Ogor/Destruction Plog

Ademo

• Replies 276
  • Created
  • Last Reply

48c8bfed87a69e8a659132c1be424fd4.jpg395a27743fba004617f50f8c40d0e627.jpg
Took a while to decide how to attach wings but came back to good old barrels! It's a sub theme accross the army and the curve works well with the squig as a platform for the wings. I have a few more pairs of them so will make some extra members of the squig flying corp for when I have a second catapult.

I'm visualising the 2 of them working together as almost a mini diorama if the makes sense?

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Thanks for the comments guys, the doom diver and crew are all based up ready to spray along with 20 archers and 10 squig hoppers! Decided to take a break from all the building and crack on with painting the mangler squigs as it was part of my pledge for the feb painting contract alongside some undead.

When I started it I thought to myself - 'big squigs, few gobbos, easy!'... but then I started and kept finding more and more little areas of stupid finecast flash thst I missed! So ended up scraping as I painted. I got most of the basecoat done tonight - only need to touch up the browns and a few little areas I've missed, then paint the huge number of chains and the bases! Then it'll be wash and layers etc. I imagine this will take a fair few more hours of work but should hopefully get a nice centrepiece(s)

7ec59209d73bab7f6d6d4343885e52c7.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

9f4abdc92824eb04d712f90df34ac0fe.jpg
Needing a break from the grim darkery of my aos28 warband, decided to get back to something a bit brighter...justva bit!

Made some progress on the layering of the yellow squig and some of the details. Gaining a new appreciation for the intricacy of the skin - like a flipping elephant! So many cracks and wrinkles etc. Still he looks a jolly fellow!

• 2 weeks later...

Had a citadel wood arrive this week! I like the kit alot, some really cool details - just need to be careful I don't have filthy dryads popping up out of it! I'm going to paint the trees and canopies (not canapés) seperately, and figured I'd start with the latter.

Made a test one - want to go fairly autumnal to tie in all the fallen leaves on bases:
4b0114ec8f98832126fb3b3cd1ccd881.jpg
Pretty bad light sadly so the colours dont show amazingly, but it is a mix of brown, red and orange.

And here's the production line - all base coated and agraxed! The process was pretty sapping (excuse the pun) but at least it's mostly drybrusing from here on!
95fcec9003f8ea9cedfc034d1ab9b977.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Progress time! Finally finished the squig flingas and the 2 herders!6b19a727d7822f8d592d8006ffa9de6c.jpg1b9de9c67fc8f9eb468b22d93480b79f.jpg
And as a bonus - all my painted gobliny goodness (plus giant because I like the model!)
f56e94e4bf8f44cd146f2a56cb880837.jpg
As I'm hoping to get more games in, I'm thinking about moving the moonclan over to the destruction section of the forum where I can track the progress (mostly losses I imagine) of the lil' gits [emoji2]

Archived