Deadly terrain

Gobr

Question

Since the roll for being killed by Deadly terrain is by model and do not follow the regular assigning wounds mechanic, would it be ok to roll these as each model makes its move or must I complete all the movement for the whole unit first?

I understand that it is established that you roll specifically for example standard bearers, champions, musicians and such and can't take generic models instead of them as casualties.

Here's an example where this would be interesting for me to do:

I have a unit of 40 Flagellants, and have had three die from Damned terrain in the hero phase. So now each model are on three attacks, but if two more dies they get four each. They are standing next to some Deadly terrain and roll high in order to make a say 5 inch charge. The first Flagellant is moved not through Deadly to end within half an inch of the enemy. I now want to kill of exactly two of my flagellants by charging through the deadly terrain. Can I move a model through it, roll to see if it dies, then move another, roll to see if it dies and so on until I hopefully kill of two models and then I do not move through the Deadly terrain anymore?

The rules are:

Deadly: Roll a dice for any model that makes a run or charge move across, or finishing on, this terrain feature. On a roll of 1 the model is slain.

I like the Flagellant models so I'm trying hard to make them useful :)

3 answers to this question

Archived