Forever Young

This seems a nice place to start up a blog after deserting warseer! I will start it off with a recently finished Maw-Krusher. I have had a lot of fun painting this guy and it surprisingly didn't take too long to paint. I pretty happy with most of my it although I really need a lot more on the glory effect. I am happy to call him done though and move on to the next one.image.jpg

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Dez said:

Awesome! I have been looking for alternate Mawkrusha paint jobs so I can decide...is it scary I'm considering pink?

Haha, thanks for the comment!

What type of pink are you thinking?

A really pale pink could work really well i think, almost albino like would be pretty scary I think!

I was thinking hot pink...but I'm loving the Albino idea! The idea behind my Ironjawz is their Megaboss, Deffgob, spent some time in the Ogre Fighting Pits. He's learned to consume his foes, which he found to his delight not only instills his foes with fear but tastes great with a Moonclan Mushroom BBQ sauce. Black armor, with Bone and Red hightlights. Skull and bone facepaint, lots of bone armor decorations...so an albino would fit right in. Thanks for the inspiration, I was going to do hot pink because I couldn't decide, it would stand out and be a challenge...this will be the same.

28 minutes ago, Mikosan said:

Looks awesome!  I really like the brownish scales/skin, mind sharing your color palette?  I have been struggling with my dracoths as I am looking for something different than the blues I have seen.  Thanks!

Thanks Mate! The brown was very straight forward, base of Mournfang followed by the obvious wash of Agrax. I then drybrused with Ryza Rust dry paint and a very small drybrush with edge paint Lugganath Orange. For the stripes just Badab Black up to Pure black near the horns. Hope that helps. :D

Also so took a photo inside so there isn't so much glare not sure if it's any better tbh.

image.jpeg

9 minutes ago, DeadlySarcasm said:

This looks awesome! You should totally go make a blog in the blog section :D 

Haha thanks, this is the wrong place to make a plog? I saw a few others and just followed suit.

Anyhow here is a a very wip of a converted megadoses using the spares from the krusher kit.

image.jpg

I believe that Blogs are a way to tie in all of your WIP/Finished Painting threads. So you'd have a Plog about your OnG here, post a bunch of pics. Update your blog with a pic or two and a link to the plog. Then you could have another plog with your....Stormcast. Put all your pics in that thread, then update your blog with a couple pics from that and link it. Nahmean?

Looking great. A More natural Mawkrusha is any interesting take and pays off well I think :) Yeah, use of blog versus forum plog confuses me too, think I might stick to blogging mostly and update my forum thread with photos when things are finished and a quick word about whats on the blog recently.

55 minutes ago, Ademo said:

Nice conversion with the black reach boss - how does it size up to the AOS orruks?

Thanks for the comment, he is quite a bit bigger than the brutes but probably not as big as the official mega boss. Will try and get some size comparisons tomorrow evening for you.

So today I have mostly been hacking square bases of black orcs and adding round one to turn them into 'ard boyz. I will put some extra paint on them now as the old paint jobs look a bit rubbish next to the newer ones. 

I have also put a bit more paint on the converted mega boss. There is no light today as it is raining in Wales for a change!

image.jpegAlso I managed to get a size comparison for @Ademo sorry it's late been to busy watching the football!

image.jpegThanks for looking!

• 1 month later...

So I have painted up some brutes, and taken some a very bad photo with no light! Will probably try again on my day off.

image.jpegimage.jpeg

In other news I have purchased some blight kings and Lord of plagues, which I'm looking forward to. I need to get some black orcs painted first though! Thanks for looking!

Great stuff Roots - I remember you from Warseer as well and you always pulled out some quality pieces so its great to see you here too. What I'm most impressed with is that you've made me seriously want to pick up an Orruk or two - I've always liked the models but the GW scheme is just too cartoony for my tastes (same issue as they've always had painting Orc/Ork/Orruks over the years in my opinion) but the muted and drab colours on your armour look great. And that pale green brownish skin, that right there is a thing of beauty - I always picture Orruks with skin like that, so much more natural looking and threatening than bright green. The Mawcrusha looks great too, that brown really works wonders.

Looking forward to seeing more

• 5 months later...

Archived