God Mode Exalted Keeper Slaanesh 2K Army

themortalgod

So toying with a list concept that is designed around supporting an Exalted Greater Daemon of Slaanesh and buffing her to ridiculous levels of power. This is what I've come up with:

Allegiance Slaanesh - Pretenders 

Exalted Keeper of Secrets - 500pts, General, Allure of Slaanesh, Supremely Vain, Breathtaker

Chaos Sorcerer Lord - 160px, Slaanesh, Horse

5x Hellstriders - Both Banners - 100pts

5x Hellstriders - Both Banners - 100pts

20 Daemonettes - 200pts

20 Daemonettes - 200pts

20 Daemonettes - 200pts

5x Marauder Horsemen - 90pts Javelins, Slaanesh

Total: 2000pts

So basically the idea is to get that Exalted Keeper as ridiculously strong as possible. With Allure and Hellstriders nearby she is -2 to be hit with +1 to cast Mystic shield thanks to being Supremely Vain which means a 2+ save that re-rolls 1s thanks to the sorcerer lord. On the off chance she is facing something that actually threatens her breathtaker means she guarantees she gets her full complement of attacks against it 2/3 of the time before it gets to swing.  Then in terms of combat power, she is rocking 7x 2+/3+ (re-rolling 1s on both) -1 rend 2 damage attacks and 2x 3+/2+ and 4x 3+/2+ attacks at -2 rend and 3 damage each. (Also re-rolling 1s to hit and wound). Then if thats not enough she can command ability herself to attack twice. Big investment but a ridiculously resilient model. Her only major weakness is mortal wound spam. 

Then to support her I tossed in 3 reasonable blocks of daemonettes to control space and take objectives while a triad of javelin marauder horsemen units get tasked with rushing up and trying to snipe squishy casters who would be a mortal wound threat to the big lady while being a general nuisance. 

Thoughts? Opinions? Cheers!

You should always play 10 or 30 Daemonettes, because when you play 20 you'll lose your bonus after 1 loss instead of 11 and you get a discount for 30. It's the same for all demons.

The exalted seeker chariots are also nice IIRC (I'm not an expert, so someone else will probably give you an actual analysis).

22 minutes ago, spenson said:

You should always play 10 or 30 Daemonettes, because when you play 20 you'll lose your bonus after 1 loss instead of 11 and you get a discount for 30. It's the same for all demons.

The exalted seeker chariots are also nice IIRC (I'm not an expert, so someone else will probably give you an actual analysis).

Personally, I rate the value of the 20man unit bonus as pretty trivial. If 15 nettes get into range to swing (about as many as you can ever really hope for at once), that results in 5 extra attacks at 4+/4+ which results in all of 1.25 extra wounds. Just not worth investing in imo and I find 30 man units become pretty unwieldy for a force that thrives on agility.  I have come to like 20 because it gives you that nice front rank of 10-15 to fight with and a few extra bodies to absorb wounds but it isn't this giant blob that struggles to maneuver. Imo its one of the most lackluster big unit bonuses in the entire game. 

I've always been torn on the chariots, they are cool models. (well the chariots are, not a fan of modern daemonettes at all) but they don't really bring much in terms of tactical diversity.  They are just more: "lots of low quality attacks" that most everything in slaanesh brings but consolidated into fewer wounds per point spent. For example if you compare an Exalted Chariot to 5x Seekers, the Seekers cost 20pts less, have 1 more wound, can regain slain models, have more rider attacks,  more steed attacks, and are faster.  The chariot just gets a 50/50 shot at doing a couple mortal wounds on the charge in comparison. Doesn't seem worth it.

Bear in mind Breathtaker doesn't guarnatee you'll strike first, even if you do roll a 3+. It only means that the enemy unit must be the last one to fight out of all units your opponent has in combat. So if your opponent has one big threat that charges the Daemon while everything else hangs back, it may end up being useless - if they don't have any other eligible units, they still get to go first with their one big threat.

Personally I prefer the Enrapturing Circlet, since it prevents enemies from retreating, giving you more chances to kill them in combat before they heal themselves, shoot you, and/or magic you to death. Obviously that's not so useful against melee threats, but between the -2 to hit and the 2+ re-rollable save, I'd say you have that reasonably well covered already.

18 minutes ago, Squirrelmaster said:

Bear in mind Breathtaker doesn't guarnatee you'll strike first, even if you do roll a 3+. It only means that the enemy unit must be the last one to fight out of all units your opponent has in combat. So if your opponent has one big threat that charges the Daemon while everything else hangs back, it may end up being useless - if they don't have any other eligible units, they still get to go first with their one big threat.

Personally I prefer the Enrapturing Circlet, since it prevents enemies from retreating, giving you more chances to kill them in combat before they heal themselves, shoot you, and/or magic you to death. Obviously that's not so useful against melee threats, but between the -2 to hit and the 2+ re-rollable save, I'd say you have that reasonably well covered already.

Interesting, didn't think of that. Though, tbh, I kinda feel like all 6 slaanesh items are really crappy. Figured that one was the best as it had a decent use case. I suspect if something can stand up to two full rounds of swings against the keeper, there won't be much left of them to retreat. Maybe just go for the crown... idk, I wish we had some better options for weapons. 

On 12/1/2017 at 9:13 PM, themortalgod said:

I've always been torn on the chariots, they are cool models. (well the chariots are, not a fan of modern daemonettes at all) but they don't really bring much in terms of tactical diversity.  They are just more: "lots of low quality attacks" that most everything in slaanesh brings but consolidated into fewer wounds per point spent. For example if you compare an Exalted Chariot to 5x Seekers, the Seekers cost 20pts less, have 1 more wound, can regain slain models, have more rider attacks,  more steed attacks, and are faster.  The chariot just gets a 50/50 shot at doing a couple mortal wounds on the charge in comparison. Doesn't seem worth it.

Good analysis on the slaanesh chariots. I'm trying to settle on a slaanesh list and also feel underwhelmed with the potential damage output of chariots, despite the number of dice rolled. definitely looks like more seekers would be the better option. Shame the start collecting box has a chariot as I feel inclined to use it if I have it. Perhaps the chariot's value comes in the form of a distracting centerpiece style unit? Unknowing opponents may overestimate their potential and focus on it instead of the more credible threats?

On 12/1/2017 at 4:13 AM, themortalgod said:

The chariot just gets a 50/50 shot at doing a couple mortal wounds on the charge in comparison. Doesn't seem worth it.

I think a "couple" might be an understatement... you roll a dice for each model within 1" on the charge, then have a 50/50 to do d3 mortals. Charge a horde block of small bases, and you could be looking at 10+ rolls. I feel like they excel at taking out elite 1-wound units.

1 hour ago, Agent of Chaos said:

Good analysis on the slaanesh chariots. I'm trying to settle on a slaanesh list and also feel underwhelmed with the potential damage output of chariots, despite the number of dice rolled. definitely looks like more seekers would be the better option. Shame the start collecting box has a chariot as I feel inclined to use it if I have it. Perhaps the chariot's value comes in the form of a distracting centerpiece style unit? Unknowing opponents may overestimate their potential and focus on it instead of the more credible threats?

That may be true, but I generally am not a fan of building strategies around the ignorance of your opponent as it will only really help against opponents you already have an advantage over and also generally only once. I have a feeling that once the slaanesh battletome eventually shows up though Slaanesh chariots are going to get a big boost. (as will the Keeper as she is very weak in comparison to say a Lord of Change at similar points)

Also, I think an argument could be made for the herald on chariot, for 20pts more you get more combat potential as well as better defense and a higher wound body to keep a herald near your seekers and nettes for locus buff.

13 hours ago, Freejack02 said:

I think a "couple" might be an understatement... you roll a dice for each model within 1" on the charge, then have a 50/50 to do d3 mortals. Charge a horde block of small bases, and you could be looking at 10+ rolls. I feel like they excel at taking out elite 1-wound units.

Depends how the enemy is deployed. If they're small bases, base-to-base, and more-or-less rectangular than yeah, 10+ is doable. If your opponent is smart, though, they'll spread out with at least a couple of models in front — once they're 1" apart it's basically impossible to get more than about 2 or 3 within 1" at the end of your charge.

Combined with some clever retreating or sacrificial units, you might force the enemy to bunch up, but for competitive play I think you should assume about 2 mortal wounds on the charge to be average, no matter what you're up against.

9 hours ago, Squirrelmaster said:

If your opponent is smart, though, they'll spread out with at least a couple of models in front — once they're 1" apart it's basically impossible to get more than about 2 or 3 within 1" at the end of your charge.

That's an option, but that leaves them open to be charged by another unit and taking a less effective pile-in (as the bulk of the unit will be a full 1" back from the front couple models). On average the chariot will deal 1mw per model within 1" on the charge, I would bet that's going to be significantly higher than 2 in the vast majority of situations. 

Archived