Ogor/Destruction Plog

Ademo

Every update I am impressed, really solid work. The mournfang's fur looks great, drybrushing? Also I second the project box, I don't have the space for a permanent station, so it makes for a perfect semi-permanent one, along with an old GW travel case for the paint. Enough room in the box for all tools and glue, a decent amount of models, and all basing essentials.

• Replies 276
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks! Yeh not had too much experience painting so much fur and the thought of highlighting each hair was a big no no! I was quite intimidated at first but went for blocked colours, wash then drybrushed everything with the same colours to tie it together.

• 2 weeks later...

so after a quick break from the ogors (I was given a bunch of dystopian wars for my bday) I managed to find a bit of time for them over the weekend! I base coated and washed the last 2 ironguts and started basecoating the tyrant! Have also done some boring bits for the mournfangs but will update when I have more solid progress. Hope you're all doing well!WP_20160710_09_52_46_Pro.jpgWP_20160710_09_52_53_Pro.jpg

WP_20160711_22_34_45_Rich.jpg

Thanks so much for the encouragement, means alot and definitely hit me up if you grab some ogors. I had a butcher arrive through the post so set to work stripping it down - not a bad paintjob mind, just like to make everything coherent. Also, never liked the heads/faces on the original model so sculpted a simple neck and gave him a new head which is more to my liking. I had a go at some fat rolls too! I just need to find some motivation to paint now...

Bagged some time to finish up the 2 ironguts giving me a complete 'box' of them - may order some spare bodies to bump the numbers up as I have a good amount of spare bits and extra sprues thanks to a friend who gave me a load of his off cuts. WP_20160712_23_17_40_Pro.jpgWP_20160712_23_17_53_Pro.jpgWP_20160712_23_18_01_Pro.jpg

Not a huge update - the hot weather has prevented me spraying... It took me trying my butcher to find out... he's now a tacky mess so will need stripping ?

I have taken an army shot though, it's coming together nicely and once the handbook arrives I can focus on building a legal army _ will definitely need more battleline! Here we go so far20160719_112605.jpg

Very nice dude, The whole model looks complete and well painted. Only critique I have is to place a mid-tone on the bone. The Dark brown to Bone white is a very harsh segway. I usually do: Dark brown- Medium drab Brown (Steel Legion Drab) - Zandri Dust - Ushabti Bone. It make the bone look richer.

My favorite detail is the cool way you did the metal and the tattoo on his shoulder! :D

Thanks Soul! Mournfang was pretty simple actually. Base coated the whole thing in tallarn sand, then put on some patterns on with black and mournfang brown (quite fitting) then agraxed it all and dry drybrushed everything with ushabti and screaming skull

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

20160727_114856.jpgMy wip for today - butcher had to have a head swap as the other one melted... this model seems cursed! Started to put some skin layers on. Same with my second mournfang rider and just base colours and wash for the kitty itself.

I've now finished my mournfang rider and butcher!

First up - The mournfang with banner.

20160730_204233.jpg20160730_204245.jpg

and with his mate... They obviously didn't get the memo that they are now meant to be from snowy regions now or that they got their great weapons back or that they come in boxes of 4 these days.

20160730_204523.jpg

Next up the butcher - he took a bit longer than planned. Mainly as he started with red trousers at both the front and back and then once I had the apron painted up it just didn't look right without the classic bloodied look. And with this done the red trousers made the model look too...well red... so I repainted them green on the front. Anyway, pretty pleased with the headswap and the how he turned out overall.

20160730_204558.jpg

Next on my to do list: I ordered some spare ogor bodies and these turned up so I can now build and paint up an extra pair of ironguts. In a slightly sideways move, I also won an auction on some night goblins/moonclan grots which I'm in the process of soaking in a dettol vat as we speak. I'm thinking of giving them a non-traditional colour scheme, so not black robes. Instead I thought I'd go for a more rabbley look of earthy tones. Anyone seen any good non-black colour schemes that they would care to share?

20160730_204643.jpg

Thanks! Yes and no to bcr... Yes it gives some interesting leader choices but no as I'm primarily collecting gut busters so the battlions will probably not be any great benefit. It does give me some hope that when the guts do get a new book that the minis shouldnt change drastically - they kept the yhetees after all!!

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

34 minutes ago, Soulsmith said:

They look bloody fantastic! Really great stuff. I'd like to give it a try on my boars, or something similar ?I'm also planning on going for non-traditional moonclan, I'm thinking of tan deserty robes so I'll let you know!

Genuinely, huge thanks Soul - really appreciate your continued support, it has certainly helped me push through the painting block. Look forward to seeing what you have in mind for the night gobbos. I really like the images below as a starting point - but I plan on mixing in some more tones. I'm a big fan of including a smattering of red hoods - not only will it tie them to the rest of the army, but gives a very 'redcap' feel and I do love folklore. I'll also try to add the odd 'dags' and checks to tie them to their night goblin roots.

gobbo example.jpg

untitled-Ng.jpg

(I can't claim any credit for the above gobbos)

I managed to get my first 25 gobbos stripped down to the plastic - I have a new love for dettol so apologies if I bang on about it. I've based the first 10 ready for priming and a few of these will act as my test models. 

20160731_223251.jpg

Hey man no worries at all, I'm awful at stopping for prolonged periods of time, I really don't think I am going to make the first tale of purely due to being sidetracked. damn you video games!

Always good to mix up the hoods! Looking forward to seeing them.

Archived