AngelCore Feedback Forum

Skyel

Hi all, 

With AngelCore 2017 out of the way we would like to collect feedback from players / others about what could be improved and what you would like to see more of next time. 

Please also include what you liked, so that we can make sure we keep delivering. 

We had a blast running the event. Thanks to everyone who came and made it brilliant. 

Once again, thanks to our hosts & sponsors http://www.expleisure.com/ and https://www.magicmadhouse.co.uk/

Matt & Kieron

Awards:

Award Player

Wooden Spoon Patrick
Best Sports Mathew Shereet

Death Steve Curtis
Destruction
George Newbould
Chaos Lewis Swan
Order Adam Cunis

Players Vote Ming
Judges Vote Adam

3rd Adam Cunis
2nd Ben Murphy
1st Joe McGough

Standings

Position P.Number Player Name Club Grand Alliance Allegiance TP KP SEC
1 A23 Joe McGough Hydra Order Stormcast 99 5890 0.3
2 A21 Ben Murphy SLL Order Stormcast 80 7360 0.3
3 A1 Adam Cunis Angel Order Order Draconis 79 7000 0.3
4 A6 Lewis Swan EXP Chaos Khorne Bloodbound 75 5700 0.2
5 A22 Nico SLL Order Fyreslayers 67 7250 0.2
6 A12 Jack Armstong Hydra Order Seraphon 65 7590 0.5
7 A2 Chris Nielsen Hate Chaos Tzeentch 61 6350 0.3
8 A8 Joseph Carr   Order Stormcast 60 5750 0.4
9 A19 Micheal Wills Hyrda Order Stormcast 60 3060 0.1
10 A14 Steve Curtis   Death Soulblight 59 3950 0.2
11 A17 Seb Grose-hodge Angel Order Order 55 4510 0.2
12 A4 Ming Lee Angel Chaos Slannesh 50 2510 0.2
13 A7 Leo Rautonen   Chaos Disciples of Tzeentch 45 5710 0.4
14 A3 George Newbould   Destruction Beastclaw Raiders 43 6510 0.3
15 A5 Owyn Abrams Angel Death Soulblight 40 3480 0.3
16 A15 Dave Busse Hate Order KO 40 3730 0.2
17 A9 James Grant SLL Order Seraphon 40 3720 0.2
18 A25 Thomas Bell   Destruction Ironjawz 40 1490 0.2
19 A18 Declan Wynne SLL Chaos Slannesh 35 3510 0.2
20 A11 Simon Froley EXP Destruction Ironjaws 35 1460 0.2
21 A20 John Greene   Order Sylvaneth 32 3000 0.3
22 A24 Daniel Barwick   Destruction Ironjaws 25 2220 0
23 A13 Matthew Sheret   Death Flesh Eater 15 2460 0.2
24 A16 Patrick McComas Hate Chaos Pestilence 5 2800 0.1

Hi Matt and Keiron,

It was a brilliant event, I think the most fun I've had playing AOS in a tournament setting, despite getting my face smashed in on Sunday! I really liked the secondaries and emergency objectives, they kept the games interesting even though I was losing badly! The food was ace too, as was the use of Overwatch on Saturday night.

Obviously it was really cold but there was little you could do about that, so that's hardly a complaint. Maybe give death and destruction an extra 500 points :) to compete against the other two allegiances. Otherwise a brilliant and well run weekend, many thanks

George

10 reasons why you should have been at #AngelCore:

1. Two attentive TOs who know what they're doing & made everyone feel welcome & involved
  2. Secondary missions that helped players stay involved in the games or keep winners on their toes (some could have been a bit clearer/simpler though)
  3. Great venue in East London, with a bar, games store, plus computer/video & board games at no extra cost
  4. Best food in a tournament ever - I'm still drooling over that tender pork roast with perfect crackling
  5. A really strong hobby field for such a small event
  6. The chance to be part of an Alfrostun fighting out in the Everwinter
  7. Certificates for those who beat Jack Armstrong
  8. A 1-in-8 chance of playing against Vanguard Wing at the start, before they faced each other off in the top tables
  9. A wonderful atmosphere with great people
  10. Ming was there

Matt and Kieron. 

Fantastic job running this event! You were remarkably attentive hosts. The venue was very cool, spacious, good shop and handy location. I love having the sidetable areas next to the boards. Looked like people had a lot of fun playing Overwatch on the Friday. Some of the Legion chilled in the bar for a few hours.

As Ming said, the food was the best at any event I’ve been to (narrowly beating the Fish & Chips at Rain of Stars).

Pack

Turning to the pack, I liked the idea of secondary objectives and the way they were selected. I would scrap the one which involves scoring all four quarters in Battleround 2 - this had the effect of making the first initiative roll even more swingy. For example, vs Jack’s Seraphon, we both used that secondary and Jack won the initiative, so he scored it immediately in his movement phase (doesn’t have to wait until the turn/Battleround ends) and killed or brought down to 4 or fewer wounds all of my heroes (in his hero phase). Apparently D3 mortal wounds means 3 mortal wounds for Kroak.

I would consider changing the reach the opposite edge one as it’s incredibly hard for some armies (KO, Fyreslayers) and it is very dependent on the Battleplan. I lost 15 points across the five Battleplans and gained 0 from the secondaries, so I’m biased ?.

The Emergency Objectives were neat.

If you’re choosing the Order of Battleplans, then the Zig Zag Total Conquest is best before lunch - so can arrive early and set up. Your map was handy. 

Hi Matt and Kieron,

Thanks for organising the event, it was a lot of fun!

Pros:

• One of the things I liked the most was the fact that the lists were released a week prior. As someone with fewer games under their belt it was really helpful to at least be able to skim through everything that other peoples' armies can do.
  • I think that for a five game tournament, you chose the correct one to drop. 
  • I am a fan of the secondary objectives, although they didn't have an impact on any of my games.
  • Not matching club mates against each other day one.
  • Overall a good selection of armies, and opponents, with some great painting on display.

Cons:

• I would have preferred the scenarios to be released a bit earlier than 15 minutes before the game starts, possibly at the end of the previous one?
  • I would have liked the initial draw to have been posted a bit earlier.
  • Score sheet could have been more intuitive.
  • Other people brought Vanguard Wings.

Archived