The Painting Contract - December 2017

Mohojoe

Hello folks and welcome to the Painting Contract for  December 2017 

If you don't know the rules they are:

Each month you post an amount of models that you agree to try to paint/build/convert/sculpt. This can be terrain, models, Warhammer Quest Silver Tower/ Shadows Over Hammerhal, Blood Bowl or Shadespire as well as AoS of course. 

On the 28th of the month the contract closes and you can then post your progress images so that they can be critiqued, shared and boasted about. It is a great way to get involved in the community and to get inspiration.

I'm looking forward to seeing everyone share their progress!

Enjoy!

Mohojoe  & TheOtherJosh

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

With the Christmas break this could be a really good month or a really short one ?

I pledge to get my 3 skull crushers done, one will double as a lord on juggernaut. 

After that I would like to get my kit bashed wrath mongers done, this will be my first foray into green stuff so I am a bit hesitant.

Then either the second squad from space hulk or gorechosen.

No doubt I will buy something that will trump some or all of that haha

Like a coward I didn't pledge anything in November after my Stardrake was done. Things were painted, I promise, but not in a planned order. 

In December thou I pledge a Deamon Prince an as many heroes and adversaries I can from the Shadows over Hammerhal box!

11 minutes ago, Rayvn said:

Slaanesh Lord on Demonic mount

i'll double that ;)

For me it's going to be a busy month but very close to finishing my 1K Slaanesh army

So:

- Slaanesh Lord on daemonic Mount
- Finish Chaos Chariot
- 3 Ogors, to finish them up to 15. 

stretch
- 5 warriors & 10 daemonettes OR
- Chariot and spawn

I'll be humble and realistic this month for what I think I can get done.

• Finish Shadespire Ironskull's Boys
  • Finish Brute Squad

And that's it for now.  In as much as what I feel I can even attempt to do at this point.  This holiday season is going to be rough for me, for many reasons.

That said, my follow up items, should I miraculously get to them, would be as follows (in not particular order):

• Shape wings on Dragon
  • Paint up second Gore-grunta squad
  • Paint up Aleguzzler Gargant
  • Paint up Bones models that stand in for Forge World monsters
  • Acquire and assemble more Brutes
  • Acquire and assemble second Ironjawz SC box
  • Build and paint up some Scenery
  • Oh!  And start basing my Ironjawz army!  I still haven't done anything with them for that yet.

Let's see how the next month goes....  Maybe things will go better than I am expecting.

I'm basically staying home alone from 26th Dec til 4th Jan, so will commit myself to a daily painting schedule of 5 hours or so. Should make a considerable dent in my remaining 1k points of gobbos and trolls. Signed myself up for a 2k tournament in April as a deadline. 

2 minutes ago, Sheriff said:

I'm basically staying home alone from 26th Dec til 4th Jan, so will commit myself to a daily painting schedule of 5 hours or so. Should make a considerable dent in my remaining 1k points of gobbos and trolls. Singed myself up for a 2k tournament in April as a deadline. 

I cannot wait to see it! 

If i am not careful I will end up buying some gobbos before long! (Well them or Scaven) 

2 minutes ago, Uveron said:

I cannot wait to see it! 

If i am not careful I will end up buying some gobbos before long! (Well them or Scaven) 

Thanks! They'll basically look the same as the first 1k, just adding some troll-bros. Its just the general* that worries me with his terrible finecast model 

[* you shouldn't be allowed the title of general with only 6 bravery, surely]

The moonclan and spiderbro models are generaly high quality so can recommend them (the arachnarok is in a special league of high quality, its fantastic). Skaven also look awesome, especially Skryre imho. 

Well, as I've failed both of the pledges I've made so far I'm going to make a very conservative pledge for December.

I will finish the 5 man judicator unit that I'm already working on. I would aim a bit higher if I didn't have both a work trip coming up in December and a long family trip over the holidays as well. My painting time will be quite limited I fear.

OK,  so I met my goals for November (and then some). So for December, I pledge to complete:

• Sorceress/Dreadlord on Black Dragon - assemble and paint
  • 3x Prosecutors - paint
  • 3x Prosecutor-Primes - build using the Neave Blacktalon model as a base, assemble, and paint
  • 2x K'daii Destroyers - kinda OBE at this point, since it isn't an AOS field-able 'thing' but I have two model variants, so would kind of like to finish these...

At that point it will be Christmas and I may have new models to assemble and paint at that point. We'll see...

I have just returned from abroad with over 1200p of Beastmen, the start of my first proper army since I fell out of the hobby around 2003. Consequently, December will be dedicated to building, some light converting and figuring out a painting and basing scheme.

Main goals:

• First things first though: Finish painting the Gaunt Summoner + familiars from my November pledge. Not much left - just some highlights, detail work, OSL and smoothing out some blends really.
  • Build about 12-14 ungors (I have 20, but I'm going to save some of them for a future conversion project)
  • Make colour tests on 2-4 ungors and decide final colour scheme for the army
  • Decide on basing scheme and source materials for it (dependant on the colour scheme obviously).
  • Build 20 gors
  • Build 10 bestigors
  • Build great bray shaman
  • Build beastlord (the Avatars of War one)
  • Convert ungor shaman

Stretch goals

• Build ghorgon
  • Build 1 bullgor (the standard bearer and musician will be converted, and I'll need some parts I don't have yet for them)

I'll set up an army/painting log soon.

Thanks HiveFleetCerberus, I didn't even consider that I could use this for terrain!  On that note, I'm going to try and use it to motivate me for two projects this month.  I am working on a 2x4 ft wooden table for my local Warhammer store to add some hobby space so the other 4 x6 ft space can be used for gaming (allowing more people to do stuff at the same time). It's a bit rustic, but I'm chiseling a Games Workshop logo on the center for fun.

Additionally, my daughter and I started making a piece of death terrain for my step-son and we really need to finish it up!  It is inspired by the following attached image, of the skeletal towers with the flames in the foreground, but we are going to add some tiered walls so he can put models on it.  .

Death castle.png

Haven't dared to take my pledge yet but.. time to man up !

So for my 1st entry :

1. Finish my WIP Steggy *probably gonna be tough as I 've never painted stone before and I want the platform to look as great as possible since I LOVE the model

2. Finish 6 almost finished Saurus Warriors

3. Base those 6 warriors and 10 skinks

Will be really happy if I manage it !

Archived