pile in running and retreating etc? 

3 hours ago, Bethorina said:

Hi all

Me and my friends have a question regarding the changeling misdirection ability for those who don't know it says choose a unit in the enemy hero phase and they half their move until the next hero phase does it apply to a units move in the movement phase or all forms of movement such as charging pile in running and retreating etc? 

The text capitalizes the word "Move", this means they are referring to specifically the "Move" characteristic on the warscroll, not any sort of "movement".  

8 hours ago, Bethorina said:

Hi all

Unfortunately it’s not clear and no official answer has been given to date. The only place that defines ‘move’ is the faq which states that it’s normal move, charge and pile in.  So could be read both ways  

Upto each TO to rule at this stage. 

54 minutes ago, Countmoore said:

Unfortunately it’s not clear and no official answer has been given to date. The only place that defines ‘move’ is the faq which states that it’s normal move, charge and pile in.  So could be read both ways  

Upto each TO to rule at this stage. 

This is just it hopefully they will clarify in the next faq etc 

Looking at other rules Move with a capital is used to mean the characteristic (sometimes specifying the Characteristic) - I would assume this to be the case here.

By contrast "a move" would clearly not mean the Move characteristic. It could of course be clearer.

Archived