The Secret of Steel-an order Barbarian Blog-

Arael

*OLDER PHOTOS HAVE BEEN TAKEN DOWN, NEW ONE ARE ON PAGE 2*

Fire and wind come from the sky, from the gods of the sky. But Crom is your god, Crom and he lives in the earth. Once, giants lived in the Earth, Conan. And in the darkness of chaos, they fooled Crom, and they took from him the enigma of steel. Crom was angered. And the Earth shook. Fire and wind struck down these giants, and they threw their bodies into the waters, but in their rage, the gods forgot the secret of steel and left it on the battlefield. We who found it are just men. Not gods. Not giants. Just men. The secret of steel has always carried with it a mystery. You must learn its riddle, Conan. You must learn its discipline. For no one - no one in this world can you trust. Not men, not women, not beasts.

[Points to sword]This you can trust."

And sooooooo another blog :D

It's been a long time since I want to convert my own free people and now I 've got the right inspiration!

I want a classic of fantasy the good barbarian!

Here are the first 3 member ( I'm thinking when I ve finished the bases conversion for every model to add fur boots to all of them)

IMG-20171202-_WA0042-1.jpg

IMG-20171202-_WA0049-1.jpg

IMG-20171202-_WA0038-1.jpg

IMG-20171202-_WA0052-1.jpg

Comments and critics welcomed.

Edited by Arael
  • Like 13

On 12/2/2017 at 10:38 PM, Arael said:

Fire and wind come from the sky, from the gods of the sky. But Crom is your god, Crom and he lives in the earth. Once, giants lived in the Earth, Conan. And in the darkness of chaos, they fooled Crom, and they took from him the enigma of steel. Crom was angered. And the Earth shook. Fire and wind struck down these giants, and they threw their bodies into the waters, but in their rage, the gods forgot the secret of steel and left it on the battlefield. We who found it are just men. Not gods. Not giants. Just men. The secret of steel has always carried with it a mystery. You must learn its riddle, Conan. You must learn its discipline. For no one - no one in this world can you trust. Not men, not women, not beasts.

[Points to sword]This you can trust."

And sooooooo another blog :D

It's been a long time since I want to convert my own free people and now I 've got the right inspiration!

I want a classic of fantasy the good barbarian!

Here are the first 3 member ( I'm thinking when I ve finished the bases conversion for every model to add fur boots to all of them)

IMG-20171202-_WA0042-1.jpg

IMG-20171202-_WA0049-1.jpg

IMG-20171202-_WA0038-1.jpg

IMG-20171202-_WA0052-1.jpg

Comments and critics welcomed.

Those Acalytes just keep on giving ;) 
I use them as a base too, fantastic models. Tricky to get the heads on right but you seem to have nailed that part! 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, FractalRain said:

These look spectacular!  Would you might sharing how you will use them, i.e. what Free People unit these represent; suspect a Stormcast?  Also, I can see you used the Kairic Acolyte bodies, but where did you get the heads?  Thanks!

Hi !tnk for ur appreciation! :D

The heads come from the space wolves grey hunters.

About how I will use them rulewise I think they will be vulkite berserker, lorewise they are free people.

1 hour ago, Kramer said:

Those Acalytes just keep on giving ;) 
I use them as a base too, fantastic models. Tricky to get the heads on right but you seem to have nailed that part! 

Tnk u very much!

• Like 1

Some more friend with boots and fur resculpted :D

20171207_192058.jpg20171207_192111.jpg

20171207_192131.jpg

In this last one I still have to do boots and the fur loincloth but I have redone the shoulder where the fur before seem like it was rigid and straight (u can see the difference in the second post)

C&c welcomed :D

• Like 2

They are starting to look Very Cool! 

I do have one other critical observation. (and this one may be a hard to fix).  A number of the models with 'shoulder pads' have straps modeled showing how it is 'secured' to the torso, Others do not.  You may try and make something that looks like rope with green stuff and use that. But it is the final missing detail. 

• Like 1

On 8/12/2017 at 1:40 PM, Uveron said:

They are starting to look Very Cool! 

I do have one other critical observation. (and this one may be a hard to fix).  A number of the models with 'shoulder pads' have straps modeled showing how it is 'secured' to the torso, Others do not.  You may try and make something that looks like rope with green stuff and use that. But it is the final missing detail. 

Tnk u for comments and ideas! maybe I will do it ,  just need to check how much it will take and how much improve the overall look :D

Another little update on the remaining model of this first batch:

20171210_174031-1.jpg

20171210_181359-1.jpg

20171210_185458-1.jpg

20171210_185509-1.jpg

And a group shot 

20171210_191243-1.jpg

C&C welcomed!

• Like 3

58 minutes ago, Arael said:

Tnk u for comments and ideas! maybe I will do it ,  just need to check how much it will take and how much improve the overall look :D

Another little update on the remaining model of this first batch:

20171210_174031-1.jpg

20171210_181359-1.jpg

20171210_185458-1.jpg

And a group shot 

C&C welcomed!

Looking great! Just a quick tip before you undercoat, some of the hammersurfaces have left over mould edges. You know the little points that attached them to the sprue. See you pictures above. Quick fix with great improvement is to file them away.

See also the left arm of the long haired warrior. 

Edited by Kramer
spotted more
  • Like 3

11 minutes ago, Kramer said:

Looking great! Just a quick tip before you undercoat, some of the hammersurfaces have left over mould edges. You know the little points that attached them to the sprue. See you pictures above. Quick fix with great improvement is to file them away.

See also the left arm of the long haired warrior. 

Tnk u mate!

ye I know I will clean them before painting : D 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Pigbones said:

I'm curious where your patches of fur came from?

Also, what shields were you planning on giving to them?

The patches of fur come from 2 different bits set of maxmini .

For the shield I'm still choosing between vulkite berserker 's one and space wolves wulfen/ thunder wolf

• Thanks 1

Wonderful conversions you've got here, full of character but still very cohesive as an army. Plus it's always awesome to see someone doing a human army other than Renaissance Germans (that's one area the AoS model line really doesn't live up to its background)!

Looking forward to seeing the finished result :)

• Thanks 1

15 hours ago, Arael said:

The patches of fur come from 2 different bits set of maxmini .

For the shield I'm still choosing between vulkite berserker 's one and space wolves wulfen/ thunder wolf

Also, I think the Wolf shields would work more than the Vulkite shields. That said, they would both fit well enough.

• Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...

The posing is really great. Only thing I can think off, and that's if you push me,  is that the hammer might be a tad large. But it also gives it a certain brutal feel to it. So it's personal flavour I guess. 

But all the greenstuff work looks really good. Think the remaking will be invisible after the first coat of paint. Really great work!  

The posing is really great. Only thing I can think off, and that's if you push me,  is that the hammer might be a tad large. But it also gives it a certain brutal feel to it. So it's personal flavour I guess. 

But all the greenstuff work looks really good. Think the remaking will be invisible after the first coat of paint. Really great work!  

• Thanks 1

On 29/12/2017 at 1:32 PM, Kramer said:

Tnk for ur reply :D yep the hammer could be a bit large but I like the final effect :D

Another two warrior ready to crush head in sigmar's name :

20180104_192349-1.jpg

20180104_192432-1.jpg

20180104_192644-1.jpg

20180104_192656-1.jpg

C&C Welcomed! :D

• Like 2

18 hours ago, Swooper said:

Can't wait to see you start painting those!

Tnk u very much!

I have to do 60 of them :P now I have done 13, I will work in block of 20, as soon as i've finished the first 20 i will start to paint them.

Between some block I could insert some Heroes (the Lord is already on the way).

BTW here we have the next Warrior:

20180105_170459-1.jpg20180105_170353-1.jpg

• Like 1